You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

No joy in tier 10 anymore

119 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

Listen to the You-tubers and the testers. CQ has made tier 10 a joke. Fires are out of control. No way to counter it no matter how you play it. Let it get to 3 fires and bang next hit 2 fires.. You can put a monkey in a CQ and sit back and hit other BBs with little skill and get fires every salvo. The British BB line should be scraped. If they want to keep them with their fire, call them heavy cruisers, knock their HPs just above other cruisers. Fix the citadel. Put them somewhere between a Cruiser and BB. That ship is destroying the tier 10 game. 

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

Your performance shows you've flatlined.  You're barely improving at all.  It's like slightly above 0% growth and yet you are not even over 50% win rate, and before you can even think to blame other players or external factors, you have way too many battles at over 3000 to use that excuse plus your WTR is 900.

There are other human beings that are doing over double your current ability and have ZERO problem dealing with CQ's.  Doesn't a muscle in your brain go off and tell you that maybe you should first become a skilled and consistent performer before making determinations of whether or not something is broken?  If it's broken for you, it has to be broken to everyone else and it isn't.  So a decently healthy-minded person would use deductive reasoning skills to say, "I'm going to go find out what the others are doing to counter the CQ and apply it."

• Cool 10

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
25 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Listen to the You-tubers and the testers. CQ has made tier 10 a joke. Fires are out of control. No way to counter it no matter how you play it. Let it get to 3 fires and bang next hit 2 fires.. You can put a monkey in a CQ and sit back and hit other BBs with little skill and get fires every salvo. The British BB line should be scraped. If they want to keep them with their fire, call them heavy cruisers, knock their HPs just above other cruisers. Fix the citadel. Put them somewhere between a Cruiser and BB. That ship is destroying the tier 10 game. 

GitGud.gif.7d6a63e042f116fd04df6c6ed1ce8a85.gif

• Cool 4

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
10 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Your performance shows you've flatlined.  You're barely improving at all.  It's like slightly above 0% growth and yet you are not even over 50% win rate, and before you can even think to blame other players or external factors, you have way too many battles at over 3000 to use that excuse plus your WTR is 900.

There are other human beings that are doing over double your current ability and have ZERO problem dealing with CQ's.  Doesn't a muscle in your brain go off and tell you that maybe you should first become a skilled and consistent performer before making determinations of whether or not something is broken?  If it's broken for you, it has to be broken to everyone else and it isn't.  So a decently healthy-minded person would use deductive reasoning skills to say, "I'm going to go find out what the others are doing to counter the CQ and apply it."

Untitled.thumb.png.ddccfe5982fcd5acd8c54da0b5cec958.png

So much this^^^ So much this that the word "this" doesnt even imply how much "this^^" this is

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,749 battles
8 minutes ago, VGLance said:

He could have put it better but fire really should never have been a primary damage source. I mentioned this in another thread but HE should be the slow but steady way to grind health from the target when AP does not do the job and not the way to apply a DOT. Fire should be redesigned to be the minor irritant that it was originally.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,749 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

fire=citadel hit

it's pretty much the same damage, if every salvo get 2 cit hits, that's too much, obviously

Citadels you can limit by not showing your broadside where with HE it doesn't matter, you are going to burn.

• Cool 3

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,619 battles

I do not have a problem dealing with Conquerors, but I can be a Royal Pain in them hehe.

5IHWc4C.png

• Cool 1

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Between the HE spam from all the battleships now and the all around game model of BB's vs DD's with one or two cruisers mixed in at higher tiers, I have all but stopped playing. Tier 5/6 where it used to be a fun relaxation mode is now just a you know what show of Sharn's and Belfasts seal clubbing anything they can. Tier 8 is just fodder for 10's since they pull a ton of tier 10 games. 

• Cool 2

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles

T10 was never fun, the credit cost alone makes it unsustainable for most players.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 4

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
6,388 battles

These Conqueror complaints are becoming about as constructive as the monthly "we need submarine" posts.

While I have not faired well against them in the Des Moines, I've found them to be enormous XP pinatas in the Khab and not significantly different in the Neptune.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
32 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Citadels you can limit by not showing your broadside where with HE it doesn't matter, you are going to burn.

yep, that's why CQ is OP in terms of damage

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

But HE damage is repairable and AP damage is mostly not, a major reason why it balances out that noobs never mention.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
5 minutes ago, VGLance said:

But HE damage is repairable and AP damage is mostly not, a major reason why it balances out that noobs never mention.

repair is way overrated, and the best repair is CQ, CQ's targets have pathetic repair at best, how ironic lol

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

I find tier 10 games to be fun.  Favorite ships being Yamato and Zao, with Missouri seeing a fair share of T10 games.  CQ does not bother me in the slightest.

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
3 minutes ago, Veksha said:

I find tier 10 games to be fun.  Favorite ships being Yamato and Zao, with Missouri seeing a fair share of T10 games.  CQ does not bother me in the slightest.

You can probably farm a HC medal off of a single CQ. Especially in a ship like the Khabarovsk 

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,833 battles

OP - i thought the CQ was going to be a terror after seeing Flamu's video but so far personally haven't seen it come close to that doomsday scenario.  In fact I think its starting to be a factor as to who gets focused fire more often.  I notice in the upper tier Brits (i have to tier 8) they seem to be the primary targets.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

I suggest, OP, if you are having a problem with the Conqueror, that when you see it in battle, you go after it & get it before it gets you.

Beta Testers
214 posts
6,141 battles

I average about 11 fires a game in my CQ..but I also average that same amount in my MO and every other BB no matter the tier if I go pure HE( I've tested this). Play a game and fire nothing but HE with a BB and you'll get the same results.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,678 battles
46 minutes ago, Veksha said:

Funny I feel the opposite of your opinion , I have much more fun in the mid tier area

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

And here I thought this thread was going to be about how playing grinding Tier VIII is hardly fun anymore because so many people play Tier X compared to a year ago (at least it seems that way).

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Binkley said:

These Conqueror complaints are becoming about as constructive as the monthly "we need submarine" posts.

Submarine_and_periscope.gif.952855d1ef196c9307a50c7d3df3d22c.gif

[OPG]
Members
3,879 posts
5,476 battles

I find a proper fire resistance build, Fire Prevention + Basics of Survivability, can have a drastic reduction in the amount of fire damage a BB takes.  It's fairly rare to ever have more than one fire burning at once given most people aim for the super structure, and with flags and captains skills fires don't even burn all that long.  The raw HE damage is far more of a threat than the actual fires....

Edited by yashma