You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Anyone else have a liking to Monarch?

15 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles

I've heard a lot of bad things about this ship...but after getting through about 2/3 of the grind I'm beginning to like her.  The big surprise for me...her AP is better than I thought it would be.  

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,348 battles

I want to like her so badly, but her gun dispersion likes to troll me hard.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,174 battles

She is a disappointment after the KG V, where as the Bismarck and North Carolina really shine at tier 8 for their respective lines, I don't feel it from the Monarch.  Looking forward to the Lion and Conq, the two ships that bookcase the special flavor of the Brit BB line along with the Orion/ Iron Duke.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
17 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I've heard a lot of bad things about this ship...but after getting through about 2/3 of the grind I'm beginning to like her.  The big surprise for me...her AP is better than I thought it would be.  

7 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

I want to like her so badly, but her gun dispersion likes to troll me hard.

I agree with both of you. Still a better ship than I expected, although I still have a long grind ahead of me.

Members
6,622 posts
25,255 battles

I like Monarch better than KGV. Already at Lion but kept both KGV and Monarch. Still play her daily and do decently.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

I motored though it and didn't keep it, but that's more because it's a paper ship than anything else.  I didn't need another T8 battleship.  That said, I thought it was well balanced and quite playable.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
47 posts
5,754 battles

i hated it more than i hated izumo, i spent all 150k free xp that i was saving up for musashi to get out of playing even one more game in her

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,622 battles

The AP on Monarch is good and I have never used HE in that ship, I enjoyed the grind.

Veqc3Zd.png

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,441 battles

I don't mind Monarch, but I won't be keeping her.

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
17,814 battles

I have tried hard to like her but she just feels lack lustre to me.  She isnt slow but isnt blisteringly fast. Her armor is ok but not great. Her guns are decent but not outstanding in hitting power or accuracy.  Her AAA suite is ok ... she is just so much meh and so little YAY.  Compared to Bismarck , NC  and Amagi all of which have noticeable strengths and weaknesses she is bland and uninspiring.  I desperately hope Lion will be more engaging. 

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Worst tier 8 BB in the game BY FAR in my opinion.