Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Got them Lolorado blues...

8 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,013 battles

Not a main with it by any means, but I like to take out Colorado every once in a while because I generally do pretty well in it, and because, as I like to repeat; 'I started playing Colorado with a zero-point captain on a dare,' and again, have always done well in it. Not awesomely, perhaps, but well enough for me personally.

This weekend seemed to be the exception to that rule.

I believe 4 of the games were wins, but they were quite the sad wins. Curb stomps where the destroyers and cruisers wound up murdering everything before I could even get close; less than 3k damage in three of the games... in a tier 7 battleship... ...less than 3k... la, la, la...

The fourth win was mutch better, and more normal; over 100k damage.

The loss... In the loss I did zero damage, and wound up with a 'no contribution to battle.' Went to help someone, the Reds decided 'Tag! You're it!' and I got focused to death. Thanks to a Micky K that couldn't motivate themselves to shoot out of the smoke they were in at the SPOTTED destroyer that was spotting me, I had a really short game. Driver wandered off into the corner of the map, and I have no idea if they ever shot at anything or not; I was too hacked off, and just went back to port as soon as the curb stomp of us was complete.

Considering it took me EIGHTEEN BLOODY GAMES, (15 battleship games and three Hosho games,) to get the three wins I needed to start the Guadalcanal missions, I can only conclude that last weedend just wasn't my weekend...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos

[TBW]
Members
6,344 posts
11,892 battles
29 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

curbstom

Had to look it up and couldn't find the word so I take it you mean curbstomp which even has images and is more what I pictured from your tale.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,445 battles

Are you using the Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 upgrade? It helps boost your gun range quite a bit by 16% from 18.83 km to 21.8428 km (18.83 * 1.16). Stack a Spotting Aircraft consumable for another 20% for the duration to 26.21136 km (18.83 * 1.16 * 1.2). Even if you don't take Artillery Plotting and just have Spotting Aircraft, that's a boost to 22.596 km for the duration. Either one or both should give you a chance to start shooting your guns early if getting into range to shoot is an issue.

Edited by Lightninger

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,073 battles

Curbstomp by Meg Myers, good song... good or bad seems to come in waves (pun), some weekends seems the RNG gods are against you, the direction you pick is always where the red team is, the cap you dive into is hiding 3 Shimas, your teammates end up being pure Idaho, and the ships that are usually golden are just dross... guess games way of showing are not as good as we think we are...tests in humility 

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,013 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Had to look it up and couldn't find the word so I take it you mean curbstomp which even has images and is more what I pictured from your tale.

la, la, la... darn typos, I need to pay more attention...

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,013 battles
48 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Are you using the Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 upgrade? It helps boost your gun range quite a bit by 16% from 18.83 km to 21.8428 km (18.83 * 1.16). Stack a Spotting Aircraft consumable for another 20% for the duration to 26.21136 km (18.83 * 1.16 * 1.2). Even if you don't take Artillery Plotting and just have Spotting Aircraft, that's a boost to 22.596 km for the duration. Either one or both should give you a chance to start shooting your guns early if getting into range to shoot is an issue.

I believe so, and yes for sure on the spotter, (at work, so can't check for sure atm.)

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,528 posts
3,521 battles

I still run a full AA build on mine, I got it way back in the day and got the buff half way through the grind. Personally it is my go-to ship when I'm having a bad night. The AA maxes out at 87, which at T7 is hilarious especially when your still see T5 and T6 CVs regularly, heck I hardly fear same tier or even T8 CVs and the best part most CVs think the Colorado is easy food since it had a bad reputation. C hull has a 2.0 sigma which leads to some truely [edited] accurate salvos. There is no ship I fear except NCs because their slow heavy shells hurt like heck every time, I count on angling my citadel box so enemy shots mostly overpen, but NC shells don't over pen

Members
15 posts
1,535 battles

Op I feel your pain i have been playing with trying to figure out the best build for the Colorado myself an have wasted way to many credits trying to configure this ship. What i have settled on is on a AA based build and i actually took off all modules that boost range in any way and currently have her rage set to 17.7km. Which is perfectly adequate for most battle scenarios if i need more range in a pinch i use my spot plane. What this did is tighten up the dispersion of her guns to 231m which is basically as tight as they can get. I found this helped ME be able to actually hit things reliably in the Colorado her main weakness is she doesn't have enough HP and shes made of match sticks which doesn't help at all when HE spamming cruisers and British BBs target you. This ship is extremely easy for them to burn to the keel so try and avoid being the best target in range but don't sit in the back if you have another slow BB on your team stick with them because everyone else will probably just leave you guys so you two have to support each other in order to be a contribution to the team. Well that's my 2 cents i hope it gave you some ideas or inspiration.

Sign in to follow this