Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheFouledAnchor

Hello, New/Not New/Still a noob

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
108 posts
1,009 battles

Been here since the Closed Beta, just never that active, as I never seemed to be that good.  Wanted make the transition between Coop and PvP.

New as in I am mostly Co-op, and the transition from Co-Op to PvP all but makes me a noob, maybe worse than a noob, as I have some bad habits.  I really like/liked Co-op, but it just doesn't provide the enjoyment that it used to.  Anybody recommend a Line/Class that is noob friendly, and tolerant of mistakes?

 

Other hints welcome as well!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

IJN Lol just kidding, use those if you want to learn really fast, and really brutally.

No, try this, USN Cruisers, KM DDs, Brit BBs, and IJN CVS  No don't try CVs, they're fun, but they're a heck of a lot of pain at first.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

Also, if I were you, familiarise yourself with the fact that random battles are basically like trench wars, both sides have nice locations of islands to use as cover, and poop out occasionally to smash an enemy, the more you know how to use islands, the better you will be.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,653
[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

The random play-style is nothing like co op. Not everyone aims as good as the bots a few are better than the bots. No one torp beats as good as the bots. Take your time and get to know your ships capabilities.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
448 posts
7,474 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The random play-style is nothing like co op. Not everyone aims as good as the bots a few are better than the bots. No one torp beats as good as the bots. Take your time and get to know your ships capabilities.

 

While this may or may not be true, thinking and breathing human opponents definitely provide more of a challenge than bots (aiming skills or torpedobeats notwithstanding).

Also german BBs are a good, forgiving line for new-ish players IMHO.

..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,653
[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

 

While this may or may not be true, thinking and breathing human opponents definitely provide more of a challenge than bots (aiming skills or torpedobeats notwithstanding).

Also german BBs are a good, forgiving line for new-ish players IMHO.

..

Yes but you will never see a full red random team charge at the beginning of the battle and real players are better. Mostly I think because you don't know what to expect from them where bots are quite predicable.

I Agree the German BB's are a good starting place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles

Anchor, just looked at your stats, You'll be fine. Look like a pretty decent dd driver. I'm a bb guy but have the utmost respect for the dd captains. I was the same when I started out. Played a ton of coop. Started PVP and did all right. Besides, there's something a little more gratifying knowing I just sank some poor schmuck like myself than a bot. Good luck

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355
[HELLS]
Members
1,683 posts
15,135 battles
29 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Anchor, just looked at your stats, You'll be fine. Look like a pretty decent dd driver. I'm a bb guy but have the utmost respect for the dd captains. I was the same when I started out. Played a ton of coop. Started PVP and did all right. Besides, there's something a little more gratifying knowing I just sank some poor schmuck like myself than a bot. Good luck

My thoughts exactly. This old noob says do it!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1,266 posts
13 battles

Welcome! I'm happy to hear that you're being active in the game again. Co-op battles are very enjoyable, so I do see why you like to play them. Good luck in all of your future battles! :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
108 posts
1,009 battles

Hey All! Thanks for all the advice.  I got horribly schooled in the IJN line, but still love my FunkyTaco.  Since I am already in the T5-6 in US destroyers/cruisers and already invested in German stuff, looks like that is the way I'll go.  Carriers, that is only for Co-Op.  It is somehow still pleasurable to drop a line of torps on a bot.  Suspect that won't last, but T4/5 it is still fun.:fish_happy::fish_book:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
131 posts
9,550 battles

Welcome Aboard. Are you a Navy Vet by chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
108 posts
1,009 battles
On 11/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, MCBURL said:

Welcome Aboard. Are you a Navy Vet by chance?

Yup.  Submarines.  Did 10 years, but despite the forum title, I didn't make chief.  Made E-6, but got out before I put it on.I was an FT.  Prior to that, I was in the Guard.  Infantry

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,065
[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

They let Infantry on submarines??  How do they do their laps?

 

Anyway, welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[AK]
Beta Testers
305 posts
2,007 battles
On 11/22/2017 at 6:29 PM, TheFouledAnchor said:

Yup.  Submarines.  Did 10 years, but despite the forum title, I didn't make chief.  Made E-6, but got out before I put it on.I was an FT.  Prior to that, I was in the Guard.  Infantry

Awesome, and thanks for your service. Active Duty Navy myself. I'm very much a middle of the road player myself, but really enjoy playing just the same. Fortunately the clan I'm with is very helpful in encouragement and in giving tips/tricks for each line of ships. Welcome aboard.

 

~ Feardanube

Armored Knights FFC

www.armoredknights.us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
131 posts
9,550 battles

Look me up sometime and we'll division up for a few games. Have a few other Navy Vets in our Clan:  1RD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
108 posts
1,009 battles
On 11/28/2017 at 7:37 AM, MCBURL said:

Look me up sometime and we'll division up for a few games. Have a few other Navy Vets in our Clan:  1RD

Will do, but warning, I only have about 75 or so PvP battles, and sometimes make like a soup sandwich, with an incredible sense of stupidity, especially when in a destroyer.  I get a little to brave, or to big for my britches.  Situational awareness could use ALOT of work.  BATTLESHIP PRETTY!  MUST SET ON FIRE!!!! *Totally misses the Japanese destroyer sticking torpedoes up his [edited]...*  Not quite that bad, but I have a tenancy to focus fire, and only focus on that target.  See the trees, but miss the forest as it were, and look for bugs on the trunk of the tree being focused...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×