You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzerlin

Your 'Fun' Ship

107 comments in this topic

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
8,968 battles

Now lets be clear, its possible to have fun matches in all ships in this game.  Yes, even that one. 

However

After suffering a losing streak or just getting bored of grinding, you reach for that one ship you almost always have a good time in.  Regardless of tier, what is that ship?

It has to be Kongo for me.  The IJN battleships being my first line of the game, this ship just always clicked with me.  Even a bad Kongo fite tends to at least be pleasant at one stage before team collapse or a filthy Fūjin on the flank puts an end to it.  The Cesare seems to have this potential for me too.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,216 battles

For me, one choice would be my 'Machine Gun Kelly' aka the Emden.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
1 minute ago, hofmannsc said:

Kutuzov- who doesn't love a 1950s cruiser going against 1930/40s ships

Me.  I sold her and will buy the Missouri with the doubloons from the sale as soon as there is an xp conversion sale.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

Scharnhorst.

Ditto

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,449 battles

USS Marblehead,, 1920's Scout cruiser,, kiting at its best and the ability to fire the entire time as you have guns around your entire hull that can shoot over mountains,,,,,, Fun & Gun,fast,with a kickass firestarting ability. Put beer on it and I would gladly call it home.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

Bogatyr, Giulio Cesare, Charles Martel.

[H_]
Members
217 posts
6,982 battles

Clemson. usually, although lately I've been going to the Mogami, I mean who does not like launching 15 rounds downrange at once.. :)  

[HINON]
Members
1,487 posts
14,548 battles

155 Mogami 

HMS Fiji

Members
2,880 posts
1,365 battles

Id say Alabama, but mine is on a perpetual period atm.  Like 7 straight salvos into a broadside sailing AI hindenberg for 1 single hit.  The straddle is real....

Id also say Arizona, but T6, being in T8 all the time, and the game ending in 2 1/2 seconds before im even in range is old news.

Barring the [edited], both those ships are fun.

Scharnhorst is also a lot of fun. 

Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles

Believe it or not the St. Louis and Krasny Krap. St Louis is the first ship I felt good in. I actually bought the Krasny when it first came out and hadn't played very long and had played mostly BBs. I hated the ship and sold it about two weeks later. Then along comes one of the events where you have to have a tier 5 or higher ship from each nation reach some goals. Don't remember what it was but I didn't have any Russian ships. So I bought it again and I think I got a 10 point captain with it or had one from a crate. I watched a youtube video on the ship on how to spec it and the captain. Practiced and the ship is quite good if you know how to use it. Very unforgiving and you can die in a blink. Had to become a cruiser captain and not a BB captain. Got the captain up to 19 and loaded up. Have right at 270 battles in it and 50% winrate. WR has about 22 when I went the second round in it. Have to agree with Panzerlin on the Kongo also. Always do good in that ship

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,700 posts
3,265 battles

Giulio Ceasare, Scharnhorst, Arkansas Beta and Orion are some fun botes. Fletcher can be a real pleasure to sail as well.

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,764 battles
15 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Me.  I sold her and will buy the Missouri with the doubloons from the sale as soon as there is an xp conversion sale.

Never again sorry

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,136 battles

Nelson & Perth. Two pretty fun and unique ships. Also no chance of seeing the really lame tier 10 meta.

Edited by Merlox

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

I don't have it anymore, but it was definitely the Konig. For a ship that I do have, the Albany. The Konig is just so good at everything at T5... the AA is good, the guns are good, the armor is good enough, the speed is good... that thing is just tons of fun. Pretty sure I had my best game in it to, if I can find the screenshots... the Albany is just a low tier cruiser designed specifically for seal clubbing. It's not actually good, but that's not the point; it's a premium. :cap_haloween:

KCdNwpW.png

gVZIWFv.png

Found them. <3 Carry harder, I guess.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I don't have any ships that really bore or frustrate me (except possibly Emerald). If I'm bored I play suicidally or recklessly. It works in any ship. It probably works the best in German battleships though.