You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Treediagram

Can we please have some prem CA???

47 comments in this topic

Treediagram    593

WG has been releasing/testing a lot premium ships lastly but none of them are CA (Cruisers with gun caliber 8"+) and on top of that CAs has the least amount of premiums.

Let's look at current statues of premium ships:

BB: Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Mutsu, Ashitaka (WIP), Kii, Musashi (WIP), Arkansas Beta, Texas, Arizona, Alabama, Massachusetts (WIP), Missouri, König Albert, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Imperator Nikolai, October whatever,  Warspite, Hood, Nelson, Duke of York (WIP), Giulio Cesare, Roma (WIP), Dunkerque, Jean Bart (TBA) = Total 24 + 1 (cuz TBA Jean Bart)

CV: Kaga, Saipan, the E, Zeppelin(WIP) = Total 4

CL: Katori, Yubari, Iwaki Alpha, Albany, Marblehead, Atlanta, Flint, Emden, Diana, Aurora, Oleg, Murmansk, Krasny Krym, Molotov, Admiral Markarov (only exclusive in Russia in special way), MK, Belfast, Huang He, Perth, Duca D'aosta, Abruzzi (WIP), De Grasse = Total 21 + 1(cuz Markarov is special)

DD: Tachibana, Fujin, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Shinonome, Harekaze, Smith, Sims, Kidd, Black, T-61 (WIP), Gremyashchy, Okhotnik, Leningrad, Campbeltown, Gallant, Aigle (WIP), Anshan, Lo Yang, Vampire(WIP), Blyskawica = Total 21

CA: Atago, Indianapolis, Spee, HSF Spee, Prinz Eugen, Stalingrad(TBA at least in 2018) = Total 5 + 1 (Stalingrad)

Look how small choices are for heavy cruisers. Considerung HSF Spee is same as Spee, choices become only 4 + 1, not to mention Eugen is basically copy and paste of Hipper and Stalingrad is actually a battlecruiser and not heavy cruiser. Those who like heavy cruisers and don't want to pick up 6"+ gun IFHE mandatory ships have literally almost as much choice as CV players. And you know how small CV player base is and how much larger cruiser players are compared to CV players.

So I ask WG whether we can have some more premium heavy cruisers.

E.g.

USN t8 prem CA: Wichita (since WG moved Balti down to tier 8, I can see Wichita being a prem t8 USN CA)

MN t8 prem CA: C5 SA1 - basically charles martel without planes but heavier AA

RM t8 prem CA: any of Zara class sistership

RN t6 or 7 prem CA: York

• Cool 3

Ace_04    805

I'd definitely like to see a heavy cruiser sub-branch (without AP only gimmick) added to the Royal Navy tech tree in the future.  I don't think there are enough ships to do a full line, but probably enough to do T6 and up.

• Cool 1

Treediagram    593
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'd definitely like to see a heavy cruiser sub-branch (without AP only gimmick) added to the Royal Navy tech tree in the future.  I don't think there are enough ships to do a full line, but probably enough to do T6 and up.

look here

Cobraclutch    1,016
27 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

Adding to the discussion. 

We also need more Free XP CA/CL's and DD's.. as there are currently 0. 

• Cool 3

26 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

or the Trento class at tier VI armor and speed of the Duca D'aosta fire power of the Zara and still has torps

bewbs_    36
8 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

I'll take one of these plz.

Tier 10—1939 Heavy Cruiser

In 1939, very soon after the war began, designs were studied for new heavy cruisers capable of beating the German Admiral Hipper-class. These designs would have been able to match the German heavy cruisers in speed, and carried more 8-in guns. However, when Churchill returned as First Sea Lord, he requested a modified design armed with 9.2-in guns and armour to withstand 8-in guns. This ship would have displaced a massive 22,000 t.

Maximum Speed: 33.5 kts

Armour

• 178 mm (7") belt
  • 102 mm (4") deck

Main armament

• BL 9.2-inch, unknown Mark (234 mm), 3 quadruple turrets

4 minutes ago, bewbs_ said:

I'll take one of these plz.

Tier 10—1939 Heavy Cruiser

In 1939, very soon after the war began, designs were studied for new heavy cruisers capable of beating the German Admiral Hipper-class. These designs would have been able to match the German heavy cruisers in speed, and carried more 8-in guns. However, when Churchill returned as First Sea Lord, he requested a modified design armed with 9.2-in guns and armour to withstand 8-in guns. This ship would have displaced a massive 22,000 t.

Maximum Speed: 33.5 kts

Armour

• 178 mm (7") belt
  • 102 mm (4") deck

Main armament

• BL 9.2-inch, unknown Mark (234 mm), 3 quadruple turrets

if you want quad turrets expect less then good accuracy. but other then that looks good

SireneRacker    1,434

Actually we have another Premium heavy Cruiser in the game~

nGrcxoH.jpg

Ok I'm silent now... plz don't hurt me :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

Actually we have another Premium heavy Cruiser in the game~

nGrcxoH.jpg

Ok I'm silent now... plz don't hurt me :Smile_hiding:

I don't think the tone counts:Smile_teethhappy:

FCA_Wichita    371

Though I don't have a device to play it, Wichita is in World of Warships Blitz.  Would love to see her in the PC version.  A premium with radar, defensive AA, and hydro would be nice (akin to her light cruiser half sisters).

SireneRacker    1,434
2 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

I don't think the tone counts:Smile_teethhappy:

I know, but I couldn't resist :Smile_teethhappy:

Back on topic though, the one I'd love to see is Maya at T7.

• Cool 1

mofton    908

For the RN Exeter would be a great addition rather than York (lead ship for a CA branch).

Wichita seems a no-brainer for the USN. Lots of demand, unique ship, readily in the bounds of balance.

Gorizia would be good for Italy in my view. Phoenix_jz has convinced me.

I'd rather a built ship for France, maybe a Suffren class. If memory serves they varied within the class a decent amount. There's a lack of history for some of them, but they look great.

jrs5121    120
31 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Adding to the discussion. 

We also need more Free XP CA/CL's and DD's.. as there are currently 0. 

well I'm not sure if it counts but the arp ships were free and they had ca/cl

jrs5121    120
1 hour ago, Treediagram said:

WG has been releasing/testing a lot premium ships lastly but none of them are CA (Cruisers with gun caliber 8"+) and on top of that CAs has the least amount of premiums.

BB: Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Mutsu, Ashitaka (WIP), Kii, Musashi (WIP), Arkansas Beta, Texas, Arizona, Alabama, Massachusetts (WIP), Missouri, König Albert, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Imperator Nikolai, October whatever,  Warspite, Hood, Nelson, Duke of York (WIP), Giulio Cesare, Roma (WIP), Dunkerque, Jean Bart (TBA) = Total 24 + 1 (cuz TBA Jean Bart)

CL: Katori, Yubari, Iwaki Alpha, Albany, Marblehead, Atlanta, Flint, Emden, Diana, Aurora, Oleg, Murmansk, Krasny Krym, Molotov, Admiral Markarov (only exclusive in Russia in special way), MK, Belfast, Huang He, Perth, Duca D'aosta, Abruzzi (WIP), De Grasse = Total 21 + 1(cuz Markarov is special)

DD: Tachibana, Fujin, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Shinonome, Harekaze, Smith, Sims, Kidd, Black, T-61 (WIP), Gremyashchy, Okhotnik, Leningrad, Campbeltown, Gallant, Aigle (WIP), Anshan, Lo Yang, Vampire(WIP), Blyskawica = Total 21

CA: Atago, Indianapolis, Spee, HSF Spee, Prinz Eugen, Stalingrad(TBA at least in 2018) = Total 5 + 1 (Stalingrad)

Look how small choices are for heavy cruisers. Considerung HSF Spee is same as Spee, choices become only 4 + 1, not to mention Eugen is basically copy and paste of Hipper and Stalingrad is actually a battlecruiser and not heavy cruiser. Those who like heavy cruisers and don't want to pick up 6"+ gun IFHE mandatory ships have literally almost as much choice as CV players. And you know how small CV player base is and how much larger cruiser players are compared to CV players.

E.g.

USN t8 prem CA: Wichita (since WG moved Balti down to tier 8, I can see Wichita being a prem t8 USN CA)

you forgot the arp ships yes they are premium ships but you earned them and they had heavy cruisers 

4 minutes ago, jrs5121 said:

you forgot the arp ships yes they are premium ships but you earned them and they had heavy cruisers 

no they are not the are reward ship the don't make premium income but they do every thing else a premium ship does

Treediagram    593
7 minutes ago, jrs5121 said:

well ARP ships aren't really premium compared to HSF....

jrs5121    120
1 minute ago, Treediagram said:

well ARP ships aren't really premium compared to HSF....

they are but they just don't get the credit or xp part of it

Treediagram    593
Just now, jrs5121 said:

they are but they just don't get the credit or xp part of it

and that is a big aspect of prem ship and one of main reason why people buy prem to begin with.

Panzerlin    77

I do like my Heavy Cruisers.  A storied ship like Exeter is probably in the pipeline due to in-game classes that participated in the Battle of the River Plate already existing.  I mean, history nerds would probably recreate the fight in training rooms.  I'd dig that. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

IronMike11B4O    144
3 minutes ago, Panzerlin said:

I do like my Heavy Cruisers.  A storied ship like Exeter is probably in the pipeline due to in-game classes that participated in the Battle of the River Plate already existing.  I mean, history nerds would probably recreate the fight in training rooms.  I'd dig that. :cap_like:

That and Jutland in the training room. Jutland on Ocean.

Carl    346
1 hour ago, Treediagram said:

E.g.

First +1 on the general point.

Second, let me throw out my usual sheet anchor on Jean Bart, the odds we'll see her in anything like her final config are IMO slim, she'd simply have way too much AAA.

• Cool 1