You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Anyone experienced this?

44 comments in this topic

LittleWhiteMouse    16,661
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

I'm ashamed to say it's the worst bit of DD game play you'll ever see. Plus too heh heh - I failed miserably in the match.

That's okay! :cap_like:  We all have derpy games.  Some people try and pretend they don't happen, but good people own up to them... like my zero damage, first to die Yugumo game last night.  :fish_palm:  I'm watching your replay now.

VGLance    1,023

Ah the power of even reviewing our own replays and the healthy new perspective we get when we're on the outside looking in. 

Soshi_Sone    1,061
5 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

You know she'll take awhile to get to the target right? 

Yep, she will indeed.

:cap_like:

LittleWhiteMouse    16,661

Analyzing the replay, it looks like you were facing some light cruisers (Cleveland, Belfast) that didn't know how to shoot into smoke.  In both cases where you "take fire" while unspotted, the cruisers appear to have been trying to dig out the Nicholas on your team who had laid smoke, but their shots were going waaaaay long.

That's my take anyway.

Also, epic torpedo beats dancing against that Farragut!  That's montage worthy!

Buzzardsluck    28
40 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

You know she'll take awhile to get to the target right? This happens all the time in DD's when you go undetected some guy who fired at you from 17KM shells finally land even though the guy closest who you thought was the only one firing at you has ceased fire at a lesser range. Maddening yes but a cheat? Not even close.

I do not if there is a cheat, but I know the difference of the time to get the round to target. This is like 2 salvos in. Might be luck I do not know, but as soon as I see my indicator telling me I am detected I am weaving in and out. Like I said, might be luck is all. I am not saying they have a cheat and it does not happen all the time to indicate a cheat mod is out there.

STINKWEED_    159

Happens to me perhaps once every couple months. I tried posting the issue but got trolled to death.

I'm in my tier 5 Kamikaze. It's a tier 6 battle. No radar. My detection is 5.4km. The closest ships are 7km ++. Nothing remotely close enough to know I'm there and yet three ships are all firing at me, even as I turn they know where I am. Other times the exact same thing happens and I'm seeing that I'm detected too yet no smoke and nothing close enough to do so. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

Brhinosaurus    78

Has anyone ever tried triangulating hidden targets via two ships both equipped with Radio Position Finding?  Should theoretically be possible but I'm not sure what you'd have to do to have it happen quickly and accurately enough to be useful.

Umikami    1,079
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Call it luck if you want - but it seemed a bit too much for it to be luck

I know you're not feeding us any bull, but the fella's (and LWM) are right; need the replay, bro!

Lord_Slayer    87
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Has anyone ever tried triangulating hidden targets via two ships both equipped with Radio Position Finding?  Should theoretically be possible but I'm not sure what you'd have to do to have it happen quickly and accurately enough to be useful.

You'd still know if RDF was being used though. OP said it wasn't.

Also I think RDF just gives you a general heading, lets say a 20 degree arc. Trying to pin point that with a team mate while trying not to get sunk? As soon as you start to fire, your prey is already leaving the area and the next closest RDF target gets lit.

I have run into the odd situation where in a DD, I occasionally get a brief flash of detected, yet nothing is near me and the Red Teams DDs are on the mini-map far from the area and no I haven't fired the mains guns nor are my AAA turned on.

As someone stated, I think there is a bug somewhere, but it doesn't happen all the time, otherwise I think there would be alot more posts on this.

Edited by Lord_Slayer

Mulletproof    338

My own guess is telepathy. But seriously, some players are stupidly good at leading invisible targets well after youve gone dark and the moment even one shell connects, they see the impact and double down.

6thGuards    38
6 minutes ago, Mulletproof said:

My own guess is telepathy. But seriously, some players are stupidly good at leading invisible targets well after youve gone dark and the moment even one shell connects, they see the impact and double down.

That technique works very well in WOT and here also.

BrushWolf    1,331
58 minutes ago, Mulletproof said:

51 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

That technique works very well in WOT and here also.

Very true but when you have turned after going dark and more than one ship puts accurate fire on you it makes you wonder.

• Cool 1

6thGuards    38
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Very true but when you have turned after going dark and more than one ship puts accurate fire on you it makes you wonder.

That is where pure luck comes into play, good luck on the sender's end and bad luck on the receiver's end.  :)

BrushWolf    1,331
10 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

That is where pure luck comes into play, good luck on the sender's end and bad luck on the receiver's end.  :)

Which is why I said wonder which means until proven otherwise it was luck.

Herr_Reitz    1,274
9 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Analyzing the replay, it looks like you were facing some light cruisers (Cleveland, Belfast) that didn't know how to shoot into smoke.  In both cases where you "take fire" while unspotted, the cruisers appear to have been trying to dig out the Nicholas on your team who had laid smoke, but their shots were going waaaaay long.

That's my take anyway.

Also, epic torpedo beats dancing against that Farragut!  That's montage worthy!

Thanks - I'm gonna say they were luck-eee! Yea, Farragut... thanks ;-) 

And thanks to everyone for the input. Glad I had the replay to share. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

Herr_Reitz    1,274
7 hours ago, Umikami said:

I know you're not feeding us any bull, but the fella's (and LWM) are right; need the replay, bro!

Its in the thread fellow forumite.