You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Filmore_Slim

DDs and AA

50 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
25 posts
1,556 battles

DDs AA is too strong.  DF needs to be reverted back to 3x.  Do poor CV players really need to suffer like this?  No.  If WG has a problem with CVs killing DDs, the better, smarter solution would be to make CV torp planes only have deepwater torps.  That is all.

shot-17.11.13_08.43.59-0398.jpg

• Cool 4

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,683 battles

AA op plz nerf

hehe

• Cool 2

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
9 minutes ago, Filmore_Slim said:

DDs AA is too strong.  DF needs to be reverted back to 3x.  Do poor CV players really need to suffer like this?  No.  If WG has a problem with CVs killing DDs, the better, smarter solution would be to make CV torp planes only have deepwater torps.  That is all.

WG has a long history of fixing minor, insignificant problems with a sledgehammer. Somehow with every "fix" the game becomes more and more broken.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,483 battles

idk AP divebombs hurt alot when they hit a dd too ;-;

[ADR]
Members
4,317 posts
13,539 battles

don't worry, it's all part of the Master plan for CV rework,   rework them so NO players will want to ever play them  then toss out more premium carriers to make money off impulse buyers.

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
168 posts
7,551 battles

I personally think CV's should be removed from the game until War Gaming can figure out to implement them in to the game correctly. I am not a CV player, but would like to if War Gaming could fix CVs. 

[O7]
Members
25 posts
1,556 battles
6 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

I personally think CV's should be removed from the game until War Gaming can figure out to implement them in to the game correctly. I am not a CV player, but would like to if War Gaming could fix CVs. 

What is exactly wrong with CVs?  I think the are fairly balanced currently.  I also think CV should kill dds.

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
168 posts
7,551 battles
6 minutes ago, Filmore_Slim said:

What is exactly wrong with CVs?  I think the are fairly balanced currently.  I also think CV should kill dds.

I agree with you that CV's should be able to kill DD's. What I meant by my post was that I think CV's are too dependent on the skill level of the player. Where as with other classes even if you're just an average player you can still do well in the game. Also, the tier difference does not affect other ship classed like CV does. For example if you have tier 6 CV in a heavy tier 8 match, even a good CV player is going to struggle to do damage.  Another problem is tier 4 and 5 cv's can not manual drop and then when they get to tier 6 they have to learn a whole new way to play and now against better AA and better players. Instead of adding new premium CVs to the game I wish War Gaming would just put a freeze on CV's and get the game play fixed. 

Members
735 posts
4,643 battles

This was such a weird change. DDs with Defensive AA were already fine against carriers and DDs without defensive fire are still just as vulnerable. I honestly have no idea what this was meant to accomplish. 

[OO7]
Members
2,115 posts
8,403 battles

Being a DD main, I do feel that the change to 4x DF multiplier was unnecessary. Its the scattering effect that DF has that makes the difference not the AA firepower itself. That said, DF on DDs is very underused compared to engine boost, so WG made the change to make the DF able to compete more with EB in that slot. THAT said, I still doubt many DD players will slot DF anyways 

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,121 posts
11,501 battles

what a dumb cv...

anyway, this AA change sucks a lot, is more fun killing yourself in cv to wait for the next match fast them giving planes to this danm usn/ru dds.

[INTEL]
Members
6,727 posts
26,426 battles

I am a DD main and do agree that the new 4x is ridiculous.

What are they thinking?

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,683 battles
8 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Was expecting a Kidd screenshot. Was very pleasantly surprised.

And you shall receive

• Cool 1

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,099 posts
9,178 battles

PSA to CV players to think before hitting a ship..   Gorz got 15 last night in a match but NADO was running the CV and knew to keep the planes away from me except the fighters.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,194 posts
9,050 battles
53 minutes ago, Filmore_Slim said:

DONE

Spoiler

shot-17.11.14_08.59.19-0230.jpg

Most excellent. 

49 minutes ago, USSADIDAS said:

HAHAHA look at the CV burning in the background  :cap_rambo:

Poetic. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
2 hours ago, Filmore_Slim said:

Just like radar, if there is a DD near by with DF AA. Don't go there.

/thread

The devs want to reduce the effectiveness of CV's vs DD's. This does that. 

• Cool 1

Members
654 posts
4,417 battles
20 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Just like radar, if there is a DD near by with DF AA. Don't go there.

/thread

The devs want to reduce the effectiveness of CV's vs DD's. This does that. 

I never really found CV's were that effective at killing DD's to begin with, so this change to DFAA on DD's doesn't make much sense to me.