You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

50 Flags and 1 Flag

24 comments in this topic

Sovereigndawg    495

I got my 50th Flag today and on all of my 181 ships I fly only 1.

shot-17_11.14_00_01.17-0834.thumb.jpg.7c71efe2da375cede1a93b5b5c6e5723.jpg

Seems like such a waste. It is kind of a unique one though, being the only triangular one and Stars and Stripes and all.

AllysaRockz    65

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed by that to. I wish we could apply bonuses to the flags ourselves instead of having to earn certain flags with bonuses. Like, if a ranked player has one of those fancy ranked flags with those bonuses, they could apply those bonuses to another flag, like the Military Month Contributor flag. I wish that was a thing, because I have a few unique flags but I don't want to fly any of them because I'll miss out on the MMC Flags bonuses. That thing pays half of a premium consumable in an okay battle, so I can't really give it up in a game that revolves around in game currency. :Smile_sad:

aethervox    411
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

& herein lies a stupidity which WoWS, apparently, refuses to address.

• Cool 1

Sovereigndawg    495
13 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

There are that many flags? wth?

More than that even.

9 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

You choose to limit yourself to the singular flag.

I choose that yes, and I am sure that I have earned more than 1 ship by using it, so I have a reason.

7 minutes ago, aethervox said:

& herein lies a stupidity which WoWS, apparently, refuses to address.

To be fair to WOWS though, they have recognized this. Soon I will be able to mount more than 1 flag on the Japanese fleet. But still.

_WaveRider_    425

As the only time I pay any attention to the Flag on my ship is when I am in port (never view mine or anyone else's in battle), I am not surprised you keep the one on that gives you an bonus/advantage. Similar to the situation with strong ships that have been taken off sale. This is a war game where the aim is to win, so why wouldn't you give your efforts the best chance possible.

Snargfargle    737

That's a lot of flags. I have only a few flags. The only one I fly is the Corgi flag on the ship that sunk the Corgi. I used to fly ARP flags on ARP ships but since they all have had their colorful skins removed, and their commanders changed to regular IJN commanders, I no longer do this. In Ranked season, of course, I fly the flags that give bonuses on all ships.

Edited by Snargfargle

FireAndHEspam    565
4 hours ago, AllysaRockz said:

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed by that to. I wish we could apply bonuses to the flags ourselves instead of having to earn certain flags with bonuses. Like, if a ranked player has one of those fancy ranked flags with those bonuses, they could apply those bonuses to another flag, like the Military Month Contributor flag. I wish that was a thing, because I have a few unique flags but I don't want to fly any of them because I'll miss out on the MMC Flags bonuses. That thing pays half of a premium consumable in an okay battle, so I can't really give it up in a game that revolves around in game currency. :Smile_sad:

The only problem I can see with that idea is whether or not effects should stack on one flag. On one hand, players could stack a 200% XP bonus, something that should probably have capped at 50%. On the other, that same player may want to possibly add a credit multiplier in order to help afford to play higher tier ships they cannot afford the premium camo for. All in all, I guess the real question is “Where should it peak” rather then “should they stack?”

Chaos_EN2    416
4 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Wow 50!!

I use a different flag for the line/country - For my German Ships; I use the HSF Fleet Flag, I got with the Graf, For my Japanese Ships; I used the Pirate Flag - because it seems to fit color wise. For my Italian Ship-Giulio Cesare; I use the Friendship Flag from Invite a friend. And on my USN ships; I use the USCG Flag (at least until WG gives out the USN Flag).

That still leaves my about eight more flags that just sit there, I wish we could fly more than one or sell them back for Silver or Gold. 

Edited by Chaos_EN2

Lord_Slayer    87

I typically fly the MMC flag on my premiums and on ships that I am currently grinding.

After moving to the next tier, the lower tier ship gets a different flag, for example, my Bismarck flies the Hood flag.

Mulletproof    338

No point in running anything but the pirate day flag for me. Most of them are pretty uninspired. Seems like another lost opportunity, but people are buying ships and crates. Why bother?

Edited by Mulletproof

Kuckoo    827

I appreciate the aesthetics of the flags and don't care whether it gives a bonus or not.

Military Contributor Month flag on American ships.   The Hawaii State Flag goes on the Albany because it's just looks right.

Iron Duke and Trafalgar flags on the Iron Duke and Queen Elizabeth, respectively.  The Chatham Flag goes on any other RN vessel.

The Wilhelmshaven flag goes on all German ships.

The Naval Fortress Commandant flag goes on all Russian ships.

Port of Kure flag on all Japanese ships.

For now I'm using the Dunkirk flag on French ships until a proper French naval flag is out.

I ran the Pirate Day flag on the Halloween Special ships.  that was a good fit.

bassmasta76    143

At last count, I've got 39 flags.  The only one that I've ever really wanted is the Jolly Roger, but I've not yet been successful in my attempts to make R1 in any season yet.  In place of that, I run the Corgi Crossbones flag, since it looks cool.

Sometimes I mix it up and run diff flags on ships.... mostly I just collect them now.

b

AllysaRockz    65
6 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

The only problem I can see with that idea is whether or not effects should stack on one flag. On one hand, players could stack a 200% XP bonus, something that should probably have capped at 50%. On the other, that same player may want to possibly add a credit multiplier in order to help afford to play higher tier ships they cannot afford the premium camo for. All in all, I guess the real question is “Where should it peak” rather then “should they stack?”

No, because then people would just feed all of their useful flags into one flag just to make it so they have an insane, unbeatable competitive flag. It wouldn't be game breaking, but it would mean with the right flags, you could pay for premium consumables with impunity and basically make it so you never lose credits, or always gain an insane amount of xp, etc. That would eliminate some need to buy things like doubloons, and WG would never be on board for that. :Smile_teethhappy: 

IMHO I think it would make sense that you could put one of each kind of bonus on a flag, maybe up to a maximum of three bonuses. (if there's even any more bonuses beyond that) So if you have a 15% xp boost on a flag, and you apply a 20% boost to it, the boost changes to 20% instead of 35%. I think it would work fine if there was a peak. Maybe make it so it costs a chunk of credits to apply bonuses to a flag, and that you have to have the bonuses present on another flag you own for you to use those bonuses on another flag. But that would be entirely up to WG and they'd need to see what the best flag bonuses are, to see what kind of cap would work/make sense. I'd be totes down if they made it so I didn't have to use the same flag on every boat, because the stars and stripes look utterly ridiculous on my Bayern. And don't even get me started with the Aoba.

Edited by AllysaRockz
Spelling/Grammar

FireAndHEspam    565
51 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

No, because then people would just feed all of their useful flags into one flag just to make it so they have an insane, unbeatable competitive flag. It wouldn't be game breaking, but it would mean with the right flags, you could pay for premium consumables with impunity and basically make it so you never lose credits, or always gain an insane amount of xp, etc. That would eliminate some need to buy things like doubloons, and WG would never be on board for that. :Smile_teethhappy: 

IMHO I think it would make sense that you could put one of each kind of bonus on a flag, maybe up to a maximum of three bonuses. (if there's even any more bonuses beyond that) So if you have a 15% xp boost on a flag, and you apply a 20% boost to it, the boost changes to 20% instead of 35%. I think it would work fine if there was a peak. Maybe make it so it costs a chunk of credits to apply bonuses to a flag, and that you have to have the bonuses present on another flag you own for you to use those bonuses on another flag. But that would be entirely up to WG and they'd need to see what the best flag bonuses are, to see what kind of cap would work/make sense. I'd be totes down if they made it so I didn't have to use the same flag on every boat, because the stars and stripes look utterly ridiculous on my Bayern. And don't even get me started with the Aoba.

Now, how exactly would you obtain these bonuses? Premium shop? Missions? Campaign rewards? Ranked? The idea in and of itself is good, but as you said, if its not executed properly it could kill off the economy of the game in a way where WG would stop earning money off of sales or premium time and doubloons. That said, having a peak or cap would probably work out. I would say anywhere between 5-10% peak, but can only have 1 of any multiplier, credits, XP, free XP, or commander XP. Possibly design it to be just like speccing a captain. Force the player to make choices and what they want more. We could probably go on and on about this idea but if that’s the case then you should probably make a whole new, dedicated thread for it tbh

• Cool 1

I think it'd be a great idea to have a few different flags, maybe just 3 or 4 that could stack (within reason of course)

I think the ability to have a Clan flag or national flag alongside a flag with skill bonuses would be a nice touch

CLUCH_CARGO    340

I have suggested in another thread, move the skills to the Flag pole so any flag flown will have the Skills problem solved. For those who don't have a flag with skills nothing changes.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

Rilak    68

Lol you only fly one flag for 3% bonus....just get 1 more hit. And fly whatever flag u want.  I fly various pirate flags, or any that look better over a tiny bonus. Your in clan and should he getting a 3% bonus from that now your freed up from having to only fly 1 flag ...

slokill_1    50

So someone mentioned yesterday that they changed the burning man flag?  I do seem to remember some orange stick figure on fire on a yellow background.  Was that deemed too horrific or something?  I could be mistaken, though.

surratus    139

I have to admit to a dumb but funny FNG confession. For the longest time I thought a flag could be flown only on a single ship at a time.  Thus, I would demount and remount a flag when I wanted to move it from one ship to another.  It's okay I've done dumber things...

Taylor3006    691
2 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

So someone mentioned yesterday that they changed the burning man flag?  I do seem to remember some orange stick figure on fire on a yellow background.  Was that deemed too horrific or something?  I could be mistaken, though.

Some drug addled fool ran into a bonfire at the real event and died, so to keep the perpetually offended from complaining, they removed the stick figure. Welcome to the 21st century controlled by morons with twitter accounts. 

Edited by Taylor3006

slokill_1    50
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Some drug addled fool ran into a bonfire at the real event and died, so to keep the perpetually offended from complaining, they removed the stick figure. Welcome to the 21st century controlled by morons with twitter accounts. 

Ah, so that's when it happened.  I remember seeing that on the news a couple months ago I guess.  Yea, simply amazing.

And you're right about the perpetually offended, sigh.

Elegant_Winter    670
On 11/14/2017 at 1:39 AM, Akeno017 said:

You choose to limit yourself to the singular flag.

Exactly this.

It's a bit absurd to lock yourself into that decision and then blame someone else.