You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

Wargaming! What ever happened...

20 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

...to this?

Spoiler

Y'all remember this little teaser? Yeah, I saved the link... I want to see this. Its been over a year since this video was posted and the ONLY thing we've seen come of this, was the ugly fat guy on the Mighty Mo who looks like he's a brain aneurysm or something. (Seriously, he shouldn't be on a warship with that kind of medical condition. I highly suggest you get him off of their before he hurts himself...)

But yeah. Wargaming. What happened to this huh? I mean, judging by the video, it looked to be rather fleshed out. Sure the animations were a little snappy and not as fluid as they could be, but I'd imagine that wouldn't be very hard to fix.

So....any word @Sub_Octavian @SuperNikoPower @Pigeon_of_War, on whether or not this is still happening? I feel this would be a fantastic addition to the game, and would REALLY give a sense of scale to our ships while they're in port. You guys and gals have done a fantastic job so far adding all kinds of cool stuff, like the from the bottom skins for Hood and Bismarck, to the Halloween skins for the Tirpitz, St Louis, Nassau, ect.... how about adding this now? Its been long enough...

• Cool 4

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

They put crew into the Liberty Ship in port, did they not? And besides, the only time we'd even get to see crew on our ships would be in port anyway, since putting them on the ship when in battle would (apparently) cause the game to receive a different rating (i.e. "T for Teen" instead of "E for Everyone").

So yeah, we've probably seen all we're gonna see from that, sorry to say.

Members
218 posts
2,086 battles

I don't really feel like seeing my AA gunners turned into sub atomic particles from HE spam..

Although an animation in port would be cool.

[SYN]
Members
463 posts
8,887 battles

What do you call Stephen Seagal? Chopped liver? Here he is entering the ship and doing calisthenics. WG has implemented it so give then some credit :)

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,503 battles

It would be odd seeing a ship taking a full salvo and crew members on deck just walking about like nothing's happening.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

What do you call Stephen Seagal? Chopped liver? Here he is entering the ship and doing calisthenics. WG has implemented it so give then some credit :)

15 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

and the ONLY thing we've seen come of this, was the ugly fat guy on the Mighty Mo who looks like he's a brain aneurysm or something. (Seriously, he shouldn't be on a warship with that kind of medical condition. I highly suggest you get him off of their before he hurts himself...)

I did address that...

2 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

It would be odd seeing a ship taking a full salvo and crew members on deck just walking about like nothing's happening.

12 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

I don't really feel like seeing my AA gunners turned into sub atomic particles from HE spam..

Although an animation in port would be cool.

It would be in port only, like shown in the video.

12 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

They put crew into the Liberty Ship in port, did they not? And besides, the only time we'd even get to see crew on our ships would be in port anyway

So yeah, we've probably seen all we're gonna see from that, sorry to say.

I seriously hope thats not all...

[SYN]
Members
463 posts
8,887 battles
2 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I did address that...

I should slow down and read from time to time. Did you know I won a glue eating competition in 2nd grade?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I should slow down and read from time to time. Did you know I won a glue eating competition in 2nd grade?

Really!? Me too! =D

[BLOME]
Members
948 posts
6,698 battles
1 hour ago, warpath_33 said:

Or maybe fall on deck then get up to work like nothing happened.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

Y'know what? I'd love to see people scurrying around on the deck while the boat is in port. That would be awesome to see and would make for some really cool sights and screenshots. Though I can see why it wouldn't work while in battle... in WOT you don't see people blown to bits whilst burning alive when your tank gets ammo racked, because there's no people modeled inside. So when an Atlanta is raining death onto your BB from kilometers away, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want people getting blown up or set afire on the deck... would most definitely adversely affect the age ratings for the game, and I guarantee if it's advertiser friendly right now, it wouldn't be with that happening in battle. :Smile_sceptic:

If it was only for in the port, and the crew wore the corresponding uniforms of their nations, then it would be amazing. :fish_cute_2: It would just give me another reason to sit in port and admire my boats... that's a good thing, mind you!

[SIM]
Members
2,680 posts
4,423 battles

I would really like to see crew on the ships in port, just to provide a sense of scale for the vessels. 

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
8,547 battles
7 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Oh but the mods for that would be brilliant (and gory)

[TNG]
Members
303 posts
15,730 battles

What would be cool is during the loading screen before the game is have the the crew sailing from the port all lined up on the perimeter of the ship.  Having family members waving goodbye from the docks.

[SYN]
Members
4,585 posts
11,469 battles

I'd like to see the crew out doing work on the ship while in port.  Needle gun noises all day.  Pneumatic lines laying everywhere.

[ERN]
Members
616 posts
8,446 battles

There are so many things I would like to see added to WOWS and this being one of them. I would also like to see the anchors deployed (except drydock for obvious reasons), the ability to view the ship's exterior from its decks, and if it's an unlit port, the ship's lights be turned on.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,946 posts
4,837 battles

This might get outta hand. Heh, get it...hand.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles

as long as there is zero impact to performance, it's ok (but I dont really care).  If there is even the slightest impact, no thanks.