You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

EA SW Battlefront DISASTER

244 comments in this topic

I just want to point out a great learning moment for WG and ourselves as a player base that at the end of the day, bad public relations and money grabs will kill your bottom dollar. EA has gotten over -420K down votes on reddit making it the worst comment ever for micro-transaction unlocking just basic things for Star Wars Battlefront. Yes, WoWS has Micro-transactions but there always needs to be understanding of not going tooo far overboard. Just remember that your wallet and opinions do matter. Wargaming constantly releases opinion polls, and we release our own on the forums. So whenever you get one in game take the time to answer it, and pay attention. 
https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

Lert    15,686

It'll only be a 'disaster' and a learning experience for EA if dimwits stop thinking 'it won't be so bad this time, surely they'll have learned' and give EA their money regardless of all the crap they've pulled / produced.

• Cool 24

renegadestatuz    1,096
1 minute ago, Lert said:

It'll only be a 'disaster' and a learning experience for EA if dimwits stop thinking 'it won't be so bad this time, surely they'll have learned' and give EA their money regardless of all the crap they've pulled / produced.

:Smile_great:

Just now, Lert said:

^True its like No Mans Sky all over again. I just only want to point out that we need to pay attention to the customer feedback and that we as a community plus wargaming not to jump the bullet like the CC fiascoes. 

LittleWhiteMouse    16,659

I doubt very much this will amount to anything.  EA holds the licenses on so many big-name brands that consumers have happily thrown money at regardless of all of the bad press they've received over the last decade.  Battlefront may end up earning less than expected at worst, but it will still sell well enough that we'll see another EA branded sequel next year or the year after.

• Cool 6

Kitsunelegend    2,536

Remember kids, companies like EA don't care about your voice. They only care about money. So if you dont like some they're doing, tell them with your wallet, and keep it closed!

Vote with your wallet!

• Cool 3

awiggin    1,956

Sorry, I wouldn't play an EA game if you paid me money.

Too many broken promises, too many foolish mistakes. I played Earth And beyond back in the day, and it had it's issues, but it was a fun game....until EA bought out Westwood and managed to kill it within a year. (They even openly allowed botting) :Smile_facepalm:.

Edited by awiggin

Kitsunelegend    2,536
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I doubt very much this will amount to anything.  EA holds the licenses on so many big-name brands that consumers have happily thrown money at regardless of all of the bad press they've received over the last decade.  Battlefront may end up earning less than expected at worst, but it will still sell well enough that we'll see another EA branded sequel next year or the year after.

Except if they keep this [edited] up, they'll sell less and less and less and less until no-one buys their stuff and the company becomes some back water leaky shed company that can only barely pay their own rent let alone feed their 2 employees they have left.

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Yes, my point is in this community our voice does matter, if you don't voice your opinion then EA is the result!

ZaCLoNer    16

You know it is a cash-grab system with them. If people haven't wised to it, their loss.  I haven't bought EA anything in past 2 years because I don't like their business practice/model (Not even EA Access). I may be 1 person but that's $60+ less they are getting :)

TTK_Aegis    1,129

Unfortunately all voting with your wallet is going to do is get the developers fired. EA doesn't feel the lack of sales. They just can the developer that didn't bring in enough millions of units and buy another one to use up and can in 3 to 5 years. 

EA is a blight. A parasite. You need to stop buying /anything/ they make, not just the one specific game that went too far, or it won't hurt them in any way. Of course they could probably live off Madden alone, and chances of people not buying that every year are pretty slim.

cometguy    459

It's stuff like that has caused me to refuse to pay more than $20 for a game in at least the last 5 years, with the only exception being WoWS.

Between the value not being there, and so many games being released with serious bugs, I just don't see the point in paying full price for a AAA title.

• Cool 1

RedSeaBear    2,146

Remember when you bought a game and you got the whole game? The Sinksalot Fleet remembers.

I got my first taste of EA betrayal when they screwed up Westwood and killed Command & Conquer. 

I've avoided doing business with them as much as I can. 

• Cool 3

issm    3,165
18 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Except if they keep this shite up, they'll sell less and less and less and less until no-one buys their stuff and the company becomes some back water leaky shed company that can only barely pay their own rent let alone feed their 2 employees they have left.

Not if everyone does the same thing, and don't kid yourself, they will.

The publishers are all equally obsessed with profit over product.

The only real competition to that is.... well, this, but then, that's hardly ever going to be mainstream competition.

• Cool 1

Gasboy    83

EA hasn't gotten a single cent from me since the Spore debacle.  I refused to buy something that required me to be online AND only gave me three installs.  Because the internet never has issues that affect me, and all computers are completely perfect and you never have to reinstall anything.

Stonehammers    123
39 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Except if they keep this shite up, they'll sell less and less and less and less until no-one buys their stuff and the company becomes some back water leaky shed company that can only barely pay their own rent let alone feed their 2 employees they have left.

Problem is they aren't getting a profit from smart people. It's from kiddies with their mommies' credit card purchasing "loot boxes" that will perpetuate AAA micro-transactions forever. Believe me, it's not going away.

Sventex    822

I still mourn the loss of the Mass Effect Franchise.  EA didn't acquire Bioware fast enough to screw up Mass Effect 2, but somebody decided that the sequel to their game of the year title needed to be rushed out the door, and we got the franchise seppuku that was Mass Effect 3.  EA must have realize they forgot to decapitate the body, so had the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer team make Mass Effect Andromeda, which surprise surprise, only managed to competently develop the combat system at the cost of everything else.  Once EA acquires a game company, you can smell the death on another beloved franchise.  If EA ever buys out Paradox Interactive, I think I'll give up video gaming altogether.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 5

MidnightShamalan    1,004

EA doesn't care how many people decide not to buy their games. there will always be a new generation of dimwits yelling "mommy! i wants gaem!! gib! gib!"

TTK_Aegis    1,129
5 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Remember when you bought a game and you got the whole game? The Sinksalot Fleet remembers.

I got my first taste of EA betrayal when they screwed up Westwood and killed Command & Conquer. 

I've avoided doing business with them as much as I can. 

I remember when you got the whole game, a really nice quality box that opened like a boardgame box, not a fliptop box, a huge manual full of detail, story and character bios, posters, sometimes a keychain and other little baubles... and in the case of Ultima a really, really cool map of the world on thick, high quality cloth. 

Those were the days, man. 

• Cool 3