You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

EA SW Battlefront DISASTER

244 comments in this topic

Sventex    823
Just now, HMSVampire said:

EA will just blame DICE for it, close yet another studio later on and continue it's scandalous greedy practices unharmed. Star Wars Battlefront II is a disaster, but the biggest disaster is how it won't actually hurt EA.

EA is almost a paradox of Capitalism, profiting greatly from failure, harming the consumer, and sabotaging the innovation of the industry as a whole.

issm    3,165
4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

EA is almost a paradox of Capitalism, profiting greatly from failure, harming the consumer, and sabotaging the innovation of the industry as a whole.

I want to say so much about this, but I expect most of it would be haram to WG's censors.

As far as EA goes, I wonder how many of the people trashing EA here defended WG's Christmas and Halloween boxes, or even the collection boxes, like for Yamamoto.

(Psst, you don't need to wait for EA to buy out WG and trash them, the loot box cancer's already here. WG's still testing the waters, but trust me, worse is coming)

Edited by issm

Skpstr    1,454

Think what you will of WG, maybe they are money-hungry, but they still care about trying to make a good game for whales and skinflints alike.

2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Think what you will of WG, maybe they are money-hungry, but they still care about trying to make a good game for whales and skinflints alike.

Which is exactly why EA will add them to their list of victims.

Sventex    823
1 minute ago, issm said:

I want to say so much about this, but I expect most of it would be haram to WG's censors.

As far as EA goes, I wonder how many of the people trashing EA here defended WG's Christmas and Halloween boxes, or even the collection boxes, like for Yamamoto.

Unlike EA, WGing hasn't killed many beloved franchises, or use AAA resources to produce C grade games, charged at full price, and require $100-$200 extra to fully enjoy.  Yes, WG does get greedy with those bundles, but at least it shows restraint.  That Graf Zeppelin episode however, did erode a lot of trust I put into World of Warships however.  I don't play as much as I used to now.

issm    3,165
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Unlike EA, WGing hasn't killed many beloved franchises...

Because they don't have the capital to do so.

If they could, they would.

Sventex    823
Just now, issm said:

Possibly.  I guess you could say WGing isn't big enough to be a nuisance to video gaming at the moment.

Dr_Venture    1,515

Lets not forget the past, WarGaming has made many mistakes in the past....but they learned from them. 

Suffice to say this company has hope, I'd rather support them than EA.

F U EA - from a 501st legion member.

Lord_Slayer    87
issm    3,165
3 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Lets not forget the past, WarGaming has made many mistakes in the past....but they learned from them. 

They've also learned how profitable lootboxes are.

Sventex    823
1 minute ago, issm said:

Have they?  Because they haven't put nearly all the premium ships locked behind the lootbox unlike some other games.  If you want a Dunkerque, you don't have to hit up the slots in the vain gambler's hope of winning one.

NCC81701    170

@issm You seem to play WoWS a lot for someone who's every other post hammers WG and their sales tactics. How do you play so much of something you hate this much?

Edit: legitimate question, not intending to troll... I would have quit WoWS or any game that I'd complain about this much long before I ever hit 2000 games, much less 20,000+ games.

Sventex    823
1 minute ago, NCC81701 said:

@issm You seem to play WoWS a lot for someone who's every other post hammers WG and their sales tactics. How do you play so much of something you hate this much?

There isn't exactly an alternative to World of Warships.

Grizley    1,281
13 minutes ago, issm said:

They bought the rights to master of Orion and made a quite decent version. They even threw in MoO 1, 2 and 3 for free if you bought theirs.

That's the opposite of EA.

• Cool 2

issm    3,165
Just now, Sventex said:

Have they?  Because they haven't put nearly all the premium ships locked behind the lootbox unlike some other games.  If you want a Dunkerque, you don't have to hit up the slots in the vain gambler's hope of winning one.

YET

WG only started messing around with lootboxes at the beginning of this year / end of last.

They've already started with lootbox exclusive content (Those Halloween skins).

It's only a matter of time before they put ships in them.

issm    3,165
3 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

You seem to play WoWS a lot for someone who's every other post hammers WG and their sales tactics

Answered your own question.

Sales tactics aren't the game.

Sventex    823
Just now, issm said:

YET

WG only started messing around with lootboxes at the beginning of this year / end of last.

They've already started with lootbox exclusive content (Those Halloween skins).

It's only a matter of time before they put ships in them.

It's only when they lock all the content behind the lootboxes that I abandon ship.  It's why I never bothered with the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and it's why I don't like Overwatch that much.  I don't enjoy slot machines, and if that's the entire progression system, I'd rather be in Vegas cause they got some decent buffets, I don't need your dumb lootboxes.

Aetreus    402

Honestly while EA isn't great, I think that a lot of people are far too quick to blame the publisher for what are in many cases developer issues. Maintaining a studio's quality and repeating previous successes is in fact really hard, and few studios can actually manage that. People ignore independent studios that bomb because they don't have a common thread, but in general most game studios inevitably fold in fairly short order. Companies that can tough it out for years or decades are the exception.

Grizley    1,281
6 minutes ago, issm said:

Here is the thing.

There loot boxes they offered were something like a 30% chance of a premium you didn't own that was on the list.

Which means, if you spent 10 bucks or so you almost certainly got a ship. That ship came with a 10 point captain and port slot too.  

Now if you got say the Texas, that was a pretty good deal. If you got the Tirpitz or Kutuzov that is an amazing deal.    Even the boxes that weren't ships had good stuff, dragon flags, 100% xp camo and the like.

If that's greed, bring it on.

Now if they said Alaska is coming into game, only available via rare drop from loot crates there would be a riot that made the Alabama riot seem tame.

• Cool 3

Sventex    823
24 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Honestly while EA isn't great, I think that a lot of people are far too quick to blame the publisher for what are in many cases developer issues. Maintaining a studio's quality and repeating previous successes is in fact really hard, and few studios can actually manage that. People ignore independent studios that bomb because they don't have a common thread, but in general most game studios inevitably fold in fairly short order. Companies that can tough it out for years or decades are the exception.

Given that so many developers acquired by EA suddenly become fixated on making as many microtransations, expansions, dlcs as humanly possible, and marketing it all to the hilt, regardless of the quality of the game that so often released far too early, is it really plausible that it's just a massive coincidence?  The only way EA could be innocent of all this is if they were inflicted with a Mesopotamian Death Curse, and even then, I'd suspect EA did something to earn that curse.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 2

NCC81701    170
2 minutes ago, issm said:

Answered your own question.

Sales tactics aren't the game.

Nothing wrong w/ the buses in the Montgomery bus boycott either, but if you hate something on the scale that you seem to, just seems counter intuitive to support it, even passively by playing F2P only. At the very least, I'd get tired of writing about how [edited] their sales tactics are day after day and eventually do something else with my free time. 

issm    3,165
5 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Here is the thing.

Here's the thing, that was just their first try with the system.

I'm sure everyone thought lootboxes were harmless when what, TF2? introduced them 10 years ago. Look at them now.

Brohk    485

Here is the thing.

There loot boxes they offered were something like a 30% chance of a premium you didn't own that was on the list.

Which means, if you spent 10 bucks or so you almost certainly got a ship. That ship came with a 10 point captain and port slot too.  

Now if you got say the Texas, that was a pretty good deal. If you got the Tirpitz or Kutuzov that is an amazing deal.    Even the boxes that weren't ships had good stuff, dragon flags, 100% xp camo and the like.

If that's greed, bring it on.

Amen. I'm still using flags and premium camo obtained from last years Santa gifts. 

Now if they said Alaska is coming into game, only available via rare drop from loot crates there would be a riot that made the Alabama riot seem tame.

That would be where most people, myself included, would draw the line. Issm may be correct that they are testing the waters though, the Halloween camos were all locked behind lootboxes and we could only earn a maximum of 5 in-game before we had to hit up the premium shop. 

Of course, that said, people who purchased halloween lootboxes en masse all seemed to receive a significantly higher dollar amount of items than what they paid. :Smile_amazed:

Grizley    1,281
5 minutes ago, issm said:

Here's the thing, that was just their first try with the system.

I'm sure everyone thought lootboxes were harmless when what, TF2? introduced them 10 years ago. Look at them now.

There are some crap loot box systems. Every Asian game, especially phone games, for instance. There are some where they're good, the Christmas boxes.