Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlazerSparta

Where the hell are my ARP voiceovers.

30 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
10,355 posts

Gone back to the ether where they belong....:Smile_teethhappy:

Personally I like not having to listen to little girls screaming warnings, when the picture is of a man, but as to why WG didn't give you a choice....who knows. :cap_hmm:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,640 posts
3,895 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Personally I like not having to listen to little girls screaming warnings, when the picture is of a man, but as to why WG didn't give you a choice....who knows. :cap_hmm:

"I have the ability to 100% turn it off and ignore it but the fact that other people enjoy different things than I do offends me."

11 minutes ago, issm said:

Title.

It's a known bug and doesn't affect everyone. Until WG fixes it, you have to mod them back in. It's rather easy to do.

• Cool 5

[RESP]
Beta Testers
893 posts
7,330 battles
18 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

It's a known bug and doesn't affect everyone. Until WG fixes it, you have to mod them back in. It's rather easy to do.

Can you show me how to mod them back in?

I'm fairly sure the sound files still exist somewhere in the client.

[TSPC]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,588 battles

I'll go record a mouse squeaking unintelligibly with some nails on a chalkboard in the background and play it on repeat. 

Same thing. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[RESP]
Beta Testers
893 posts
7,330 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Changed the portrait of all my captains to be anime girls.  Now they have men voices...

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
10,355 posts
1 minute ago, Stampz said:

Changed the portrait of all my captains to be anime girls.  Now they have men voices...

This is WG.....

Spend 1000's of hours on ship modeling, spend 2 minutes on the interface and game itself....:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
10,355 posts
22 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

"I have the ability to 100% turn it off and ignore it but the fact that other people enjoy different things than I do offends me."

Except we didn't have that option.....the arp voices would stick no matter what you did.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,019 posts
16,002 battles
33 minutes ago, issm said:

Title.

Here's how you can fix that:

• Go to your warbotes folder, locate the res folder
  • Go to banks
  • Delete (or move somewhere else) the folders "Languages" and "OfficialMods" (but leave the file mod.xml)
  • Restart your warbotes client.
  • Your animu grrls should be back
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,640 posts
3,895 battles
10 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Can you show me how to mod them back in?

I'm fairly sure the sound files still exist somewhere in the client.

Triela beat me to it.

2 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

• Go to banks
  • Delete (or move somewhere else) the folders "Languages" and "OfficialMods" (but leave the file mod.xml)

8 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I'll go record a mouse squeaking unintelligibly with some nails on a chalkboard in the background and play it on repeat. 

Same thing. :Smile_hiding:

Please grow up.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Except we didn't have that option.....the arp voices would stick no matter what you did.

ARP voices will be present if you're using an ARP captain. If you don't want to hear them, however, you can now switch any IJN captain into an ARP ship, and the voice-overs will be normal. Taadaa~ problem solved, you don't have to listen to little anime girls anymore.  

[WOLF7]
Members
10,355 posts
Just now, RivertheRoyal said:

ARP voices will be present if you're using an ARP captain. If you don't want to hear them, however, you can now switch any IJN captain into an ARP ship, and the voice-overs will be normal. Taadaa~ problem solved, you don't have to listen to little anime girls anymore.  

No.....Before this last patch, you could select the male captain, and you'd still get the arp voice....

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts
Just now, awiggin said:

No.....Before this last patch, you could select the male captain, and you'd still get the arp voice....

Before this last patch, you say? Is it fixed then? I've never had this issue, myself. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,640 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

And after the last patch, people who worked for over a year to earn ARP content have lost the content they earned.

If this was anything else that was even comparable, you'd be waving torches and pitchforks too.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,019 posts
16,002 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

that was then this is now 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,258 battles
44 minutes ago, issm said:

Title.

Wargaming broke them but are too stubborn to admit it. this is their answer to our previous complaints.

Yah they actually think on DAY ONE of a patch we are all using mods.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
10 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

• Go to banks

Didn't work.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,355 posts
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

And after the last patch, people who worked for over a year to earn ARP content have lost the content they earned.

If this was anything else that was even comparable, you'd be waving torches and pitchforks too.

Get over yourself and your need to push your personal agenda, and trying to pick a fight where there isn't one. I'm fine with them having options, I stated that clearly. What I objected too was being stuck with the voice even with the male character...now, I'm not.

If WG had a clue, the option would have worked correctly from the first iteration, and the male captains would have had proper voices from the beginning.

So don't cry to me about it, cry to WG......

Edited by awiggin

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,019 posts
16,002 battles
1 minute ago, issm said:

Didn't work.

do you have them activated on your carousal you know the little eye icon clicked? 

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
8 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

do you have them activated on your carousal you know the little eye icon clicked? 

Yeah.

Although, I've only tested it for the forced v/o for non-ARP captains, I'll check an actual ARP ship then get back.

Edit: Seems the ARP ships have their V/Os back, it's just missing on everything else now.

Edited by issm

[PSP]
Members
6,671 posts
9,721 battles
44 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I just recently learned how to mod those voices out, so I'm pleased that the new patch has them shut off by default, even if it is due to a file system error.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,640 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I just recently learned how to mod those voices out, so I'm pleased that the new patch has them shut off by default.

So when WG screws up and accidentally removes content that took you 12 months and multiple events to unlock, I'll expect you to not complain at all.

[PSP]
Members
6,671 posts
9,721 battles
6 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

So when WG screws up and accidentally removes content that took you 12 months and multiple events to unlock, I'll expect you to not complain at all.

I played through two of those ARP contests. Realistically, how many ARP skins have you seen recently? I've not seen one for months. In fact, I played my Takao with the blue skin to check on this exact upgrade bug and several people in the game commented that it was the first time they had seen an ARP skin in ages. A solution to this has been posted. If it's not in this thread I can search for it and repost it here.

Edit: Oh, it was you that posted it, never mind.   

Edited by Snargfargle

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,442 battles

Does this 'really' matter? Imho, no.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
893 posts
7,330 battles
3 minutes ago, aethervox said:

Does this 'really' matter? Imho, no.