Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

20 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,096 posts
8,466 battles

Regale us.

I had a couple public chat funnies:

ExV4wqt.jpg

F0EaIvA.jpg

Got last 2 SC from 4th set of Yamamoto missions. One was 100 Fireproof, the other 25 Hydra flags.

Izumo's a very underestimated BB, actually. Her main strength is sheer tankiness. At least 13 of my Izumo kills were such players that thought I'd be a scrub, but proved otherwise. Within 15km she's reasonably workable, but if there's ever a glaring weakness, it's just the MB accuracy; greatest troll of all. But happily grinded through her just for bragging rights.

K2koXGb.jpg

Herr_Reitz was following me. 3 sightings this time. Recorded the 2nd time, and 3rd he was a Yugumo on other team, but I never knew until he spoke in global chat.

6Qb39yR.jpg

Then this amusing match in Tirpitz:

82rJMRk.jpg

Led charge into B and took it, then charged w/ support at 2 BBs in A and sent them packing. 900 HP left after both tanking, and after using a heal, charged a Fiji w/ NC 5km behind him, but couldn't survive. Ah well!

Unlocked and purchased Tashkent too. Irritating thing is it seems need to buy range upgrade before AFT range bonus is applied, but my 500K+ FXP will cover that easy.

Got Detonated 2x in Maas this weekend. One made me another player's FB (first time Detonation actually irked me). Said "What the!" again later when a KGV got me and my div mate for a Double Strike.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,566 posts
13,172 battles

Got 2 SCs with 1k dubs each, that was fun.

The gameplay was very mediocre, my performance a bit subpar.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,385 battles

Despite a bad set of DD games last night (see here: 

...or the short version, playing DDs without any torp hits - or as I prefer to call it, playing DDs), I am on just a ridiculous winning streak over the last week which I don't want to jinx.  Oh wait, I probably just did.  In some of these games I was pretty good, but luck does swing both ways.

[OO7]
Members
2,115 posts
8,403 battles

I got Shimakaze and after ~10 games I don’t know how I’m ever supposed to go back to the Khabarovsk 

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Had some bad runs at tier 6, fired up WoT after 4 or 5 months off, ran into some old clannies and had a blast. Great weekend in WoT.

I guess now I have the best of both worlds. Bad in one, flip to other and vice versa.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Got a kraken in my stock Iowa, which was awesome, considering I've got 12 whole games in the boat now.

Most of the games I played in tier 7 ships were thrown into tier 9 games, and they faired pretty well. Wonder if that was a sign of growing higher tier play or a coincidence.

Members
1,472 posts
12,531 battles

Wanted something new (in the midst of a couple of tier 9 grinds - so takes awhile).    Used my free exp, doubloons to convert a bit more, and got the Nelson.  Fun ship, responsive, guns do some damage, and was happy with credit production.  With gun layout feels different then Warspite and Lion (also decided on this vs buying Hood).  Looks like good captain trainer.

[5IN]
Members
1,842 posts
8,566 battles

This weekend was meh.  Some good teams, some horribly bad teams.  I ended up buying Kagero after a wonderful time with Akatsuki (a keeper, IMHO).  The detection on Kagero is great...   Very fun to sneak around with the knowledge that I can outspot most other players.  Only 19 games in so far and I'm enjoying it, even with losses.  

b

[CUTER]
Members
3,777 posts
15,702 battles
35 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

I got Shimakaze and after ~10 games I don’t know how I’m ever supposed to go back to the Khabarovsk 

You may want to rename to FloodingAndTorpSpam :Smile_hiding:

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Regale us.

Well after four tries I completed 5 stars on Operation Raptor Rescue ,1st time I have done that Operation and I put the 10pt on my Cleveland. And on Friday (took Friday off for Veteran's Day Weekend) on Reymu's advice I did a Random Game, I used my HSF Graf Spee (my favorite ship). Helped sink a Tirpitz and a Scharnhorst, before a Myoko sank me, but the team I was on won! 

Members
1,592 posts
8,541 battles

sh1t the bed this weekend. potatoed hard in a few games, and not in a good way. stunk up CW too. Ugh... good news though, I am in love with my Hindy, higher avg dmg than my Monty, although much less games.

Edited by Kevs02Accord

[-K-]
Members
1,103 posts
7,590 battles

In prep for the USN Cruiser line split, I've been playing a few ships I haven't played in a long time.  Yesterday I focused on Atlanta and Baltimore, and had a blast in both.  

[RESP]
Beta Testers
893 posts
7,319 battles

Had some good games this weekend.  Finally got out of the low tiers on some ship lines I've been wanting to start.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,311 posts
25,963 battles

Had my worst weekend ever.  I'm a co-op main but play randoms every now and then if there is a good enough mission/campaign.  This weekend was one of those since I wanted the 2 port slots and 12500 Free XP for completing a mission.  Loss after loss after loss,etc etc.  There were at least 6 losses where I was #1 on my team in xp (I stopped counting after 6 because I started to get depressed, LOL).  There was even one loss where I finished #1 on my team and had more base XP than the #1 player on the opposing team.  I ended up completing the mission Saturday night though.  So it was back to co-op afterwards.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
893 posts
7,319 battles
1 minute ago, Patton5150 said:

Had my worst weekend ever.  I'm a co-op main but play randoms every now and then if there is a good enough mission/campaign.  This weekend was one of those since I wanted the 2 port slots and 12500 Free XP for completing a mission.  Loss after loss after loss,etc etc.  There were at least 6 losses where I was #1 on my team in xp (I stopped counting after 6 because I started to get depressed, LOL).  There was even one loss where I finished #1 on my team and had more base XP than the #1 player on the opposing team.  I ended up completing the mission Saturday night though.  So it was back to co-op afterwards.

I do the following to ensure my games are always enjoyable.

1. Assume Clicking Random Battle = Loss.

2. Your team will do everything possible to fail.

3. If you want to win, you'll have to drag your team kicking and screaming the entire way to victory.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Fun day yesterday with the Death Race.  Terrible night last night a) trying to grind through Caledon to Bellerephon.  (Clearly I don't understand how to use this ship.)  b) Grinding through Myogi to please, God, anything else. (Here I though Kawachi was bad...)  We won below but near the expected rate; I died and occupied the bottom slot in most of the battles. 

Bleh!

Maybe try it sober next time?

[SIM]
Members
2,652 posts
4,416 battles

Picked up the Kidd despite my own misgivings, and had most of those misgivings justified by the ship itself. Otherwise, I finally got my Anshan captain to 10 points. I was going to do the same with my Blys captain, but I can’t stand playing that thing for more than a game or two, so I gave up on it. It wasn’t a bad weekend, though Kidd is going to ruin my already sketchy WTR.

[OO7]
Members
2,115 posts
8,403 battles
4 hours ago, m373x said:

You may want to rename to FloodingAndTorpSpam :Smile_hiding:

I would if I had the money to buy the gold. I’d also buy Shimmy’s Permanent camo as well but im poor so RIP

[-K-]
Members
652 posts
5,318 battles

another good weekend. Lots of strong wins. Highlight was earning treo double strikes in two different games with the Gallant.

Thanks to those enemy DDs that stay in smoke fore to stern to both eat all those torps... it was funnier as they were both in div.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,351 posts

I think I only played Saturday.   If I did play on Friday, I don't remember anything about it...  Sun I definitely did not play.

Saturday was pretty fun- I just ground New Orleans.  Had some good games, and added another few thou to the xp total.

Sign in to follow this