You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AllysaRockz

Seriously, MM?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,462 battles

Why? I'm mad because not only did I die, but the game gave the enemy team not one, not two, but THREE destroyers. Tier EIGHT destroyers. What did we have? Myself in the Mahan, and an Akatsuki. Those are Tier SEVEN destroyers. :Smile_facepalm: Either the game wanted to make this as one sided as possible, or it thought that our team was too strong to be fairly equally tiered. IDK. Help me figure this out lol. :Smile_amazed:  Here's the screenshot, maybe there's something I'm not getting here.

kmS88ul.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,212 battles
9 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

Why? I'm mad because not only did I die, but the game gave the enemy team not one, not two, but THREE destroyers. Tier EIGHT destroyers. What did we have? Myself in the Mahan, and an Akatsuki. Those are Tier SEVEN destroyers. :Smile_facepalm: Either the game wanted to make this as one sided as possible, or it thought that our team was too strong to be fairly equally tiered. IDK. Help me figure this out lol. :Smile_amazed:  Here's the screenshot, maybe there's something I'm not getting here.

Your not man its been like that all day today I am equally mad!!!:Smile_izmena:

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,552 posts
13,985 battles

Opposite of the Dark Side said that you had won the game despite your complain. So what give?

Wait it could be a RANT if the game is a lost ...

cheer up and game on!

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,552 posts
13,985 battles
Just now, Bill_Halsey said:

a match where it was all BB's vs all DD's.

evidences pls or it never happen

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,462 battles

Omg... I swear that this game hates me. Do I need to like, invest some money into it so it will be nice to me again? This game just happened...

eRMsDXg.jpg

Looks pretty good, right? Wrong! The first thing that happened to me, was spotting an Atlanta, and then getting stealth torped. I was hit by a torp from their T7 DD... and I hadn't been spotted yet, no radar, no sonar, no radar location. Just a perfect, blind torpedo. :etc_swear: Here, observe:

0vEXB4v.jpg

This game literally hates me.

6 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Opposite of the Dark Side said that you had won the game despite your complain. So what give?

Wait it could be a RANT if the game is a lost ...

cheer up and game on!

It's hard to explain but just because I'm winning games doesn't mean I'm having fun... If I'm not doing well then what is the point of winning? I don't wanna be carried around by other players like I'm some sort of burden... IDK, think I've had enough boats for tonight anyhow.

[INTEL]
Members
11,696 posts
32,727 battles
15 hours ago, AllysaRockz said:

It's hard to explain but just because I'm winning games doesn't mean I'm having fun... If I'm not doing well then what is the point of winning? I don't wanna be carried around by other players like I'm some sort of burden... IDK, think I've had enough boats for tonight anyhow.

Is this some sort of weird attempt at ironic trolling?

Those are solid games, well played.

[O_O]
Members
5,940 posts
13,721 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Equally confused. :Smile_sceptic:

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,462 battles
29 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Those are solid games, well played.

First off, thank you! Second off... I can see where you're coming from, but again... just because the game looks good doesn't mean it was good. It's really hard for me to show you from my perspective what I was thinking when I was playing the first battle, even more so the second one. To give you an idea, I was instantly annoyed from start to finish for the first battle, mostly because I felt helpless having been uptiered and given nothing but T8 DD opponents. The second battle, I was literally on a fresh start, and I wasn't even thinking about that first battle. I was gonna go scout for my team and figure out where the enemy DDs were, since I'm top tier now, but of course, I get slapped by some random torpedo salvo of which I wouldn't have had any warning or knowledge of. Maybe it was for a friendly behind me, but I was a good 4-5km from any nearby friendlies. My salt, is real.

21 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

We are not amused.  :cap_cool:

Don't know what to tell you, then. You can't tell me you've had games like these where the results were good, but the actual gameplay you experienced was awful.

This is actually really hard to explain. :Smile_facepalm:

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles
1 hour ago, AllysaRockz said:

kmS88ul.png

MoarSalt.gif

Both of those were solid, well played DD games. Being bottom tier isn’t a death sentence, and even if you’re bottom tier you can still make a difference. Even more so just being middle tier. When I was playing through the Kagero I was actually excited to be bottom tier, because not only do I get more XP and credits for damaging higher tier ships, when the tier Xs on your team are thanking you for the carrying you did that match it makes it all the more satisfying 

Edited by FireAndHEspam

[INTEL]
Members
11,696 posts
32,727 battles
15 hours ago, AllysaRockz said:

Don't know what to tell you, then. You can't tell me you've had games like these where the results were good, but the actual gameplay you experienced was awful.

This is actually really hard to explain. :Smile_facepalm:

Once you get above T7, almost all the gameplay is poor, especially on weekends. Many solutions have been proposed, but none really work. Occasionally one gets into tough games decided in the final moments (two excellent ones yesterday like that, one clinched through the power of Tirpitz, the other lost in a sudden collapse in the last minute).

Because of RNG, map design, and WG's decision to scale offensive power faster than defensive, as well as the increasing presence of radar and the omnipresence of smoke, high tier matches are trials for DD players and the gameplay is bad for almost all players. Almost all matches are collapses or games which are never in doubt. 

If you want fun gameplay in a DD, I suggest you get one of the -kazes or Clemson. WG has wrecked the tier system, so fun tiers do not exist about T5.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,462 battles
32 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Both of those were solid, well played DD games. Being bottom tier isn’t a death sentence, and even if you’re bottom tier you can still make a difference. Even more so just being middle tier. When I was playing through the Kagero I was actually excited to be bottom tier, because not only do I get more XP and credits for damaging higher tier ships, when the tier Xs on your team are thanking you for the carrying you did that match it makes it all the more satisfying 

Well, I appreciate the words, but your not really grasping my point... well, I honestly couldn't tell you what my point is at this point. (ha) Though I think I have a good idea...

I wasn't annoyed about being uptiered. I know the benefits of fighting opponents of a higher tier. :Smile_Default: I was annoyed about the fact that I feel helpless against higher tier DDs, especially the Americans and Japanese because like other T8 boats, they can mount that concealment module, which not only makes it that they'll always see me first, but I'm also less accurate than them since they get that silly enemy accuracy debuff to go with their concealment. My team only had us two T7 DDs, and because we're literally fighting only T8 DDs, it doesn't even seem like something the MM would ever do normally... which is why I was annoyed to begin with. Why did the MM throw me and one T7 DD against three T8 DDs? I'll probably never know tbh. :Smile_sceptic:

Because of RNG, map design, and WG's decision to scale offensive power faster than defensive

Y'know, speaking of map design... North. The D cap. Why is there even a cap there, first off? Because if you go to the D cap, you're basically saying that you're going to go sail around the edge of the map for 10 minutes just to get a flank on the enemy. If you're in a slower BB, anything slower than 25 knots, for example... you're basically saying that you don't wanna fight anything. :Smile_teethhappy: I hate that cap. That little gap that connects it to C is like the hardest choke point to ever choke anything... since anyone camping behind the mountain at B & C can just rain death on you as you push out. Whai... is it a thing!?

Edited by AllysaRockz
Map Design Quote

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles
6 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

Well, I appreciate the words, but your not really grasping my point... well, I honestly couldn't tell you what my point is at this point. (ha) Though I think I have a good idea...

I wasn't annoyed about being uptiered. I know the benefits of fighting opponents of a higher tier. :Smile_Default: I was annoyed about the fact that I feel helpless against higher tier DDs, especially the Americans and Japanese because like other T8 boats, they can mount that concealment module, which not only makes it that they'll always see me first, but I'm also less accurate than them since they get that silly enemy accuracy debuff to go with their concealment. My team only had us two T7 DDs, and because we're literally fighting only T8 DDs, it doesn't even seem like something the MM would ever do normally... which is why I was annoyed to begin with. Why did the MM throw me and one T7 DD against three T8 DDs? I'll probably never know tbh. :Smile_sceptic:

Fighting enemies that have advantages like that is tough, yes, but not impossible. Try being the lone Kagero that has to somehow win the game by gunfighting a Gearing. In this case the Gearing had access to certain things that you don’t, and ultimately fights like that can be decided on player skill. Being a DD main myself, having ~74% of my total games being in DDs, if you’re having trouble with any part of playing them then I’m always more then willing to help you out with whatever you need. Mitigating Radar, fighting higher tiers, effective torpedo spreads, winning gunfights. But at any rate, you should never feel helpless. Ever. If you aren’t confident in yourself it will reflect in your gameplay. Even when the odds seem stacked against you when you come out on top it always mekes it all the more impressive 

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,462 battles
6 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Fighting enemies that have advantages like that is tough, yes, but not impossible. Try being the lone Kagero that has to somehow win the game by gunfighting a Gearing. In this case the Gearing had access to certain things that you don’t, and ultimately fights like that can be decided on player skill. Being a DD main myself, having ~74% of my total games being in DDs, if you’re having trouble with any part of playing them then I’m always more then willing to help you out with whatever you need. Mitigating Radar, fighting higher tiers, effective torpedo spreads, winning gunfights. But at any rate, you should never feel helpless. Ever. If you aren’t confident in yourself it will reflect in your gameplay. Even when the odds seem stacked against you when you come out on top it always mekes it all the more impressive 

I'll take your advice, considering most of your battles are in destroyers and you even have a giant guide for this kind of stuff that I just had a quick look over. It's not that I'm not confident in myself; I don't think so anyway. I'm just not that confident with the boat I'm playing, in this case, the Mahan. Maybe I'm still reeling from the fact that I can't stealth fire (which made me absurdly good in the Farragut, lol, stealth firing was OP and broken) :Smile_teethhappy:  

I just liked the Farragut more than I liked the Mahan. There's no doubt that the Mahan is the better boat with the torpedoes it comes with due to their range, and the faster firing guns, but as a T7, it just feels underwhelming when I go up and fight against any DDs in T8 or higher. In the Farragut, I rarely ever fought T8s. So I didn't have to put up with their advantages.

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles
2 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

I'll take your advice, considering most of your battles are in destroyers and you even have a giant guide for this kind of stuff that I just had a quick look over. It's not that I'm not confident in myself; I don't think so anyway. I'm just not that confident with the boat I'm playing, in this case, the Mahan. Maybe I'm still reeling from the fact that I can't stealth fire (which made me absurdly good in the Farragut, lol, stealth firing was OP and broken) :Smile_teethhappy:  

I just liked the Farragut more than I liked the Mahan. There's no doubt that the Mahan is the better boat with the torpedoes it comes with due to their range, and the faster firing guns, but as a T7, it just feels underwhelming when I go up and fight against any DDs in T8 or higher. In the Farragut, I rarely ever fought T8s. So I didn't have to put up with their advantages.

That guide I wrote up a pretty long time ago and I should probably get around to updating it sometime in the near future, but that’s a job for another day. As for your issues, while I do agree that fighting something like a Benson in a Mahan is troubesome, there are always things you can do to mitigate their advantages. Stick together and work with other friendly DDs and CAs. Try to limit the amount of gunpower they can bring to bear against you, even temporarily, by throwing out a slew of metal fish. Kite away from the enemy so they sail right into your shells and you’re sailing directly away from theirs. Should they choose to chase you, lead them to the map corner. They’ll be left way out of position. Should they choose to give up you can disengage and reposition