You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

10 citadel hits

12 comments in this topic

[DONUT]
Members
426 posts
5,866 battles

One of the missions is to get 10 citadel hits.  I rarely try for citadels.  I use HE most of the time and burn ships. 

For this mission I used the Phoenix and Omaha firing AP.  1 citadel against a CV, 1 against a BB and 8 against CL.  Both ships have a high rate of fire which allows you more chances for hits and citadel hits.  They are both fast and maneuver well.  Most of the cits came in the 8-12km range. 

Icy

[WOLF5]
Members
1,676 posts
2,358 battles

It's easier at high tier. Des Memes, Minotaur, Moskva, Hindy. go broadside to those and the only limit to citadels is how fast the target runs out of HP.

[POP]
Members
1,264 posts
8,696 battles

I just used a New Mexico. Got them all in one match against T5 cruisers. 

Although I have citadeled a Kuma with an Isokaze firing HE... at less than 2km. 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,503 battles

I just used whatever I felt like using and got my citadels in short order.

Also aim for low tier British CLs. Those poor things get citadelled if someone coughs in the same country. Even with destroyer caliber HE it's not hard to citadel them.

Edited by warpath_33

[WOLF5]
Members
1,676 posts
2,358 battles
2 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Although I have citadeled a Kuma with an Isokaze firing HE... at less than 2km. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

On the PTS, I have citadeled minotaurs with conqueror HE (not IFHE). That's when I decided it was OP.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
11 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's easier at high tier. Des Memes, Minotaur, Moskva, Hindy. go broadside to those and the only limit to citadels is how fast the target runs out of HP.

A mino that goes broadside to a Hindy at less than 8km... 2 salvo's max to kill it

[WOLF1]
Members
127 posts
33,988 battles
47 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's easier at high tier

Hmmm...I wonder. I got at least half of mine with British BB's shooting HE at Tier 4-5 cruisers.  

[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,242 battles

I Citadel Langley's and Bogues with Destroyer guns and low tier British CL's with Destroyer also

[STAR]
Members
2,734 posts
8,003 battles

With any BB its easy to get 10 cits. Cruisers vs cruiser its also easy, many players underestimate cruiser AP and only spam HE, bu cruiser AP is really good against broadsided cruisers and BBs. 

[ASHIP]
Members
610 posts
5,546 battles

I got insane number of citadels with the Danae. Maybe I just had a lot of luck; I only played a couple battles in her. Overall, if you're going for a large number of citadels, it's rapid firing cruisers with a focus on AP that you want. So, RN and higher tier USN CA/CLs. Then, just island camp until you find the legendary trove of broadside cruisers that everyone is looking for.

*Edited for spelling.

Edited by senseNOTmade

[DONUT]
Members
426 posts
5,866 battles

I normally play T4-6.  I play for fun.  I have only played high tier in PT.  I think it was the Minotaur that had such a high rate of fire I had to massage my trigger finger.   lol