You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

Leave and rejoin?

10 comments in this topic

[DONUT]
Members
424 posts
5,824 battles

I started a small clan so I didn't lose my oil benefits.  The clan is myself and 2 part time players. 

I want to participate in clan battles for the rewards, not to be ultra competitive.  Can I leave my current clan, join a big clan and then rejoin my small clan? 

Icy

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
262 posts
4,917 battles

you can, but each time you rejoin you'll be starting over at 0 oil that counts toward benefits -

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

Next day you decide to make your friend the new Clan leader and leave the Clan. What happens?

1. The Clan will still have 50 Oil in its wallet (or a building, if you already bought the boathouse).
  2. The Clan will still have 50 XP and will be working towards level 2.
  3. Your progress (which was 20) will be reset, so if you join back you will have to earn Oil again to gain access to bonuses.
  4. Your personal wallet, though not visible, will remain intact with the 20 Oil you’ve earned.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,079 posts
12,023 battles

Theoretically you can.  There is a delay from leaving a clan before you can enter another, but it's like a day tops.

If you could find a competitive clan that would accept you temporarily and trust someone to then return command of your personal clan back too you.

[GWG]
Members
1,574 posts
7,841 battles

From Port, click on your clan tab..Then click on your Clan Tag & Name.... Select "Leave Clan"... Done.

LeaveClan1.jpg

LeaveClan2.jpg

LeaveClan3.jpg

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,440 battles

It would be better, imho, if small clans or clans with not enough tier 10 ship capable players to enter Clan Battles could somehow join together without having to disband.

The idea of 'mercenaries' has already been suggested as a partial solution. Is there enough of a population in clans that cannot yet field a  proper 7 player roster?

I know my clan does not have 7 players who all have a T10 ship (or even a T 8 basic entry requirement for a T 10 rental).

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,386 posts
11,056 battles

Bouncing from Clan.... to clan.... to clan (i.e. "Clan Hopping") tends to be rather frowned upon by most clan leaders as it demonstrates a certain level of instability and unreliability,  Not a very good character trait for a gamer to have when trying to find a steady, permanent clan home.  Clans can not trust them to stay and can not rely on them to be dedicated members.... so why accept them.

• Cool 1

[90THB]
[90THB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
226 posts
7,620 battles
On 11/13/2017 at 9:02 PM, Nocona said:

Bouncing from Clan.... to clan.... to clan (i.e. "Clan Hopping") tends to be rather frowned upon by most clan leaders as it demonstrates a certain level of instability and unreliability,  Not a very good character trait for a gamer to have when trying to find a steady, permanent clan home.  Clans can not trust them to stay and can not rely on them to be dedicated members.... so why accept them.

^^ THIS.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,551 posts
25,585 battles
On 11/13/2017 at 9:02 PM, Nocona said:

There are clans offering bounties for transfers with perceived skills. What kind of loyalty/culture do you think this will promote?

[V_KNG]
Members
560 posts
9,118 battles
On 11/13/2017 at 3:49 PM, aethervox said:

It would be better, imho, if small clans or clans with not enough tier 10 ship capable players to enter Clan Battles could somehow join together without having to disband.

The idea of 'mercenaries' has already been suggested as a partial solution. Is there enough of a population in clans that cannot yet field a  proper 7 player roster?

I know my clan does not have 7 players who all have a T10 ship (or even a T 8 basic entry requirement for a T 10 rental).

It would be nice to have Clan alliances in which 2 clans could field 1 team. They could limit how many alliances a clan can have but it would allow 2 clans to be able to field a team between the pair. With Alliances it would keep the theory of Clan Battles without all of the small clans disbanding and making one larger one.