You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PicknChew

Is it time to sell this ship now ?

25 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,723 posts
19,223 battles

...  what ship?  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,581 posts
12,572 battles

Gonna take a wild guess and say Mikasa :cap_haloween:

EDIT: Oh wait, it says Torps.

Edited by pikohan

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
5 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

...  what ship?  

silly me, cut the name out ! I edited the post.

It is the Benson !

[PHASE]
Members
5,782 posts
18,778 battles
15 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

Well, here I am, thinking about selling my Benson

Benson.thumb.jpg.52e082f04f097f16dd2002bb7c55e7bb.jpg

3500 battles in one ship? Am I reading that right?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

if you can't break 60% WR after 3500matches in a given ship, definitely Sell it and try another ship :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

So is this just an excuse to show how much you have played a single ship?

not quite.

I am actually really thinking of selling it, and obviously it has to be my favorite ship, or at least has been. But since 6.3.0, the current MM that gets you to play 2/3 or 3/4 games at T10, the profusion of radars and extended Hydro, it has lost a lot of its fun factor tbh

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
10 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

not quite.

I am actually really thinking of selling it, and obviously it has to be my favorite ship, or at least has been. But since 6.3.0, the current MM that gets you to play 2/3 or 3/4 games at T10, the profusion of radars and extended Hydro, it has lost a lot of its fun factor tbh

so it's not the seal clubber it used to be?

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
3 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

She's got a few miles left on her.

But given that T8 = T10, I'd say it's time to give the Fletcher some love....

I'd rather be in a Benson than a Fletch any day

Edited by PicknChew

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,478 battles

Well I still have the KV2 in my garage in WOT and I'm never going to sell that thing, it's too much fun. :Smile_teethhappy:

7 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

But since 6.3.0, the current MM that gets you to play 2/3 or 3/4 games at T10, the profusion of radars and extended Hydro, it has lost a lot of its fun factor tbh

Then again, if you're not having much fun with it then it's entirely up to you if you wanna sell it. Do you need the space for a new boat? If not, just ask yourself, 'do you need the credits'? If you answered no to both of those, then honestly I would personally just keep the boat. If you did enjoy playing it, maybe you'll enjoy playing it again at some point. :Smile_Default: You already have the T10 unlocked, so I can't see why you'd wanna sell it if not for space.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,750 posts
16,720 battles

If a shift in MM causes you to want to sell a ship, it was never really the ship you loved but the enemies you could club with it.

• Cool 1

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

so it's not the seal clubber it used to be?

Benson, seal clubber ?

it always has been, pretty much, at both the bottom of damage and XP !

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,723 posts
19,223 battles

As a rule, I no longer sell ships unless I need the port slot.  If I do need the port slot, I begin by selling the lowest tier ship and working my way back up.  This is because it's the cheapest to buy back as opposed to rebuying a tier 8/9 ship...

[LOU1]
Members
4,059 posts
11,276 battles

May want to use it if Ranked is tier 8.  Unless you need the silver or port slot, she could take a break as a port queen.  Her crew probably could use the rest and the shipyard may want to check her out after the long deployment; that is a lot of battles.

Supertester
210 posts
24,675 battles

I think I fought against you in my Fletcher about a week ago. You played really well and did more damage to me than I did to you.

Fletcher can do everything Benson can do but better - it's a straight upgrade. You don't like it?

[O_O]
Members
5,980 posts
13,796 battles

I love Benson.  There is just something about that ship that not even Fletcher has been able to replace.  So, I still have her.  I haven't played THIRTY-FIVE freakin' HUNDRED games in her, though.  Dayum, son. :cap_wander_2:

Edited by desmo_2

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
43 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

As a rule, I no longer sell ships unless I need the port slot.  If I do need the port slot, I begin by selling the lowest tier ship and working my way back up.  This is because it's the cheapest to buy back as opposed to rebuying a tier 8/9 ship...

that is indeed a very good point

20 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Her crew probably could use the rest and the shipyard may want to check her out after the long deployment

:Smile_great:

20 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

May want to use it if Ranked is tier 8.  Unless you need the silver or port slot, she could take a break as a port queen.  Her crew probably could use the rest and the shipyard may want to check her out after the long deployment; that is a lot of battles.

that is also a very good point. This actually skipped my mind. Just wondering if the German T8 is not better now though. Thanks though.

7 minutes ago, BoraHorzaGobuchul said:

I think I fought against you in my Fletcher about a week ago. You played really well and did more damage to me than I did to you.

Fletcher can do everything Benson can do but better - it's a straight upgrade. You don't like it?

I did not do too well when I had the Fletch because I had a new captain, 0 point and stock hull. But I found that the Fletch was as clumsy as the gearing. I always fancy my chances against a Fletcher because of the agility of the Benson. That's really what I like about that ship. But, I might try the Fletch again, good point.

Members
4,262 posts
16,517 battles

You've obviously been doing pretty damn good with Benson, why sell her? Keep her. if you sell her you might regret it.

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
11,956 battles
4 hours ago, PicknChew said:

I'd rather be in a Benson than a Fletch any day

That's odd.

[CUTE]
Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
3 hours ago, PicknChew said:

that is indeed a very good point

:Smile_great:

that is also a very good point. This actually skipped my mind. Just wondering if the German T8 is not better now though. Thanks though.

I did not do too well when I had the Fletch because I had a new captain, 0 point and stock hull. But I found that the Fletch was as clumsy as the gearing. I always fancy my chances against a Fletcher because of the agility of the Benson. That's really what I like about that ship. But, I might try the Fletch again, good point.

The upgraded Fletcher is definitely not a foe to take lightly.  Built right it can get just over 20k hp.  fast stealthy torps, great AA and it is far more maneuverable than the gearing IMO.