You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Random vs Coop Earnings

15 comments in this topic

Members
3,579 posts
7,011 battles

Has some purple player ever tested out total credit and exp earnings over say 2 hours for each battle option? Of course random is radically higher, but with a max wait of 30 seconds for coop a good player playing select ships there could perhaps close the gap more than one would imagine. Just curious.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,291 posts
9,598 battles
1 minute ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Randoms still net much much more.

This but over an extended playing period co-op will often come close to or even exceed Randoms in total experience earned.

Members
3,579 posts
7,011 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

This but over an extended playing period co-op will often come close to or even exceed Randoms in total experience earned.

ah ha.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,291 posts
9,598 battles
1 minute ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

ah ha.

Co-op battles end so quickly that you can get two or three matches in during the time a random match takes.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,286 posts
8,995 battles

I did a calculation some time ago between XP earnings over time in PvE vs PVP:

I haven't looked at credit income, but my gut feeling is that maybe you can do better in PvE at mid tier, but definitely not high or low tier.

• Cool 1

Members
3,579 posts
7,011 battles
53 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I did a calculation some time ago between XP earnings over time in PvE vs PVP

I knew someone had to have gone into this in depth and that person seems to be you. Well done and thanks.

[CUTER]
Members
3,777 posts
15,741 battles

I usually take my 3 daily containers in 4 to 6 battles which takes 60 to 100 minutes in PvP. Something is telling me that this is not going to happen that fast in co-op.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles

Actually the credits in low tier play in PvE are not bad, neither is the xp (compared to other PvE play). On a whim, took my new Yamamoto captain and plopped him in the tier 1 IJN ship since that is what he is trained for. Put on a Valentine's camo, no signals, and played a co-op match. Did pretty well, earned around 40k in credits and 1500 in captain xp. For a low tier PvE game that is pretty good xp. I also run premium time so your experience may differ. I have lots of premium ships, play lots of low tier PvE games and if you just farm the first win bonuses, you can do really well. A plus for co-op players is you never really have to run premium consumables and you can do pretty well without signals as well so your expenses are low. 

The pay and xp is much lower in PvE play so if you do well in PvP it is best to keep playing there but if you just want to have fun and blast stuff, PvE fills that niche. IMHO the only way to profit in PvE play is to farm the first win bonuses and run premium time to maximize earnings. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,763 posts
7,689 battles
8 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Has some purple player ever tested out total credit and exp earnings over say 2 hours for each battle option? Of course random is radically higher, but with a max wait of 30 seconds for coop a good player playing select ships there could perhaps close the gap more than one would imagine. Just curious.

Did 7 games last week in Co-op tier 1 to Depink, took 21 minutes...mostly :Botts: both teams ...total XP earned was about 3000 with all wins

Members
3,579 posts
7,011 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Actually the credits in low tier play in PvE are not bad, neither is the xp (compared to other PvE play). On a whim, took my new Yamamoto captain and plopped him in the tier 1 IJN ship since that is what he is trained for. Put on a Valentine's camo, no signals, and played a co-op match. Did pretty well, earned around 40k in credits and 1500 in captain xp. For a low tier PvE game that is pretty good xp. I also run premium time so your experience may differ. I have lots of premium ships, play lots of low tier PvE games and if you just farm the first win bonuses, you can do really well. A plus for co-op players is you never really have to run premium consumables and you can do pretty well without signals as well so your expenses are low. 

The pay and xp is much lower in PvE play so if you do well in PvP it is best to keep playing there but if you just want to have fun and blast stuff, PvE fills that niche. IMHO the only way to profit in PvE play is to farm the first win bonuses and run premium time to maximize earnings. 

That's quite interesting thanks.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,963 posts
18,841 battles
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

A long time ago someone did an experiment to see if you could come close to PvP earnings in PvE. The advantage to PvE play is you can get approx 3 games in co-op for each PvP match and you almost always win and the numbers were not horrible, still less in PvE play, but not terribly so. They did this with the same ship for all the matches to get raw numbers so it does not take into account first win bonus or the like. It is why I like premium ships to grind the bonus and move on to another ship. Playing this way mostly in PvE, have gotten tier 9 ships in USN DDs and BBs as well as up to at least tier 5 in every nation and every class of every nation's ships, many are up to tier 8. I stopped grinding ship lines though and started focusing on grinding captains instead. It can be a slog in co-op play, you just have to play smarter and harder to get anywhere. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,110 posts
9,912 battles
7 hours ago, _RoyalPain_ said:

Randoms will always be higher and faster

Higher yes, faster no. Since I am bad@cv I ground out both lines all the way to 10s in CO-OP. The battles are much faster mostly due to sui-bots.