You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BJCleage

Clan Battles

22 comments in this topic

[POW-M]
Members
94 posts
8,243 battles

Why cant we have Clan Battles after the Clan 1 Season and jest for fun with other clans in between seasons. Many of us would rather do this then Random battles

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,586 posts
10,041 battles

Make it a 2-sided Co-Op mission with 7 clan players each.  Have it just one step up from a Training Room.  You get Co-Op rewards.

No restrictions on tiers, no stats, and nothing but fun.  We'll have Umikaze's sinking Yamato's again.  Bring whatever you feel comfortable playing.

Match-Maker == first come -> snag the next team in queue.

Who knows, we may have 7 Atlanta's versus 7 Midways.  I can even envision the same clan sync-dropping 14 players in two 7 ship groups..  Hey..  Works.

It's about having fun.

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
26 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Make it a 2-sided Co-Op mission with 7 clan players each.  Have it just one step up from a Training Room.  You get Co-Op rewards.

No restrictions on tiers, no stats, and nothing but fun.  We'll have Umikaze's sinking Yamato's again.  Bring whatever you feel comfortable playing.

Match-Maker == first come -> snag the next team in queue.

Who knows, we may have 7 Atlanta's versus 7 Midways.  I can even envision the same clan sync-dropping 14 players in two 7 ship groups..  Hey..  Works.

It's about having fun.

problem with this is that players cannot stat pad in that format

[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,583 battles

You can, just enable the training room, either via mods or editing the file. The maps are there, and as long as each clan follows their set rules, you can do clan battles!

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,321 posts
8,138 battles
5 minutes ago, RogueFlameHaze said:

You can, just enable the training room, either via mods or editing the file. The maps are there, and as long as each clan follows their set rules, you can do clan battles!

^This, use training room. It is pretty easy to set up and costs nothing.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,328 posts
11,850 battles
34 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

^This, use training room. It is pretty easy to set up and costs nothing.

This.  It's also how people re-enact historical battles.  We did Midway back in CBT.  I'm actually surprised I have not yet heard of someone re-doing Denmark Strait with Hood + KGV vs Bismarck and Prinz Eugen.

[SALVO]
Members
17,700 posts
18,486 battles
2 hours ago, BJCleage said:

Why cant we have Clan Battles after the Clan 1 Season and jest for fun with other clans in between seasons. Many of us would rather do this then Random battles

I thought that jesting was always for fun.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
17,700 posts
18,486 battles
2 hours ago, PicknChew said:

because Team battles interested no one

The problem with team battles is that it was flawed, not that the underlying concept was bad.  Their mistake was in linking it to a ranking system.  Team battles would be much better as an ongoing mode if there were no ranking structure assigned to it, i.e. it wasn't a competition other than each individual battle itself.  Another thing that could be done is in a clan format, MM could use the clan's current rank from the current or past season to try to match up clans of similar talent levels.  (And unranked clans would have the lowest rank, of course.)

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The problem with team battles is that it was flawed, not that the underlying concept was bad.  Their mistake was in linking it to a ranking system.  Team battles would be much better as an ongoing mode if there were no ranking structure assigned to it, i.e. it wasn't a competition other than each individual battle itself.  Another thing that could be done is in a clan format, MM could use the clan's current rank from the current or past season to try to match up clans of similar talent levels.  (And unranked clans would have the lowest rank, of course.)

Doubt it. Strong teams would go through everyone else with ease and people would quit.

The OP was asking for Clan battles outside the season

[SALVO]
Members
17,700 posts
18,486 battles
1 minute ago, PicknChew said:

Doubt it. Strong teams would go through everyone else with ease and people would quit.

The OP was asking for Clan battles outside the season

Clan battles are just team battles between clans.  The maps may change with the tiers, but the concept remains the same.

As for strong teams, people kept playing tank companies in WoT for a long time.  Maybe still do for all I know.

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,847 battles
2 hours ago, PicknChew said:

because Team battles interested no one

It was Tier 6, and clans weren't remotely close to being in the game yet. Team Battles has very little to do with where WoWs is at now...

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Clan battles are just team battles between clans.  The maps may change with the tiers, but the concept remains the same.

not enough people for that. You would need the same format at a fixed tier for it to have a chance.

hence why I don't see it.

CBs were mostly a fail in term of participation from the last I saw.

[SALVO]
Members
17,700 posts
18,486 battles
20 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

not enough people for that. You would need the same format at a fixed tier for it to have a chance.

hence why I don't see it.

CBs were mostly a fail in term of participation from the last I saw.

"were"?  They're still on going.  And it depends on what you call a "fail".  I know that we don't have any trouble finding clan battles nearly instantly.

What makes you claim that they're "mostly a fail", and why? 

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

there was a thread giving the participation numbers, and it was rather low.

Most people not in Clans, most clans unable to participate.

So trying to have a similar format outside the season would seem rather difficult

[POW-M]
Members
94 posts
8,243 battles
1 minute ago, PicknChew said:

there was a thread giving the participation numbers, and it was rather low.

Most people not in Clans, most clans unable to participate.

So trying to have a similar format outside the season would seem rather difficult

I think you need to take a look at all the people with name tags, There a heck of a lot as i see it. or am i missing something here?

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
Just now, BJCleage said:

I think you need to take a look at all the people with name tags, There a heck of a lot as i see it. or am i missing something here?

yup, and most do not have a clan it seems.

Now do not forget that there are many few members clans. for oil collection as well.

[TIRP]
Members
1 post
2,328 battles

I think that's a great idea. The reason no one did team battles was because the clans didn't have a reason to do it. In between seasons is a great way to practice while it doesn't count, so it has way more incentive than team battles ever did.

[TIRP]
[TIRP]
Members
21 posts
5,729 battles

yes let us have this time to practice on here for clan battles even after the season is over, but this time put at least 2 battle ships on the water and take a Ca and a dd out of it so there is room, jus with over a hundred torps on the water  maybe even add a CV  this time,  that would be fun, less torps more   guns.

coollogo_com-22746239.png

Edited by digbyicehammer
wrong