You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

The extra reward of satisfaction that comes from earning it...

22 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,800 battles
Spoiler

JU475Cb.jpg

Was at 660k free xp earlier today before clan wars and apparently got a surprising 100k free xp from a mission somewhere which landed the 750k needed for the Missouri.  Not sure how many people did the grind 100% without converting a single point and how they felt when they reached it, but I can tell you the "fun" factor of setting that goal and crossing that finish line is one of the highest I've experienced in the game.  If I had to guess, it took about 4 months.  Clan wars really helped accelerate the last 100-200k.

This is something I should have focused on a long time ago.  The best advice I can give from an efficiency standpoint is don't do what I did.  Get that Missouri first and use it to farm credits / free xp at a much faster rate to fuel spending on the rest of your ships.  For the past two years I've been in a constant state of being broke on credits / free xp because I level wide (multiple ship lines at once).

Off to play with the new toy...

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
6 minutes ago, VGLance said:
  Reveal hidden contents

JU475Cb.jpg

Was at 660k free xp earlier today before clan wars and apparently got a surprising 100k free xp from a mission somewhere which landed the 750k needed for the Missouri.  Not sure how many people did the grind 100% without converting a single point and how they felt when they reached it, but I can tell you the "fun" factor of setting that goal and crossing that finish line is one of the highest I've experienced in the game.  If I had to guess, it took about 4 months.  Clan wars really helped accelerate the last 100-200k.

This is something I should have focused on a long time ago.  The best advice I can give from an efficiency standpoint is don't do what I did.  Get that Missouri first and use it to farm credits / free xp at a much faster rate to fuel spending on the rest of your ships.  For the past two years I've been in a constant state of being broke on credits / free xp because I level wide (multiple ship lines at once).

Very nice.

I earnt mine all the way - got to it about two days ago. :)

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,749 battles

I got mine a couple weeks ago .... it prints credits practically REGARDLESS  of a win or loss.... least amount I made was 424K in a loss... I actually made more than  a Few battles in which we won...
It is DEADLY accurate and the AAA is friggin amazing...

the radar... the guns.....this ship is quite simply AWESOME

congrats

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

Welcome to the USS Missouri club. I'm one of those who earned the Show Me the Money the hard way without converting any ship exp and not a single piece of gold spent. It is a wonderful felling of accomplishment when you finally achieve that 750,000 Free Exp. I've had mine since March and just last week Captain Seagul finally reached Elite statues. 

Now go out there and liberate some citadels while clearing the way with your radar. 

:Smile_honoring:

[TBOW]
Members
1,185 posts
10,769 battles

Congrats however you earned it. Free Xp or converted is time into the game, and that's not nothing!

Enjoy the best ride in the game!

[CUTER]
Members
3,777 posts
15,807 battles

What you did probably feels very good indeed and I'm a bit jelly tbh. You see, it's the other side of the coin for me.. really disappointed with how my free XP expenditure goes. I don't have a goal to aim for, I can only hope.

Spoiler

Y5ygjXF.png?1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,553 battles
1 hour ago, pmgaudio said:

I got mine a couple weeks ago .... it prints credits practically REGARDLESS  of a win or loss.... least amount I made was 424K in a loss... I actually made more than  a Few battles in which we won...
It is DEADLY accurate and the AAA is friggin amazing...

the radar... the guns.....this ship is quite simply AWESOME

congrats

Too bad it doesn't print WTR, since average performance is so high.

[ARMDG]
WoWS Wiki Editor
794 posts

Enjoy helming the Mighty Mo' my dude  :)

Edited by TheZeke00

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,819 posts
15,936 battles

Grats on the Missouri!  I also payed the iron price :)

[-K-]
4,819 posts
15,936 battles

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles
22 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

22 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Well the real Lord_Zath please stand up? 

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:
  Reveal hidden contents

JU475Cb.jpg

It really helps to mount the Free XP bonus flags on your clan battles ships.  

[-K-]
4,819 posts
15,936 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Well the real Lord_Zath please stand up? 

DJG8Lya.png

Edited by Lord_Zath

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

DJG8Lya.png

I've seen the pic and you looking nothing like a giant dragon on a pile of gold.

Besides this gives me the perfect opportunity to show this. 

Spoiler

YuRX7uO.jpg

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,800 battles
1 hour ago, AyanoMidori said:

How much free XP flags and camo did it take?

Wish I could tell you.  I used everything I could find during that 200% weekend that also had a repeatable free xp bonus (like 2-3 months ago).  I made something sick like 400k+ free xp over that weekend but much of it went to unlocking the Hak so I have no idea.

1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

What mission rewards 100k free exp?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

I ~think~ it's a clan wars only mission.  Not sure if you have to be Typhoon league or not.  I'm just a few battles shy of the Stalingrad flag (win 30 battles in Typhoon league) so a number of different quest rewards got completed (since when you win a match in a certain level, all ranks below it also get credit toward their own achievements as if you were in that level).  Maybe someone reading this knows or at least knows where to go to find out.

[ADAPT]
Members
834 posts
13,636 battles

Here I come Missouri, just another 600k or something. Hahah..2 year of playing, contanstly broke, have to buy credits and sell modules and etc etc, finish all t10 line except cv, which i will never level up cause not my thing. Hope they postpone the pan asian dd long enough, or i just gona use fxp to level up again to t10 .

Playing 2 years, only manage 2.5million credits and 5 doubloon.haha.:cap_haloween:

Good to know missouri print credits, but as i encounter them so much, i dont seem it pretty dangerous. Mostly i see them reverse and blaze in endless fire.

Edited by bandits86

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,152 battles

However you obtain it, it is worth getting, it's a good ship in game, it prints credits and for historical reference it feels good to have it in port.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Congratulations!  I did it too - still haven't brought the ship out of coop, although someday - but it took something like 9 months.

I have to imagine that if you are playing clan wars, and winning, the potential to print free xp (or commander xp, if that is what you are after) is considerable.  2500 base for a win is just filthy; now combine that with the mission you mentioned...