You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MaxVladimus

Matchmaking is hard to understand

40 comments in this topic

[F-N-G]
Members
345 posts
7,032 battles

What the hell is wrong with the matchmaking? These are not balanced teams. 4 tier 6 cruisers on my team while the enemy has just 1?! Also we had one BB less.

wgsdg.thumb.png.47957955822dc249eb78f95912ee462c.png

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles

Don't try to figure it out. It's like trying to figure out the mind of OJ Simpson. 

• Cool 1

[ARMDG]
Privateers
798 posts

Matchmaking is like a mirage. It will forever be out of reach of understanding. 

Members
5,935 posts
6,834 battles

I see matches that are destroyer heavy like that, but wow, usually it's 4-5 cruisers total in the match not 5 BBs total. That's somewhat of a rare sight these days(the 5 BBs total).

Guess all the other BBs got sucked into their own match first. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[SALVO]
Members
23,947 posts
24,450 battles
59 minutes ago, MaxVladimus said:

What the hell is wrong with the matchmaking? These are not balanced teams. 4 tier 6 cruisers on my team while the enemy has just 1?! Also we had one BB less.

wgsdg.thumb.png.47957955822dc249eb78f95912ee462c.png

Shakes head.

What's your gripe?  Even with posting the lineups, it's not clear what your gripe is.  It looks like pretty decent MM.  They have 1 more BB.  They have 1 more tier point overall. You have an extra tier point in DDs.

So what's your gripe?

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
23,947 posts
24,450 battles
6 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

We put peeps in space and yet a good MM alludes us..

So do good explanations of what the OP's complaint actually is.

• Cool 2

Members
9,915 posts
12,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Shakes head.

What's your gripe?  Even with posting the lineups, it's not clear what your gripe is.  It looks like pretty decent MM.  They have 1 more BB.  They have 1 more tier point overall. You have an extra tier point in DDs.

So what's your gripe?

n8NeJj2.jpg

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
712 posts
5,717 battles

We should have uneven teams return. That stuff was great back in the day :)

[YORHA]
Members
4,666 posts
9,064 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Dorja said:

matchmaker is easy to understand. 

Yup.

YellowishNewEasternglasslizard-max-1mb.g

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

So do good explanations of what the OP's complaint actually is.

I don't actually ever look. There are so many threads, that's just my carbon copy answer. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
23,947 posts
24,450 battles
6 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

We should have uneven teams return. That stuff was great back in the day :)

No, it really wasn't.  :Smile_facepalm:

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,769 battles

One of the match making theories is .. as a good example, say your the type of player that sets his ship up just so, all upgrades done ,willing to spend a little coin to do it right making the ship the best this V Cruiser can be ... just the type of wallet warrior Wows likes , then your put into Game facing Vl... ok I can handle that and if I need to spend some coin on some consumables,so be it.. then the Vll Cruisers appear you think and are right to think your in big trouble... only 1 thing to do ...have to get me one of them more health better armor longer range firing Succers .and set it up just right.. and the circle starts agan ... just a theory mind you 

[MKF]
Members
501 posts
19,349 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I see matches that are destroyer heavy like that, but wow, usually it's 4-5 cruisers total in the match not 5 BBs total. That's somewhat of a rare sight these days(the 5 BBs total).

Guess all the other BBs got sucked into their own match first. :Smile_teethhappy:

I see 5 BB matches fairly often

[RLGN]
Members
12,722 posts
22,534 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Looks like they testing for a Skill Based MM.... "How Skilled are you?"

I can sail my botes and generally not be completely worthless to my team... That's why I shake my head in bewilderment when it seems like teams are full of drivers who can't at least do that... Classic example... 2, 3, 4 ships surrounding a destroyer; they die, it lives...

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Shakes head.

So what's your gripe?

Wheter you feel it's valid or not; it seems to be that besides the matching NOs; the other team's cruisers are all tier 7, except one. Seems perfectly clear to me.

Members
5,935 posts
6,834 battles
1 hour ago, Dath_1 said:

I see 5 BB matches fairly often

I mean, if you're talking 5 per side(10 battleships total), then yeah, I see those a lot too. But to see two or three BBs per side with the rest of the teams being cruisers and destroyers just isn't all too common anymore, in my experience.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,150 posts

Two of those tier VI cruisers on your team were Clevelands. A Cleveland usually has few problems taking on a Myoko or a New Orleans. It's actually a bit OP at its tier, which is probably why WG is moving it to tier VIII.