Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
nhf

Detection bug

9 comments in this topic

[VW]
Members
357 posts

There is an issue with detection.  Was in a Kamikaze today sitting in smoke to cap, when smoke ended I was spotted at 7km.  I was NOT firing and there was NOT radar, hydro or a plane.  No ship has less detection than 5.4km, so I know this was a bug either in smoke mechanic, spotting distance, or my screen display not showing radar/hydro spotting.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,758 posts
16,727 battles
36 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Replay?

^

Members
9,915 posts
12,904 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Replay?

this....

I think perhaps you were spotted by another ship... perhaps one that proxy spotted you but itself was behind an island and you were paying attention to the one at 7 KM and did not notice....

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
11,096 battles

I'm not sure if maybe this is related to potentially the same bug, or crazy luck/skill/both.

Dummy I am forgot Shino's torp's were 8 km not 10 when I fired. Figured I'd just chill there a bit, watch the torps I thought were gonna hit, was puzzled as the screen jumped back to my ship short of hitting and moments later, detonated by that Cleveland. I thought maybe, I somehow got spotted while watching the torps briefly but getting the replay to play going through, nothing spotted me and I can't see any reason he'd be able to target me that precisely in smoke, not firing or anything. Shame on me for sitting still, but I still can't figure this out from earlier today.

[HINON]
Members
12,397 posts
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

I'm not sure if maybe this is related to potentially the same bug, or crazy luck/skill/both.

Dummy I am forgot Shino's torp's were 8 km not 10 when I fired. Figured I'd just chill there a bit, watch the torps I thought were gonna hit, was puzzled as the screen jumped back to my ship short of hitting and moments later, detonated by that Cleveland. I thought maybe, I somehow got spotted while watching the torps briefly but getting the replay to play going through, nothing spotted me and I can't see any reason he'd be able to target me that precisely in smoke, not firing or anything. Shame on me for sitting still, but I still can't figure this out from earlier today.

Looks like a lucky shot. The planes spotted your torps earlier which probably cued the cleveland into the fact you were still hanging out in the smoke. I've hit some cheeky DDs in smoke even when they were unspotted with gunfire. I remember one instance I did it in the shiney horse to polish off a farragut. He had fired from the smoke earlier but had gone quiet. I guessed about where he was and started to spread shells around and it finished him.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
11,096 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Looks like a lucky shot. The planes spotted your torps earlier which probably cued the cleveland into the fact you were still hanging out in the smoke. I've hit some cheeky DDs in smoke even when they were unspotted with gunfire. I remember one instance I did it in the shiney horse to polish off a farragut. He had fired from the smoke earlier but had gone quiet. I guessed about where he was and started to spread shells around and it finished him.

Never ruled luck out, but the fact that he got me square on first salvo and had reversed from where I fired, one in a million shot, then again, that is my luck given the last 2 days or so I can't buy a win.

[HINON]
Members
12,397 posts
7 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Never ruled luck out, but the fact that he got me square on first salvo and had reversed from where I fired, one in a million shot, then again, that is my luck given the last 2 days or so I can't buy a win.

Yeah it can happen. I once saw someone at the very start of the match fire a full BB salvo towards the other team before the enemy was spotted. It happened to connect with a cruiser for 3 cits and a devastating strike. The player had just guessed about where the enemy spawn was and it hit.

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
19 posts
3,767 battles

no i have had several instances where i was dark and in smoke with no detection warning, something is wrong

Sign in to follow this