You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AngelOfWarAndDeath

Stop Mixing Timelines

49 comments in this topic

Members
298 posts
4,485 battles

Stop mixing World War I ships with World War II ship with Post-War ships into a single battle mode or random battle.....

not historical and balanced...

let each ship from different timelines reign supreme...

by making World war I mtchmaker

World War II matchmaker

and finally Post-War Matchmaker...

yes that's right 3 different matchmakers.

there..more job security for Wargaming.net

get to work Corporate Employee benefit modern day slave by choice.

or off to the Gulag to you.

Edited by AngelOfWarAndDeath

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
12 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You do realize that WW1 warships fought in WW2?  

Indeed they did.  The U.S. still has the U.S.S. Constitution which earned fame in the war of 1812 (Old Ironsides) and she is a fully commissioned ship in the U.S. navy. At dock in Boston.  She had a refit not long ago and is seaworthy and ready to go if needed. PUT HER IN THE GAME! She was a serious azz kicker in the War of 1812.:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
12,401 posts
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Indeed they did.  The U.S. still has the U.S.S. Constitution which earned fame in the war of 1812 (Old Ironsides) and she is a fully commissioned ship in the U.S. navy. At dock in Boston.  She had a refit not long ago and is seaworthy and ready to go if needed. PUT HER IN THE GAME! She was a serious azz kicker in the War of 1812.:Smile_izmena:

Charge!

MceVMml.jpg

• Cool 5

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
24 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Charge!

MceVMml.jpg

Beautiful pic!  Beautiful ship. Big 44 gun frigate.  Actually a new and bigger class of frigate in her day. I believe this pic is from bout 10-15 years ago after her refit when they took her out to sea for the first time in years under her own sail....not towed. Had a bunch of dignitaries on board. Just look at that broadside.  She could hand Yamato her butt. Yup.:Smile_smile: Tks for pic. I been on her.  I mean no offense to the Brits but she just torn the Brit frigates she fought to pieces. 

Edited by dmckay

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,764 posts
16,727 battles
35 minutes ago, dmckay said:

The U.S. still has the U.S.S. Constitution which earned fame in the war of 1812 (Old Ironsides) and she is a fully commissioned ship in the U.S. navy.

That broadside would still cause some serious damage to unarmored ships like destroyers and tier I gunboats. Good luck getting within range though, and the ROF would be very low. On the other hand, you wouldn't have to worry about getting hit in the citadel ...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,764 posts
16,727 battles
1 minute ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Just being detonated/magazined.  XD

There's a flag for that.

• Cool 1

Members
2,548 posts
14,054 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

You don't seem to understand the difference between ships that "fought" and ships that are "commissioned". 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,936 posts
10,443 battles
2 hours ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

get to work slaves!

oh i KNOW you didnt just call WG your "slaves"

Members
298 posts
4,485 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

oh i KNOW you didnt just call WG your "slaves"

yeah ,i changed it to reflect modern day corporate employee benefit slave by choice...there better.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,936 posts
10,443 battles
3 minutes ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

yeah ,i changed it to reflect modern day corporate employee benefit slave by choice...there better.

youre still telling WG what to do, and thats not how this works at all

Members
298 posts
4,485 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

youre still telling WG what to do, and thats not how this works at all

oh,i am just stating how I am not happy with their game...

especially their maps all are about capturing points A,B,C and D

why not a actual map of sink the last ship?

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You don't seem to understand the difference between ships that "fought" and ships that are "commissioned". 

I don't quite grasp what you mean here. Clarify?  My whole thing about putting the Constitution in the game was all in fun. Not serious. I guess if we wanted to use her today (which we don't of course) it could be arranged. :Smile_izmena:

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

That broadside would still cause some serious damage to unarmored ships like destroyers and tier I gunboats. Good luck getting within range though, and the ROF would be very low. On the other hand, you wouldn't have to worry about getting hit in the citadel ...

As you know I was just kidding but you do make an interesting point. Getting into range with a fighting sail ship from that era would indeed be tough but if you could maybe she could take down a WW1 gunboat. Maybe. Heh. :Smile_izmena: 

I got a thing from childhood for Old Ironsides.  Built a BIG model of her in my thirties. She sits to this day on a shelf in my bedroom. Am 68 but I still play with her in the tub....ha ha. Naaaa I don't do that.  Joke.

Edited by dmckay

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
3 hours ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

Stop mixing World War I ships with World War II ship with Post-War ships into a single battle mode or random battle.....

not historical and balanced...

let each ship from different timelines reign supreme...

by making World war I mtchmaker

World War II matchmaker

and finally Post-War Matchmaker...

yes that's right 3 different matchmakers.

there..more job security for Wargaming.net

get to work Corporate Employee benefit modern day slave by choice.

OP I apologize for kinda hijacking your thread. 

[HINON]
Members
12,401 posts
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

Beautiful pic!  Beautiful ship. Big 44 gun frigate.  Actually a new and bigger class of frigate in her day. I believe this pic is from bout 10-15 years ago after her refit when they took her out to sea for the first time in years under her own sail....not towed. Had a bunch of dignitaries on board. Just look at that broadside.  She could hand Yamato her butt. Yup.:Smile_smile: Tks for pic. I been on her.  I mean no offense to the Brits but she just torn the Brit frigates she fought to pieces. 

Actually that's just a wallpaper WG made for the USN birthday last year :cap_haloween: