You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DQCraze

Try Your Luck

42 comments in this topic

[WB]
Members
121 posts
9,221 battles

Anyone know the odds on getting a super container, im on 35 try your lucks with no results, going back to flags....

• Cool 1

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

I don't think the data are out

Unless you really need the flags or consumables, I would still stick with it.Once in a while you get something good

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,790 battles

I've been trying to figure out the rewards outcome from "try your luck" versus the standard container selection for most of a year now. I think that which you should choose depends on the type of rewards you want. If you are using containers as a way to keep your signal coffers filled, etc. then you should go with standard containers. Once or twice in about a hundred standard containers you will still get a supercontainer. However, if you are a good player who can routinely can get signals, etc. from achievements and events then you probably should chose "try your luck" because the supercontainer rate doubles to something like 2 or 3 out of a hundred tries. Very rarely you will get something really special from a supercontainer that makes the long wait worth it. Last year I got an Arizona.   

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles

They have never said what the odds are. But I have always believed it to be 1% (2% with a TLY). 35 containers is a small pick to expect a SC to drop.

Members
19,041 posts
5,351 battles

Last 2 weeks, I got 3 SC from the signals preference.

Nothing special, (50 Sierra Mikes, 50 Gamescom camo, and 50 Restless Fire camo) but nothing useless either.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

When the crates started, SC's were definitely more common than they are now. It's fairly obvious that WG have realized that the free crates don't make them any money, while the Halloween and Santa crates make them truckloads. And why would you buy Santa crates if the regular ones were dropping treasure at a decent rate?

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
763 posts
7,163 battles

The benefits from the flags and camo FAR outweigh the slim chance of getting yet another hydro mod 1 module in a SC....

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,790 battles

I see "try your luck" a lot like striper fishing in a freshwater reservoir. I went down to visit my grandmother and step-grandpa once over spring break. My step-grandpa took me out fishing every morning. I would have been happy just catching crappie and bluegill off the dock but he was after bigger game. We fished five hours a day for five days and only caught two fish. However, his weighed 32 pounds and mine 24 pounds.

Members
19,041 posts
5,351 battles
12 minutes ago, DingBat said:

When the crates started, SC's were definitely more common than they are now. It's fairly obvious that WG have realized that the free crates don't make them any money, while the Halloween and Santa crates make them truckloads. And why would you buy Santa crates if the regular ones were dropping treasure at a decent rate?

I dunno, I think they knew all along free crates wouldn't make them any money.

I think they also knew that if you got a few SCs to start things off, you would know what you were missing, and be encouraged to buy them when they got scarce.

"Psst... hey kid, first hit's free....."

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,923 posts
14,403 battles

I always use Try Your Luck and I've learned two things; 1 I can expect 2 or 3 SC a month and 2 my luck sucks because I keep getting stupid useless pieces of scrap silver called 'Special Upgrade Mods'. 

:Smile-angry:

In fact this week I got a Spotter Aircraft Mod and yesterday a Defensive Fire AA Mod. 

I really hate seeing these useless mods pop out of a rare SC. 

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,793 battles

Never bother with it.  Always go for signals.  SC will drop from time to time (always a damn module!) but the signals are very useful.  Most everything else, meh.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,766 posts
7,712 battles
4 hours ago, DQCraze said:

Anyone know the odds on getting a super container, im on 35 try your lucks with no results, going back to flags....

I know the odds for me 0... just unlucky I guess

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
4 hours ago, DQCraze said:

Dont even bother, the odds are utter sh*t. Go for consumables and flags, at least that way you get something out of it.

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles

I always use TYL, I've got 3 premium ships so far in the process since the system came out.

Tons of premium time, flags, cammos, doubloons, etc

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,200 posts
6,139 battles

98% of the time I go for signal flags. The other 2% is either credits or consumables.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,509 battles

Base odds are now 1.5% and 3% for "Try your Luck" last I read. Since each pick is an independent event when you get one can very widely - RNGesus. On the other hand, the Law of large numbers says the more you open the closer you will come to seeing 1 super container in 100 opened.

For fun I switched from Flags to Try Your Luck for October. I got 2 in the first 3 days then nothing. I open 2-3 a day. So....its random.

[5D5]
Members
2,407 posts
15,027 battles
2 hours ago, DingBat said:

Keep telling yourself that. My 46 TYL SCs says otherwise.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it is very streaky though.    last 2 month, I got like 10, but not many earlier in the year.    no biggy either way.   its free after all  :D

Members
1,613 posts
10,419 battles
5 hours ago, DQCraze said:

Your odds these days are as close to zero as possible.  I have over 300 containers since early summer and not one Super Container.  WG doesn't want to give them out anymore so they are making it very difficult. "Try your luck" makes no difference at all. I've never won a SC with it.

Edited by STINKWEED_

Beta Testers
1,119 posts
2,464 battles

My usual tactic seems to (objectively) work-- collect around 20-30 regular container first, then start trying ypur luck for super containers. Dont ask me about the mechanics at work behind this.

Just got one a few days ago... Containing 50 of those ugly green camos that actually increase my dispersion. Yay. :cap_old:

Edited by Mulletproof
words