You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Comparaison : Old Kagerou vs Yuugumo

10 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,831 posts
8,796 battles

Hello

Before the IJN DD split my higher DD was the Fubuki, but I wasn't good enough to play her (well actually i wasn't good enough to play IJN DD in general) . I just heard some rumors saying Fubuki was better than Kagerou and Kagerou was the ship to free XP if you want a Shimakaze. 

After a long break of IJN DD when i decided to reach Yuugumo, I was forced to play the Kagerou. First it was really painfull because of the long CD and the easy detected torps, and even now, the ship is still the same but I don't really have that same anger or frustration I had when i first played her. Now that i unlocked Yuugumo and had some game in it, i find her pretty good for the line which make me wonder if the Old Kagerou was really bad compared to the current Yuugumo . I would say that Yuugumo is probably better than the old Kagerou when it comes to guns because Kagerou has a pretty meh CD while Yuugumo's gun are pretty good. 

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,387 battles

The old Kagero was a fantastic little DD. All built off the extremely good detectability. That and the ability to run the torp reload consumable. 

Most of the hate for it stemmed from going to a 2x4 format from the more versatile 3x3 of the Fubuki. I loved the T8 fubuki but the T9 Kagero was superior.

How does it compare to Yugumo?  

I feel Yugumo is better but not by much and saying that i feel the Yugumo is the highlight of the current IJN DD line.

Edited by Camo68

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,488 battles

Most of the hate of the old Kagero comes when Kagero was T9 and didn't have TRB also back than CVs were more common so being slow and losing the third tube felt like a downgrade specially with how easy it was to find your tubes to be disable for the reload timer to start counting again

With comparing it to Yugumo

Yugumo is really nice upgrade over the old Kagero even if we don't count that it has access TRB it got useable  guns and better selection of torpedos it can use

[ANIME]
Beta Testers
120 posts
3,577 battles

Old Kag was a downgrade from old Buki in many ways. Buki had 15km torps that had good detectibillity (1.5km), but were slow, a 3x3 torp configuration with a 90sec reload. Kag was around 120 sec while having 1 less torp, with a less versatile 2x4 config. On Kag you had 20km nerfed shima torps, 10km torps that were on Buki, and F3 torps (1.9 detection) which were considered the best choice for the ship. The main batteries on Buki were also DP while on the Kag they were not.

Yugumo has 12km torps (1.7 detection), F3 torps (1.8 Detection). The main batteries are DP, and have a much higher rate of fire. The ship is also slightly faster. Yugumo is better in almost every way then T9 Kagero was, and T8 Fubuki was better in most ways then T8, and T9 Kagero.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,862 posts
10,762 battles

T9 Kagero was fine. She used to have the pre-nerf 20km torps, then F3 which was pretty effective with her best-in-game concealment. But that's before WG introduced wallhack radar.

She won't survive in today's T9 matches.

[-I-]
Members
147 posts
2,940 battles

Old T9 Kagero is basically the same as it is now at T8.
The main differences are the torpedo choices.

So old Kagero would do just as well in today's meta as the new Kagero does.

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,569 battles
4 hours ago, Noone_You_Know said:

Don't you mean Yugumou?

I think you mean Yuugumo...  There isn't an accent on the o at the end of Yuugumo like there is on Kagerou.

[SYN]
Members
14,624 posts
10,955 battles

ぐも=Yūgumo

かげろ=Kagerō

こんご=Kongō

• Cool 1