Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Loqiical

Help

19 comments in this topic

[SIR]
[SIR]
Members
2 posts
658 battles

Hi,

I’m new to WoWs. I live in Australia but play on the NA server.

It has come to my attention that while there are usually 5000 people online when I play, the most real people I have ever seen in a match is four. And that really makes the game kind of boring.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,715 posts
16,661 battles

You'll meet more people when you're out of the 'kiddie pool'. There is a 'newbie protection' in this game where people with few battles get a separate matchmaker with similarly unexperienced players.

Once you get an X amount of battles under your belt you'll be dropped in the real matchmaker. Unfortunately I don't know the exact amount of battles off the top of my head. It might even be tier related, that you'll be dropped in the real MM when you've researched your first tier, like, 4 or something - I don't know. They didn't have newbie protection when I started playing.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
12,382 posts

Because you are a new player you are in a protected match maker that only allows new players to also be in matches with you so you dont get stomped on by experienced players right away. Play more battles and you will eventually reach the threshold to run with the general population.

• Cool 1

Supertester
4,132 posts
4,302 battles

When you start playing, you're in a protected matchmaking that fills random mostly with AI players. Once you get to a certain player profile level, you should start getting full games of real players

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
9,000 posts
4,603 battles
Just now, Lert said:

You'll meet more people when you're out of the 'kiddie pool'. There is a 'newbie protection' in this game where people with few battles get a separate matchmaker with similarly unexperienced players.

Once you get an X amount of battles under your belt you'll be dropped in the real matchmaker. Unfortunately I don't know the exact amount of battles off the top of my head.

About 20 I think

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,715 posts
16,661 battles
Just now, Unabletony said:

About 20 I think

Alright, that's rather few. I thought it was more? I honestly don't know.

[WOLF4]
Members
178 posts
3,280 battles

It's going to depend on what tier you are in and when you unlock random battles. Basically your going to want to be atleast tier 3+ with random battles then you will be playing with more people.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,181 posts
3,443 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

I recall seeing recently it was 100. OP, with 5 battles, you have a little ways to go before you get into full MM. And when you reach T5, that's really the big leagues.

Lert, that's a great GIF you have in your sig.

[O7]
Members
5,263 posts
11,103 battles
28 minutes ago, Lert said:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,715 posts
16,661 battles
5 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

So now I've heard 20, 100, 200 ...

[O7]
Members
5,263 posts
11,103 battles
Just now, Lert said:

So now I've heard 20, 100, 200 ...

When I get home, I'll dig it out of the patch notes. Pretty sure in a recent teamspeak convo someone asked what the battle threshold was and everyone was saying 200.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,715 posts
16,661 battles

I have no reason to disbelieve you.

Members
11,026 posts
30,385 battles
52 minutes ago, Lert said:

Once you get an X amount of battles under your belt you'll be dropped in the real matchmaker. Unfortunately I don't know the exact amount of battles off the top of my head. It might even be tier related, that you'll be dropped in the real MM when you've researched your first tier, like, 4 or something - I don't know. They didn't have newbie protection when I started playing.

You get thrown into the general MM pool currently once you get your first T4 ship.

I think I saw somewhere about this being increased to purchasing (Researching? Playing? Can't remember) your first T5 + reaching account level 11.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,016 posts

It's not the battles you play per se that will move you into the main pool of players, it's the account level you attain or your ship tier. With the new patch, account level 11 will toss you into the "deep end," as will a tier V ship.

Improved matchmaker for new players with lower account levels (below level 11) who participate in tier I-IV battles. Before the change, matchmaker for newcomers was used for players whose account level was below 8 and participated in tier I-III battles. The change is intended to make the game more comfortable for newcomers.

[O7]
Members
5,263 posts
11,103 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

I have no reason to disbelieve you.

It's fine, I was curious on the accuracy of it myself.

Found it, took about 10 minutes. Happened a lot longer ago than I thought

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.3

ctrl+f Matchmaker Improvements

Unfortunately there is no number listed here. It's possible the number (10, 100, 200) is a game of phone call. Maybe it came up in a Q&A.

If @Pigeon_of_War knows the answer, genuinely curious.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,715 posts
16,661 battles

Thanks, good work finding that.

Sign in to follow this