Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
457th_FighterGroup

T8 CV MM

12 comments in this topic

Members
219 posts
2,254 battles

Just a few days ago, I bought the Lexington. I am still grinding out the ship modules but have all the upgraded planes. 

But the MM is ridiculous. It doesn't make sense for T8 CVs to be in T10 battles 2/3 of their games. They are T8, not Tsometimes8butmostly9and10.  Most of the time you will have no choice but to attack big AA fortresses like Iowas and such. Hell, even Yamato can chew up quite a few of her planes before they can get through. I simply don't get why WG has not changed the MM for them yet. The new loadouts won't be much better if you can't bomb anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the Lex is getting 1/1/2 but she is till going to useless if the MM isn't change. 

[WOLF3]
Members
23,527 posts
21,096 battles

Only thing you can do is be patient.  Spot, pick off DDs early on and make their life hard, as well as making your DDs' lives easier with your air support.  Don't throw away your planes early on just to have an attack run for the sake of having an attack run.  It doesn't mean anything if your bombers all get swatted for minimal gain.  Only make your attacks later when the targets have been softened up some and the team splinters.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,699 posts
16,636 battles

It's the same for every other T8 too.

[RLGN]
Members
12,597 posts
22,418 battles
40 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It doesn't mean anything if your bombers all get swatted for minimal gain.  Only make your attacks later when the targets have been softened up some and the team splinters.

This; the associated lack of patience, high AA and strafe are pretty much why I gave up on high tier CV play.

I understand the IDEA of waiting and being patient; but getting such wonderfully fun MM quickly made it pointless to even bother continuing with them. (Kaga; THREE tier 9 games, one tier 8, and one, count it; ONE tier seven game. Enough of that, I'm out.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
855 posts
4,816 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's the same for every other T8 too.

Its really not. CVs depend on plane HP and quantity to strike. They get screwed much worse than any other class during uptiering and to add insult to this there are some major AA DPS leaps for just about every class at 8, 9, 10. If the opposing side stays in groups of 2-3 there isn't much you can do other than spot which gives you f-all for credit.

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
54 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Just a few days ago, I bought the Lexington. I am still grinding out the ship modules but have all the upgraded planes. 

But the MM is ridiculous. It doesn't make sense for T8 CVs to be in T10 battles 2/3 of their games. They are T8, not Tsometimes8butmostly9and10.  Most of the time you will have no choice but to attack big AA fortresses like Iowas and such. Hell, even Yamato can chew up quite a few of her planes before they can get through. I simply don't get why WG has not changed the MM for them yet. The new loadouts won't be much better if you can't bomb anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the Lex is getting 1/1/2 but she is till going to useless if the MM isn't change. 

That's t8 CV matchmaking for you. According to WG the matchmaker is working the way its supposed to ... yea, my a.s.s.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

You see. In order to understand how carriers need to be fixed, the developers first have to play carriers.

Of course they don't.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,550 posts

Lexington is something called a 'Paywall'.

There are other examples.  It's a ship set up so horribly, at the wrong tier, or just plain difficult.

In the real world, it was the match to the T7 Kaga... maybe even less. 

Similarly, the Enterprise was the match for the T7 Hiryu.

Going up the line, the T9 Essex was a match for the T8 Shokaku

T10 Midway was actually better than the T9 Tiaho - with armored decks.

Matters start levelling out at T9 -- so T8 is the most difficult.  -- And the loadout is sad.

1-1-1 is probably the best since you don't know who you will be facing.

[WOLF3]
Members
23,527 posts
21,096 battles
46 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This; the associated lack of patience, high AA and strafe are pretty much why I gave up on high tier CV play.

I understand the IDEA of waiting and being patient; but getting such wonderfully fun MM quickly made it pointless to even bother continuing with them. (Kaga; THREE tier 9 games, one tier 8, and one, count it; ONE tier seven game. Enough of that, I'm out.)

It's the only thing you can do and it's dull as hell.  You're just flying your fighters around and s--t until halfway through the match, THEN you can go to work.  Tier VI-VII CVs are where it's at, more dynamic.  Tier IV-V got their nuts cut off.  Tier VIII-X is a s--t fest.  And the revamp isn't going to change any of this.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,696 posts
32,727 battles
18 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Welcome to T8, the new T10. You could put any T8 ship here. It kinda sucks, and it is fallout from the hopeless decision to wreck T5 and T6 in order to sell more high tier premiums. 

Sign in to follow this