You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Ok see if you have noticed this going on.

15 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles

Beginning of match heading to cap A. Yeah in a strait line but not detected no radar warning nothing. Then suddenly sunk by two well placed salvoes from team and still no detection even when the final salvo hit nothing to say they knew I was coming. So I watch the game and the DD in front looks like he met largely the same fate. He did every trick to break line of sight a DD could do a they still knew where to land each shot to sink him quick. I left and as quickly as my ship was release from the match I believe the team met a similar fate.

What the heck happened? The other team did not have a division.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,166 posts
3,438 battles
1 minute ago, Slntreaper said:

Send replay, then we'll talk.

Otherwise I can't say much.

This

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Basically, yeah. It's really hard to comment without a replay to analyze. Otherwise I can say is that side from an absurdly lucky blind volley, that shouldn't be possible without detection. I mean, maybe your UI glitched and just didn't show you were detected? 

Edited by TTK_Aegis

[KOHAI]
Members
1,670 posts
4,975 battles

That sounds hilarious, I wish I could see a replay, must have been quite a sight.

Members
5,202 posts
9,487 battles

The reds were using premium ammo. They basically act like missiles and lock on to the nearest target. 

not serious... obviously

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[HINON]
Members
12,340 posts

Were you by chance driving a fascist boat? Sometimes those things draw automatic fire from both teams.

5wpJ3O4.jpg

• Cool 2

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,375 battles
20 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

The reds were using premium ammo. They basically act like missiles and lock on to the nearest target. 

not serious... obviously

Dude....

02-18b-homershudder.gif

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,709 battles
56 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Beginning of match heading to cap A. Yeah in a strait line but not detected no radar warning nothing. Then suddenly sunk by two well placed salvoes from team and still no detection even when the final salvo hit nothing to say they knew I was coming. So I watch the game and the DD in front looks like he met largely the same fate. He did every trick to break line of sight a DD could do a they still knew where to land each shot to sink him quick. I left and as quickly as my ship was release from the match I believe the team met a similar fate.

Ive no replay but expierienced this myself ,no detection shown, no incoming fire alert , nothing and I start talking hits and the shooter never becomes visible, no smoke seen .. nothing  , it doesn’t happen often, also I’ve noticed a number of times enemy shoots and it’s a few seconds for them to become visable and then only for a second then gone, this seems to be a lot more common... this visabilety is a complicated mechanic or should I say mechanics that needs some tweaking

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles

Prammo the Bain of WOT. It sure felt like laser guided munitions. Nah looking at cheating vids he was or they were probably using an aimbot or something that allowed to see invisible ships and lock on to them.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles

I can hit invisible ships but I have to detect them first I have to have a starting point to trace their location in my head. This guy either was cheating or has ESP.

[VW]
Members
354 posts
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I've had glitches where I was spotted but it did not show  on my screen.

[5IN]
Supertester
2,100 posts
10,126 battles
38 minutes ago, nhf said:

I've had glitches where I was spotted but it did not show  on my screen.

Same here... leave detection range, no radar/sonar ships around or in match, still detected and focused.

Only since the smoke changes though, and not every match.  I have replays somewhere... detection mechanics are complex, I get it, but something doesn't seem right.

B

[VW]
Members
354 posts
23 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Same here... leave detection range, no radar/sonar ships around or in match, still detected and focused.

Only since the smoke changes though, and not every match.  I have replays somewhere... detection mechanics are complex, I get it, but something doesn't seem right.

B

There is an issue with detection.  Was just spotted and killed in a 5.4km Kamikaze NOT firing with the closest ship at 7km.  Nothing has less detection, so I know this was a bug.