You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
212thAttackBattalion

3 DD's sail into a Battle and pick a fight with a Fiji...

18 comments in this topic

Members
2,330 posts
6,561 battles

how not to wolf-pack a Cruiser to death. big thanks to the Mahan, CV and Duca who gave me fire support while i was the meatshield lol.

• Cool 3

[CTF80]
Members
4,258 posts
11,061 battles
22 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

how not to wolf-pack a Cruiser to death. big thanks to the Mahan, CV and Duca who gave me fire support while i was the meatshield lol.

Outstanding, both the gameplay and the music!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,629 posts
10,034 battles

Fiji is just nasty.  If I want some DD wrecking, enemy team rage-inducing chuckles, I take out Fiji and Belfast in back-to-back games.  lulz

[NG-NL]
Members
5,109 posts
8,510 battles

Too many cruisers are stinking cowards that refuse to charge into the smoke and slam on DDs even if the little runts have no support. Kudos to you for a good one in Fiji.

[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,069 battles
4 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Too many cruisers are stinking cowards that refuse to charge into the smoke and slam on DDs even if the little runts have no support. Kudos to you for a good one in Fiji.

You mean like 99% of RU and French cruiser players above teir 6 who think since they have range they should never be within 15 km of anything red?

GG OP, if I had been in that match you'd have gotten all my remaining Comps for the day.!

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,971 posts
10,869 battles

That red team had the worst BBs ever.  You were broadside 90% of the time and in range yet not one citadel on you.  I hope those DDs used up all their reports for the day on their BBs.  

Members
1,598 posts
8,541 battles
2 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

You mean like 99% of RU and French cruiser players above teir 6 who think since they have range they should never be within 15 km of anything red?

GG OP, if I had been in that match you'd have gotten all my remaining Comps for the day.!

Or maybe its the paper armor that allows you to eat cits from almost any angle....

Members
594 posts
4,444 battles

Cruiser broadside to a battleship?

"That's a paddling... unless, you know, reasons."

Edit: Nice work though.

Edited by BrandonKF

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,469 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Or maybe its the paper armor that allows you to eat cits from almost any angle....

Exactly. In any DD I regularly citadel French and Russian ships that get close.

Also, a French or Russian CL that charges smoke has to weave it's way in to avoid torpedoes, and that often exposes broadside to enemy.

Dude, ever think there's a reason so many French and Russian CL players play the game so similarly?

[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,069 battles
2 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Uh huh.. unlike those over armored UK and USA Cruisers, and the OMG OP armored IJN cruisers.

[BIAS]
Alpha Tester
326 posts
10,147 battles
21 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Uh huh.. unlike those over armored UK and USA Cruisers, and the OMG OP armored IJN cruisers.

RN CLs usually hide in smoke. USN CAs like to hide behind islands. They do this because they have neither the armor to be out in the open nor the shell velocity to accurately hit DDs at range.

[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,069 battles
1 hour ago, Dianeces said:

RN CLs usually hide in smoke. USN CAs like to hide behind islands. They do this because they have neither the armor to be out in the open nor the shell velocity to accurately hit DDs at range.

You're intentionally missing the point. RU and French cruisers tend to stay as far as possible from anything red for an entire match, even when a win or loss can be decided by having a cruiser actually play like a cruiser. You know, little things like killing that last pesky DD thats hounding a BB, maybe contest a cap, flush another cruiser thats island humping. You know, the unimportant things.

Edited by Ares1967

Members
2,330 posts
6,561 battles
8 hours ago, Reymu said:

Well timed Hydro is always a good friend, use RN acceleration to dodge torps and get in close to keep the little buggers perma spotted as my 12 rapid fire rifles shred them.

7 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

That red team had the worst BBs ever.  You were broadside 90% of the time and in range yet not one citadel on you.  I hope those DDs used up all their reports for the day on their BBs.  

He didn't even pay me any attention, not one shot, let alone a citadel. The only fire i took was from the DD's

6 hours ago, BrandonKF said:

Cruiser broadside to a battleship?

"That's a paddling... unless, you know, reasons."

Edit: Nice work though.

True, i got lucky that the enemy BBs were otherwise occupied.... but i had to charge to get the DDs in Hydro range, so i risked it and got the Biscuit.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Alpha Tester
326 posts
10,147 battles
3 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

You're intentionally missing the point. RU and French cruisers tend to stay as far as possible from anything red for an entire match, even when a win or loss can be decided by having a cruiser actually play like a cruiser. You know, little things like killing that last pesky DD thats hounding a BB, maybe contest a cap, flush another cruiser thats island humping. You know, the unimportant things.

I think not. All cruisers, save the two previously mentioned (for the reasons previously mentioned), tend to stay as far at arm's length as possible. The OP played well, and made a funny video about it, but pushing that far forward that fast with only two of the red BBs spotted was an incredibly risky decision. It is entirely possible to envisage a scenario where one (or more) of their BBs actually leave the cap and are looking his way. He ends the encounter with a bit over 13k damage left; and it is plausible, if not probable, that one BB could have dealt that much damage in the minute and a half that he took to finish off those three DDs. It worked out well in this case, but I think on the balance, a slightly less aggressive approach would work out better in the long term. The point of all of this is that controlled aggression is the key. Cruisers become steadily more influential the longer the match goes on; and for cruisers without a heal especially, staying at a comfortable distance is the best way to ensure that you live long enough to influence matches. The French and Soviet cruisers are the most visible example of this, but they are far from the only ones that do so.

Members
2,330 posts
6,561 battles
3 hours ago, Dianeces said:

I think not. All cruisers, save the two previously mentioned (for the reasons previously mentioned), tend to stay as far at arm's length as possible. The OP played well, and made a funny video about it, but pushing that far forward that fast with only two of the red BBs spotted was an incredibly risky decision. It is entirely possible to envisage a scenario where one (or more) of their BBs actually leave the cap and are looking his way. He ends the encounter with a bit over 13k damage left; and it is plausible, if not probable, that one BB could have dealt that much damage in the minute and a half that he took to finish off those three DDs. It worked out well in this case, but I think on the balance, a slightly less aggressive approach would work out better in the long term. The point of all of this is that controlled aggression is the key. Cruisers become steadily more influential the longer the match goes on; and for cruisers without a heal especially, staying at a comfortable distance is the best way to ensure that you live long enough to influence matches. The French and Soviet cruisers are the most visible example of this, but they are far from the only ones that do so.

RNCLs are the kings of high-risk, high-reward gameplay. playing aggressive and taking chances are their bread and butter. the increase of our smoke deployment time has helped us avoid catastrophic failure because we can deploy smoke from top speed as soon as we hit the breaks and not run out of it. I hadn't intended on pushing that far, but as soon as i got spotted and things unfolded i just went with the flow and charged.

I ended up with Dreadnought from that match, all 4 heals used and a little over 1k hp left, but nearly 80k damage, 3 kills and a win to show for it.