You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
carlbunny

Is PVP on MAC actually supported for ship above mid tiers?

6 comments in this topic

[HAG]
Members
6 posts
3,365 battles

Previously, I was playing on the mid 2015 mbp with AMD Radeon R9 M370X. In the PVP mode, the game will crash and exit to desktop in the first second the battle is started.

I was only able to play a little bit of PvP using the low tier ship, which, in my assuming, with less ship and a smaller map.

However, after I change my laptop to 2017 MBP and the problem still exists. It is the first day I use this laptop, so I am assuming there should not be any software conflict.

I am suspecting that the game hits some resource limit in the wine container, but I could not tell more since there is no log. 

Is this a known issue btw? Only playing PvE sucks.  

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 7.21.34 PM.png

[HDR]
Members
61 posts
3,318 battles

That is odd. I have never heard of PvP not being supported on Mac. I advise submitting a ticket to support about this. Also uninstalling and reinstalling might help.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
298 posts
16,466 battles

Are you using boot camp or a mac wrapper, which may have stability issues. Try lowering graphic settings and see if that help.

[WOLF8]
Members
358 posts
6,636 battles

Codeweavers have told me that there’s a known bug in the current wrapper.  They’re working on a fix but don’t have an ETA.

• Cool 1

[HAG]
Members
6 posts
3,365 battles

This is the first day I get this Mac, where the same problem persists as the old Mac.

I also find that once I tune texture to high, the PvE will crash as well. This seems to be a load related problem as well.

[T-S-D]
Members
2 posts
2,204 battles

Interesting. I play on a new iMac and wasn't having any issues until the new patch came out. Similarly, I can play Randoms at Tier 4/5 but when I try a Tier 6 ship my game crashes immediately at battle start.

*Update* I've played several Randoms with a few of my Tier 4 ships without issue. But when I move up to Tier 6 I don't make it past battle start. There could be something to higher tiers not working correctly on Macs.

Edited by ADM_Snackbar