You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheCompGuy25

When did WOWS click for you?

12 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Members
338 posts
7,650 battles

For me, I was an average player until this summer.  I ground across all nations and lines (except CVs) and was average in everything.  Then I got to the end of the grind of the Emerald and suddenly I figured this game out.  The Leander solidified the learning and the Fiji just made it awesome.  Suddenly, the video watching, map reading, angling, and anticipation all made sense and I LOVE this game even more now.

So when was the moment it “clicked” for you?

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,270 battles

I played the Pensacola. 

Tanky when angled and fighting cruisers, paper when fighting battleships in the open. 

Taught me a lot about angling, WASD hax, HE vs AP, and just general map positioning. 

And the German BBs were a nice intro to battleships after giving up on the NY and Kongo (though I eventually came to enjoy the Kongo). 

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
882 posts
7,387 battles

When I learned how to land citadel hits consistently on a Tenryuu in a Clemson, back in CBT.

Edited by sulghunter331

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,846 posts
15,336 battles

I first started getting decent sometime after the 1000 battle mark.  Even then it was still very slow in further improvements and a lot of tragic mistakes.  The embarrassing kind of mistakes that drive a point home, "Maybe I should never do that again."

It took lots of play across different lines to get a better appreciation on how things roll in this game.  Leave your ship comfort zone and try other things.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

The game in general started to feel more natural in terms of situational awareness and understanding various ship strengths and weaknesses around the 3000 battle mark... but I've never been REALLY bad or REALLY good consistently- just steady. 

Members
4,676 posts
6,811 battles

Clicked?  Aint happened yet. I guess I am not as serious as some.  Heh.  I do play to win however. :Smile_honoring:

[SPTR]
Members
3,496 posts
5,891 battles

When I finished my Kongo grind.

Kongo was such an excellent ship for beginners to master battleship gameplay. Accurate, but a small number of guns enforces a steady and reliable damage but only upon decent aim, decent but distinctively flawed armor that punishes your for mispositioning, but not hard enough to deprive you of a second chance, good enough maneuverability and excellent speed to allow you to be always actively engaged in a battle.

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
154 posts
16,666 battles

When I got my first 10 point captain and switched to playing DD s

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
781 posts
8,043 battles

I played through many lines in WoT for thousands of battles till I figured out what I liked, took me a lot less games and time in ships to figure out what I liked and enjoyed most which is dd’s and some cruisers.