You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Arthur_Dayne

HArdcore Gamers late night play and the all powerful DD

69 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
430 posts
6,599 battles

it becomes increasingly impossible to play this game after 12 am eastern time.......the reason is because the DD is more powerful than any class in any game I have ever played... take the shimikaze or yugumo...a yamato cant see it at all..it just torps and torps and torps... no one sees it....DDS there fore are the choice of the hardcore gamer.... the guy who stays up til 3 or 4 am..... using his invincible shimikaze spraying out 20-30 45 torps with his division ALL from invisible cloaked never gonna see him mode....this has led to matches where expert unsinkable unseeable dd players have made the game ......unplayable ...I have never seen a class of wizard fighter mage paladin...anything in ANY game as powerfully OP as the dd.....and it only encourages players who GAME to use. it....DDS should never have been what they r..they should have been support vessels repairing and putting out fires but this getting to within 2km  invisvble........im sorry WG you game sucks bad after 12 am...too many DDS too many invisble ships that no one can see.....DDS have prevented ANY growth in population from day one....

FURTHER FEAR of the invisble dd has bb running to map edges....everyone stays way way back because of torpedos out of no where...its wrecked your game... this game would have at least 2x the population... if u took ALL DD torps out of the game... leaving just the carriers.....these massive torp spreads sinking bbs from invisble mode in seconds has to end or it WILL BE THE END OF YOUR GAMES POPULATION...OR tier x matches will b 75% DD and when they drop down to the minekaze at tier V it will simply destroy whats left as u get way way uber players using the minie or worse the isokaze... with its rapid torp reload to wreck ur game..i suspect the minikaze and isikaze and Nicholas already have affected the games population...no one wanst to play a game where all they see r torps but never the enemy...

this game sorta sucks after a few mtches of constant dd dodgeing

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,291 posts
9,004 battles

If DDs are so strong, play a DD?

• Cool 7

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

Not every ship is going to have answers for every one.

Your Yamato can LOLPENMULTICITADEL the Cruisers and put some fear into other BBs.  But if Yamato doesn't have help and is isolated, CVs and DDs will rip her apart.

The Cruiser is the closest thing to a ship with answers for most cases, but it pays for this fact by having thin armor and citadels more massive than a d*mn Battleship.  As a matter of fact, the Battleship is typically a great answer against a Cruiser.

The CV exercises a lot of dominance against many ships.  But the moment something has great AA, especially in conjunction with Defensive Fire, especially if people keep together for mutual AA, then the CV is irrelevant and has to bide its time.

In a DD heavy game, your DDs need to be good in establishing contact and fighting other DDs.   IMO this is one of the hardest aspects of the game as DDs are frequently left to fend for themselves.  If you got a CV that helps tremendously.  But do not expect to have answers for everything with any given ship.

FYI, DDs were not support vessels.  They were the main arm of every navy and navies sent them to do every d*mn dirty job you could imagine in wartime.  Navies were very reluctant to commit precious Cruisers and the very ultra expensive, resource hogging Battleships.  But DDs?  They were thrown into the fire every time.  Many chances in war it was DDs fighting alone.  The Pacific Theater, especially around the Guadalcanal and Solomon Islands Campaigns were full of DDs and ***maybe*** a Light Cruiser spearfishing each other.

Destroyers were the Real Workhorses of a Navy.

[NGA]
Members
1,385 posts
8,248 battles

Lord as my witness, I tried to resist.

Tell us where the bad DD touched you? Was it the same place your prince touched?

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,851 battles
21 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Lord as my witness, I tried to resist.

Tell us where the bad DD touched you? Was it the same place your prince touched?

I've been meaning to ask you. What ships do you have in your port and in what order did you obtain all your Tier Xs?

:Smile_glasses:

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,001 posts
10,267 battles
1 hour ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

it becomes increasingly impossible to play this game after 12 am eastern time.......the reason is because the DD is more powerful than any class in any game I have ever played... take the shimikaze or yugumo...a yamato cant see it at all..it just torps and torps and torps... no one sees it....DDS there fore are the choice of the hardcore gamer.... the guy who stays up til 3 or 4 am..... using his invincible shimikaze spraying out 20-30 45 torps with his division ALL from invisible cloaked never gonna see him mode....this has led to matches where expert unsinkable unseeable dd players have made the game ......unplayable ...I have never seen a class of wizard fighter mage paladin...anything in ANY game as powerfully OP as the dd.....and it only encourages players who GAME to use. it....DDS should never have been what they r..they should have been support vessels repairing and putting out fires but this getting to within 2km  invisvble........im sorry WG you game sucks bad after 12 am...too many DDS too many invisble ships that no one can see.....DDS have prevented ANY growth in population from day one....

FURTHER FEAR of the invisble dd has bb running to map edges....everyone stays way way back because of torpedos out of no where...its wrecked your game... this game would have at least 2x the population... if u took ALL DD torps out of the game... leaving just the carriers.....these massive torp spreads sinking bbs from invisble mode in seconds has to end or it WILL BE THE END OF YOUR GAMES POPULATION...OR tier x matches will b 75% DD and when they drop down to the minekaze at tier V it will simply destroy whats left as u get way way uber players using the minie or worse the isokaze... with its rapid torp reload to wreck ur game..i suspect the minikaze and isikaze and Nicholas already have affected the games population...no one wanst to play a game where all they see r torps but never the enemy...

Ah Arthur how I miss your weekly rants . However they where more entertaining then this one ; " The sky is falling ! " .   After all repeated rants against DD's get old after a while .

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
3 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

I can almost bet that the ends of the map were not covered. When I play my tier 7 IJN DD I head to the edge to scout and possibly get into the enemy back yard which allows for surprise attacks and endless scouting for my team. I play BBs a lot and the Yam is known for sitting back and doing their damage. I don't play one but they along with the CQ usually sit back there and are easy targets for a DD getting around the edge. Because of my many games in BBs I use that knowledge to always close off the edge to enemy DDs. This along with friendly DDs leaving the middle open with no scouting really pisses me off and is a bad sign from the start  when in my BB. Players who are not in DDs should ask their DDs or CV to cover the edge at beginning until the team gets set in it's attacks. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles
2 hours ago, khaenn35 said:

The troll's back again, I see.

I have less issue with that if true, then I have with players who apparently don't care to notice destroyers, or who don't care to learn how to hit them...

Such fun, watching a full health battleship get killed because they keep firing at whatever stupid ship is far away; when all they have to do is fire once at a low health destroyer about to close in and give them a fistfull of torpedo supositories.

[DAKI]
Members
2,115 posts
8,427 battles
3 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

GitGud.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles

Oh Arthur; you're such a treasure! (I thought WoW had finally BURIED him!)

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
4 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

it becomes increasingly impossible to play this game after 12 am eastern time

I believe I might have bumped into you yesterday, and you already mentioned that in game chat. Apologies if it was not you, but in that case the other player had the very same complain.

Yet, a BB driving into a cap, early in the game, when there are 5 DDs on each side is really the issue here. Also, remember that if the opposite team had DDs, so do you. Play with them.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,466 posts
6,804 battles

the reason is because the DD is more powerful than any class in any game I have ever played... take the shimikaze or yugumo...a yamato cant see it at all..it just a wall of Torpedoes, which happen to be one of the most inconsistent sources for damage, and after that it's two minutes of silence in which there is literally 0 threat of Torpedoes... no one sees it....

FTFY

Edited by SireneRacker
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
2,115 posts
8,427 battles

Also, try fighting a Khabarovsk. Never be torpedoed by that from stealth because its base detection is 10km and its torpedo range is 6km. It’ll just burn you to the ground instead 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,242 battles

You must have been in a really rare game last night because this became the world of battleships a long time ago

[WOLF2]
Members
939 posts
7,706 battles
5 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

FURTHER FEAR of the invisble dd has bb running to map edges....everyone stays way way back because of torpedos out of no where...its wrecked your game...

Look at the bright side.

You protected that map corner valiantly!   The border lines can sleep safe...

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,914 battles

Look ma! A real life BBaby!