You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

What is, in your opinion, the most glaring issue in this game?

132 comments in this topic

Have been at this for 2 months now.  Here are some observations:

1.  Match Maker - often I get thrown into a battle with a 3 tier split.  More often than not I'm the middle or lower tier.  Not fun in a tier 6 cruiser going up against tier 8 BBs and cruisers with standoff killing power.  I wonder why this has to be when often times there are more than 11,000 ppl on line playing..... or is there really that many on line?  Are you guys including players on line on other planets?  

2.  CVs with Torp Bombers, that swoop in like a flight of swallows, and drop torps 100 ft from your ship.  Absolutely no time to react.  Synchronized swimmers can only marvel at the perfectly choreographed movement of the 6 planes.  It's not even arcade worthy.  Who designed that action, a first year game designer?  yeah, I know, ya gotta beef up your AA support, but really.  C'mon man.  

3.  Ships, mostly DDs, that disappear without the benefit of smoke and can torp/shoot you from almost point blank range?  What is this Predator?  C'mon man.  Get rid of the concealment benie.  It's pure [edited].

my biggest issue is with Random Battles it seems alittle unbalanced to me. it might be because i am new but it seems like every RB i play i get my ship destroyed i have won more co-op mataches than Random Battles which makes CO-Op my preferred game mode and that limits the fun factor.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:08 PM, Stauffenberg44 said:

Did you skip your meds for aggression?

nice

ad-hominem stab there....blame his/her meds for aggression...as if laughter isn't the best medicine....I'm laughing at you....

Gruntdog_3    9

Possibly the TK status. In one game about 1hour back, I spent my time avoiding collisions and torps from allies. The two p[layers concerned were 'kill crazy'. Game 15mins back, I am getting malleted from four reds. I fire torps and turn to run away. Two hang back ships working together sail into them just about the end of their run. So they try to sink me. I deliberately torped one and sunk him. It used to be that torps fired after 5+ seconds and hit friendlies, then pretty much their lack of sit. awareness. I usually get friendly torped in about 1/5 games. It happens. It is usually my fault that I get hit due to the battle. Can WG make something like a 5 second rule. You sail into allied torps 5 seconds after they are launched then it is your fault. 

Vexborg    0

Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. Too much Radar, too much sonar. I maneuver and maneuver to get into a position where I can do some damage, I shoot my guns or torp. Somebody hits the radar button and 20 seconds of focus fire I'm dead. I like to get into the fight but now I do my damndest to stay 10 km away. It's doable but it's not much fun. Just make it so all ships are visible all the time. Yeah it's ridiculous but so is too much radar, too much sonar. It's just not fun. It's a chore.

Edited by Vexborg

jagdoc    19

I thought the discussion on invisible ships was resolved?  The last word I had was ships could only be invisible if 1: they were not firing main guns.  2: they were in a smoke screen.  If a invisible fired main guns it immediate became visible out the max range of the guns.  Then the smoke mechanics were reworked so Cruisers and BB's could not hide in smoke laid by DD's am I misunderstanding this?

What I just went through in a battle where I was fire hosed by some ship I never saw could not see so could not take aim at to return fire because there seems to be no aiming point that will allow a hit on a invisible ship, worse yet if you fire at a ship that goes invisible right after firing the rounds suddenly go wild!!

DD's should no match for BB's but instead BB's if they want to survive the match have to avoid DD's at all costs..  The BB will lose 9 out of 10 times because the dispersion of the main guns basically means fire at them waste the salvo and wait 30 secs to reload while you get pulverized by the 5 inch guns, even though the BB has 5 inch secondaries that have a ridiculous intermittent rate of fire and range deficit that gives the advantage to the DD's.  The whole game mechanics has changed so the DD's are ignored by EVERYBODY.

The game mechanics should be such that DD's are used to channel the enemy onto killing zones for the larger ships.  The DD's should hide behind islands and ambush unsuspecting ships with torps.  Now they roam the entire map completely invisible can launch torps 4 km away and remain invisible!  

It seems to me Wargamming has lied to us about the invisible ship problem!

jagdoc    19

If you are going to insist on the current DD issue remain unchanged then EVERY ship should have radar.  ALL 5 inch guns range, dispersion, and rate of fire should equal that of the DD's.