You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

What is, in your opinion, the most glaring issue in this game?

133 comments in this topic

JackBinary    212

Disregarding stability issues, of course.

I want to hear everyone's opinion on what they think the single most disruptive part of the game is?

After I hear a few suggestions, I'll make a poll, so make sure to check back before too long!

Th3KrimzonD3mon    1,250

The players. The self-entitled, always whining about everything and blaming everything they do wrong on everyone else, players.

So, in short, the players. Not all of them, just the ones fitting the above description.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon
typooooooooos
  • Cool 5

Wulfgarn    2,012

MM and -2/+2

You can talk all want about the balance between ships in the same tier, but none of that really matters because you "more often" battle against ships two tiers higher.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 8

Lack of different game modes or options.  I enjoy the heck out of clan wars but that is only for another month.  Ranked is meh.  Co-op, no point in playing.  The lack of variety that is fun (looking at you Bastion) and different maps kinda burned me out until clan wars came along.

senseNOTmade    92

Pacing. The game has a great variety of gameplay types and ways of enjoying it, but the credit, leveling and experience systems encourage grinding in which people play the same type of gameplay over and over and over and over again for hours on end because they want to unlock new gameplay options. I think people would enjoy the game far more, and possibly understand it better, if the progression system encouraged people to vary the ships they are playing, vary the tier they are playing at, vary the strategies they decide to use and vary the objectives they are trying to achieve. 

It's largely a matter of lost potential; the game is so varied in gameplay styles, and yet so much of our time is spend grinding even past when we've stopped having fun because we want to unlock the shiny new ships.

RedSeaBear    2,167

[The following is written by a Non-CV player]

My biggest issue is Tier difference between AA and Planes. For instance an Atlanta will shred planes of equal or lesser tiers But get dropped into a match against a tier 8 or 9 CV and they will shred you. Conversely a CV can't do much against a ship two tiers above it but will over power the AA defenses of a ship one or two tiers below it. This imbalance bugs me because it means the lower tier CV on my team is next to useless and the next match that two Tier higher CV on the enemy team is going to wreck me. I think AA and Planes should be balanced so that Your AA does work no matter the tier of the CV and the CV isn't powerless to inflect some amount of meaningful damage. 

I could write another two paragraphs about how I loath facing good CV captains while my CV can barely tie their shoes while breathing but its to late for that rant. 

not_acceptable    1,578

threads like this.

no, really, we write some stuff in here that indicates there are a lot of us that like what the game could deliver, represents observation in hundreds of thousands of battles, includes experience from other games, different cultures and approaches to the game, and gaming in general, and what does WG do with it?

nerfs a couple boats and lines, introduces a bunch of skins, and generally does not give a rats [edited]what's going on to gameplay, the player base, experienced, loyal players, screws around with smoke, and expects the $$$ to keep rolling in.

and if it doesn't? well, the less time and energy invested, the less lost. I personally would like to regularly feel in battle and even when reading thru the forums that WG cares more about this game than we do.

• Cool 4

Cruiser_Noshiro    1,281
1 hour ago, Kunra_1 said:

The game is missing the USS Wisconsin (BB-64) WisKy 

pRrjbag.jpg

Not really sure we need another US BB clone

2 hours ago, Kunra_1 said:

The game is missing the USS Wisconsin (BB-64) WisKy 

Nice pic.

1 hour ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Yes we do; it's called a radar equipped, T8 USS Washington.

Oh; and, 'STRAFE.'

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

kerensky914    1,010
3 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

The players. The self-entitled, always whining about everything and blaming everything they do wrong on everyone else, players.

So, in short, the players. Not all of them, just the ones fitting the above description.

I do not often agree with TheKrimzonDemon.  But when I do, he gets my upvote.

• Cool 1

Stauffenberg44    529

--MM putting you in a match with a fail team, win or lose.

--losing streaks

--the two combined that see me playing less at times

Crucis    2,662
3 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Pacing. The game has a great variety of gameplay types and ways of enjoying it, but the credit, leveling and experience systems encourage grinding in which people play the same type of gameplay over and over and over and over again for hours on end because they want to unlock new gameplay options. I think people would enjoy the game far more, and possibly understand it better, if the progression system encouraged people to vary the ships they are playing, vary the tier they are playing at, vary the strategies they decide to use and vary the objectives they are trying to achieve. 

It's largely a matter of lost potential; the game is so varied in gameplay styles, and yet so much of our time is spend grinding even past when we've stopped having fun because we want to unlock the shiny new ships.

There doesn't need to be incentive to do this.  Make the personal decision to do it on your own!  if you don't like grinding the same ship or 2 repeatedly for hours on end, you have only yourself to blame.

• Cool 1

Crucis    2,662
46 minutes ago, KongouIsBestShip said:

Potato teams

Everybody gets to play the game.  Expecting everybody to be an expert or even respectably competent is just plain unreasonable in a F2P game.  And complaining about it doesn't make it any better.  You only end up sounding like the self-entitled players that KrimzonDemon is talking about in an earlier post.

• Cool 2

Crucis    2,662
56 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

--MM putting you in a match with a fail team, win or lose.

--losing streaks

--the two combined that see me playing less at times

So, you have a right to win?  You have a right to expect better teams than other players?  Sounds like another of KrimzonDemon's players.

Crucis    2,662
3 hours ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

I am.  I'm sure that we don't.  I'm tired of all these players whining about why their home state's battleship isn't in the game by name.

Newsflash.  The Iowa CLASS is in the game, which means that the Wisconsin *IS* in the game.

Crucis    2,662
2 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

Having matches with uneven numbers of DDs per side. 

Only really matters in Domination mode, and perhaps Epicenter mode.

Crucis    2,662
3 hours ago, Pulicat said:

People who spend their time trying to point out non issue.

Different people have different opinions about what is or is not an "issue".