Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

What are the odds..

10 comments in this topic

awiggin    2,070

That the vast majority of the player base would be completely out of sync with dst ending?:cap_hmm:

I noticed tonight that the server pop peaked exactly one hour earlier than usual. Are that many players really from out of the country? Is Arizona filled with gamers who only play certain times of the day? :Smile_teethhappy:

h48Evvj.png

Edited by awiggin

Vaidency    372

It's the weekend, so Daylight Savings Time ending doesn't actually effect most people's schedules today since most of us weren't at work.

AVR_Project    769

So that's 9:45 EDT on Saturday, and 8:45 EST on Sunday?  Or is this graph ignoring the time change -- like Clan Battles last night?

Skpstr    1,539

I change the clocks, but since I don't run off a clock on Sunday, nothing changes until Monday morning, when I wake up before the alarm goes off.

awiggin    2,070
4 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

So that's 9:45 EDT on Saturday, and 8:45 EST on Sunday?  Or is this graph ignoring the time change -- like Clan Battles last night?

Yes, and in the day of everything auto-updating the date, I find it hard to believe everyone is still running as if DST didn't exist.

And I was in game at the time, really the only reason I noticed it.

Edited by awiggin

deicideusa    3

Most of Arizona and Hawaii don't use DST as well as
American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Puerto Rico
US Minor Outlying Islands
US Virgin Islands
As well as some people choose not to observe DST. I know quite a few farmers in my area that never change their clocks as the animals get on a schedule for certain things and they don't want to change that schedule.
And lets not forget many people from other countries also play on the NA servers.

All these combined could be the effect of what you were seeing.

-deicideusa

awiggin    2,070
29 minutes ago, deicideusa said:

Most of Arizona and Hawaii don't use DST as well as
American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Puerto Rico
US Minor Outlying Islands
US Virgin Islands
As well as some people choose not to observe DST. I know quite a few farmers in my area that never change their clocks as the animals get on a schedule for certain things and they don't want to change that schedule.
And lets not forget many people from other countries also play on the NA servers.

All these combined could be the effect of what you were seeing.

-deicideusa

Doesn't really explain the graph.

The graph is an exact mirror, one hour earlier. That would mean every single player that normally plays during primetime, ignored DST and logged on/off at yesterday's time. Seems a bit too much to expect.

Sign in to follow this