You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
W31N3RB3RG

Plane Strafe Bug

5 comments in this topic

W31N3RB3RG    0

When i play carrier, it has come to my attention that my strafe runs on fighters and bombers are sometimes interrupted. The planes just does a bunch of turns, instead of actually doing the move. Many times this has resulted in missed opportunities of deleting enemy squadrons.(This happens mostly to my fighters.) I had a perfect strafe angle on the enemy fighter squadrons, and then i select the alt fire and target, my planes instead of going in and removing the enemy squadrons turn around and spin in circles, resulting in them getting stuck and destroyed.

nuttybiscuit    576
6 hours ago, W31N3RB3RG said:

When i play carrier, it has come to my attention that my strafe runs on fighters and bombers are sometimes interrupted. The planes just does a bunch of turns, instead of actually doing the move. Many times this has resulted in missed opportunities of deleting enemy squadrons.(This happens mostly to my fighters.) I had a perfect strafe angle on the enemy fighter squadrons, and then i select the alt fire and target, my planes instead of going in and removing the enemy squadrons turn around and spin in circles, resulting in them getting stuck and destroyed.

this affects bombing and torpedo runs on enemy ships too, with auto attack, they will get very close to target, be about to start their run, when they suddenly 'lose' their lock on. (No smoke involved). If I am quick, I can catch this intime and restart run withotu losing too much time/planes, but if slow it can be disastrous. I wonder if some keyboard shortcut may be inadvertently causing the attack/strafe cancellation?

I have noticed this too, although slightly differently as it has only occurred on my bomb drops to my knowledge, This has prevented me from destroying or damaging enemy ships as my bombs sometimes drop but never hit anything, including the water. I don’t know what the cause is but I am sure WG is going to try to fix it. (Please guys)