Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
l1nv5

Take 3 Yugumo Type93mod3 torps to kill 1 Benson, normal or hack?

20 comments in this topic

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles

Have this weird battle today, super hydro-like Izumo and a ultra survivable Benson, took me 3 torpedo hits to kill him and total 3 torps damage only 11183hp. Is this normal or enemy team is hacking?shot-17_11.03_21_39.34-0388.thumb.jpg.6020bd74b9c23376b9bf30b9d729dd3e.jpg

[TDD]
Members
1,181 posts
9,378 battles

damage saturation... ship health is spread across the ship when one section hits zero it no longer takes damage. all three torps probably hit the same section

• Cool 1

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles

1. The Benson is only 12k hp left.

2. First 2 torps hit nose and body. Yugumo torp is like 23k max damage so even with damage saturation wouldn't he already dead? The 3rd torp hit from 2nd set from TRB

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,074 battles
9 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

1. The Benson is only 12k hp left.

2. First 2 torps hit nose and body. Yugumo torp is like 23k max damage so even with damage saturation wouldn't he already dead? The 3rd torp hit from 2nd set from TRB

1. he was already damaged in the areas you stated.

2. Damage saturation denies all damage but fire and Flood.

Final Conclusion;

It was Damage Saturation, not a hack, cheat or mod.

c_Rds_NHO.gif

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles

So why would the 3rd torp kill him? That must be the most unlucky thing I have had lol he took at max 1 salvo from Charles Martel.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

Tell us how they could be hacking the game. Why, is everything instantly a hack.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,793 battles
6 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

So why would the 3rd torp kill him? That must be the most unlucky thing I have had lol he took at max 1 salvo from Charles Martel.

Because torps deal a ton of splash damage. The 3rd one either hit him in the center section of the hull, or close enough to splash damage it.

And one torp hit on the bow/stern of a DD with those IJN torps, if they're at full health or close to it, is enough to saturate the section and not kill the DD in question. It's a valid tactic... If you know you're going to eat torps, take it on the nose or tail and you should get out alive. As long as you have most of your HP when hit. 

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles

Yeah the problem is 2 first torps are totally spread out, bow and mid...

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles
1 minute ago, tmGrunty said:

The 3rd torpedo killed him because it hit a part that was not damage saturated yet.

No, it hits the mid section, which supposedly saturated

[FEM]
Members
275 posts

Maybe you had a little desync issue and your torpedoes did not actually hit where you think they hit.

You were just unlucky this time. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,322 posts
13,270 battles

Yes. It's a hack. Stop playing.

EDIT: OP doesn't want explanation. So why bother?

Edited by chewonit

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles
38 minutes ago, tmGrunty said:

Maybe you had a little desync issue and your torpedoes did not actually hit where you think they hit.

You were just unlucky this time. 

Most likely I think my ping is 106, play from Singapore on NA server.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,657 posts
12,120 battles

Just stop.  It's damage saturation.  Take a buddy into the training room.  Have torpedo bots.  Have your buddy focus fire your nose with HE, then go run into torpedos thrown at you.  You will see how.

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,431 battles
1 hour ago, tmGrunty said:

Seen this a lot lately. I'll watch my shells hit bow and midships but end up starting a fire on the stern. Other times I will register a hit when all the shells clearly (visually) missed. Tougher to tell when a visual hit is actually a miss 'cuz it could have landed a bit long.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
8,112 battles

Sadly, I've seen this before.

Damage saturation is a MORONIC game mechanic when it comes to torpedoes. Unfortunately, WG doesn't seem to understand this.

It actually rewards stupid players by encouraging bow tanking, lack of situational awareness, and other dumb play. Not to mention penalizing players who spent the not-inconsiderable amounts of skill required to land a torpedo these days.

Don't expect it to be fixed, ever, though.

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Once took 3 torps with my Fletcher. Was pretty close to my max health of 20250, survived with ~150-300 health. Was expecting to die so I zoomed in and was focusing on shooting the guy who launched them. Figured I’d only took 1 until the guy started complaining in chat.

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
226 posts
8,486 battles
On 11/3/2017 at 6:45 AM, l1nv5 said:

Have this weird battle today, super hydro-like Izumo and a ultra survivable Benson, took me 3 torpedo hits to kill him and total 3 torps damage only 11183hp. Is this normal or enemy team is hacking?

Not a hack. Hacking a ship from dead to alive requires hacking into game servers, not the local game client. A player can't perform such hack without accessing WG data center.

Sign in to follow this