Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

193
[WG-CC]
-Members-
385 posts
4,941 battles

So we have a new image showing a break down of the USN cruiser split, and one of these new cruisers on the light cruiser line is the USS Seattle at Tier 9.  Since this is a paper ship and not a real historical lead ship class, it got me thinking and speculating as to what it might have and possibly contribute.  So USS Seattle.  Got to have torpedoes because well, fish, and we have good fish so they have to be overpowered.  Yep, and well our guns.  Totally going to be cheesy, because they will grill everyone.  The cheese and fish would also be delivered promptly since you know, you have to have a Prime Membership to couple with your Premium Time.  Any captain you put on the ship will get bonuses to High Alert.  Drink that much coffee you should be... 

 

Ship handling, to borrow a term from Yuro.  Epic Sound System.  Yeah we got music lots of eclectic music so ship will be great for torpedo beat'n.  Now as far as ship options go.  Smoke, yeah totally going to have smoke cause Washington legalized the stickiest of the icky so good smoke.  Seattle should have a spotter plane too, and it will be some paper monstrosity like a Boeing B-17 on floats or something crazy cause hey, if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!  It would also have to have a crazy good AA consumable because well Seattle Defensive would just intercept everything, and Wargaming could go over the top and draw silly animations of Sherman tanks being launched.  They would be many, Legion if you will.  Lots of Booming going on.  Even if you did manage to get close to hitting USS Seattle, it would just scramble and score hits to your citadel.  Finally USS Seattle would have a cool premium camo bonus.  Clouds gather and at the start of the match rain falls, the rain turns off when everyone else is sunk or exits to port...

 

So yeah, funs and puns aside.  Interesting choice for ship name and light cruiser choice at this tier.  Looking forward to seeing and testing this ship when Wargaming brings it out.  Curious if it will actually have torpedoes because USS Buffalo does, and when you have the Tier 8 mirrors with USS Baltimore and USS Cleveland.  Could Tier 9 be mirrors as well???  Would also be shocked if we get this line split before getting a USS Washington premium.  Of all potential USN premium BB options.  That one should have been one of the first.  Anyway, anyone else curious as to what this ship might entail?  

 

Go Hawks!!!

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,795
[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,699 battles

Frakking Hawks.(49er fan here). My hunch on what Seattle will be:

s511-46.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,224
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,144 posts
14,735 battles
1 hour ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Now if they'd only put the actual USS Seattle/USS Washington in the game.  And yes, go Hawks.
1280px-USS_Washington_(ACR-11)_off_Seatt

smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f60   :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,679 posts
2,621 battles

My wife's sister and brother-in-law are Seahawks fans.

 

Go Fins! (Jay Cutler suxxxxxxxxx :Smile_sad: )

Edited by CaptainKaitoGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,733
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,752 posts
15,286 battles
2 hours ago, Vanessaira said:

eattle should have a spotter plane too, and it will be some paper monstrosity like a Boeing B-17 on floats or something crazy cause hey, if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!

Golden!

 

You missed the unfortunate downside of the Seattle, her port slot costs will continue to double every month until you need a $1m credit per day spend just to keep her in port...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,008
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,237 posts
8,359 battles
13 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

 (Jay Cutler suxxxxxxxxx :Smile_sad: )

Aye....that he does.  I can't say I was sad to see him go after he had the honor of leading use to a 6-0 start, before somehow finding a way to miss the playoffs.  *I'm from Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,886
[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,020 battles

I'll just root on my Dolphins thanks....though they never manage to really do anything. :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
13,939 battles

U.S.S. Spokane (CL-120) laughs at Seattle. 

Down sides to Cruiser Seatle:

a. Crew will not be able to hit anything due to either being high or too emo to care. 

b. the repair cost will be double due to the raising of the minimum wage of the dock hands. 

c. To get access to the impressive DFAA mentioned above you would first have to grind out years of medicore offense and defense output, from the tier 4 chuck knox levels on up. 

d. You would have GREAT euro beats I agree, but sadly you can only turn left. 

And while yes my beloved U.S.S. San Francisco would not be allowed to use the same captain right now from one patch to the next, we can say that we were led by a Montana. 

 

To the OP, /salute! Great imagination to come up with this. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
2 hours ago, Vanessaira said:

So we have a new image showing a break down of the USN cruiser split, and one of these new cruisers on the light cruiser line is the USS Seattle at Tier 9.  Since this is a paper ship and not a real historical lead ship class, it got me thinking and speculating as to what it might have and possibly contribute.  So USS Seattle.  Got to have torpedoes because well, fish, and we have good fish so they have to be overpowered.  Yep, and well our guns.  Totally going to be cheesy, because they will grill everyone.  The cheese and fish would also be delivered promptly since you know, you have to have a Prime Membership to couple with your Premium Time.  Any captain you put on the ship will get bonuses to High Alert.  Drink that much coffee you should be... 

 

Ship handling, to borrow a term from Yuro.  Epic Sound System.  Yeah we got music lots of eclectic music so ship will be great for torpedo beat'n.  Now as far as ship options go.  Smoke, yeah totally going to have smoke cause Washington legalized the stickiest of the icky so good smoke.  Seattle should have a spotter plane too, and it will be some paper monstrosity like a Boeing B-17 on floats or something crazy cause hey, if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!  It would also have to have a crazy good AA consumable because well Seattle Defensive would just intercept everything, and Wargaming could go over the top and draw silly animations of Sherman tanks being launched.  They would be many, Legion if you will.  Lots of Booming going on.  Even if you did manage to get close to hitting USS Seattle, it would just scramble and score hits to your citadel.  Finally USS Seattle would have a cool premium camo bonus.  Clouds gather and at the start of the match rain falls, the rain turns off when everyone else is sunk or exits to port...

 

So yeah, funs and puns aside.  Interesting choice for ship name and light cruiser choice at this tier.  Looking forward to seeing and testing this ship when Wargaming brings it out.  Curious if it will actually have torpedoes because USS Buffalo does, and when you have the Tier 8 mirrors with USS Baltimore and USS Cleveland.  Could Tier 9 be mirrors as well???  Would also be shocked if we get this line split before getting a USS Washington premium.  Of all potential USN premium BB options.  That one should have been one of the first.  Anyway, anyone else curious as to what this ship might entail?  

 

Go Hawks!!!

Only thing missing from this was a Kurt Cobain reference and a coffee from one of those shops where the girls wear bikinis for no good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[KIA-C]
Members
2,306 posts
14,701 battles
10 hours ago, Seloth said:

U.S.S. Spokane (CL-120) laughs at Seattle.

USS Spokane:
Bonus on cold maps, can do icebreaking (who needs to plow roads)
High repair cost as always asking for money
Extra good at knifefighting
Will sell you discounted russian premiums that turn out to be lemons

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

You'll have to remove the guns though, because they hate those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
8 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

You'll have to remove the guns though, because they hate those things.

I remember a news story about a guy shooting a gun in southern Washington. The local "PC" reporters were in an uproar about how dangerous this was and how the law should do something about it. The sheriff told them that the guy owned the land, could shoot on it if he wanted to, and if anyone was close enough to get hit by a bullet then they were probably trespassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I remember a news story about a guy shooting a gun in southern Washington. The local "PC" reporters were in an uproar about how dangerous this was and how the law should do something about it. The sheriff told them that the guy owned the land, could shoot on it if he wanted to, and if anyone was close enough to get hit by a bullet then they were probably trespassing.

I grew up out there.  The people who live outside of Seattle are generally too stupid to know how conservative they really are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,848
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

As a Puget Sound denizen I'm not sure how to feel about this thread.

 

Part of me wants to go hilarious over the top satire angry and part of me just wants to laugh.

Edited by AraAragami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
12 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I grew up out there.  The people who live outside of Seattle are generally too stupid to know how conservative they really are.

Yeah, the farm and ranchland out here is full of uneducated hicks too. I mean, come on, I could shoot an arrow from where I now sit and only hit probably eight people who hold graduate degrees, most of the rest only have measly bachelor's degrees.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

I didn't say uneducated, I said stupid.  There is a distinct difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
576
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
23,392 battles
11 hours ago, Psicopro said:

Only thing missing from this was a Kurt Cobain reference and a coffee from one of those shops where the girls wear bikinis for no good reason.

There is an excellent reason. 

Boobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
5 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

There is an excellent reason. Boobs

 

The last thing that some people need when handling a boiling hot cup of coffee is to be distracted by a bunch of boobs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
10 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

There is an excellent reason. 

Boobs

Not required to make a kick a$$ espresso.  Helps when looking for tips though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[-SYN-]
Members
218 posts
4,513 battles

I have a feeling given where it rests, it'll be similar to the Oregon City development off the Baltimore class.

Though why it didn't get a real name is a bit odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×