Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Log out to start

15 comments in this topic

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles

Dear WG - if you want to make games like this I will simply log out to start the match.  I'm just not going to play in this type of match...it would be better not to make it or wait for more players.

game.png

Members
989 posts

This had nothing to do with WG. It had everything to do with one of the CV waiting in que to long and forcing the timer to start a game. 

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
19 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

This had nothing to do with WG. It had everything to do with one of the CV waiting in que to long and forcing the timer to start a game. 

This is your answer. The matchmaker waits a maximum of five minutes for a Random match and then starts the match with what it's got. There is some evidence suggesting that Divisions can also lead to this occurring more frequently, as can choosing a high tier ship at a time when there are few players online.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NDA]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,371 posts
12,783 battles

Yep, blame the CV who waited in queue for 5 minutes and more than likely it was the enemy one in a div. IMO once 5 minutes hits it should throw you back to port and not force a battle.

[REVY]
[REVY]
Members
324 posts
1,862 battles
1 hour ago, SteelClaw said:

I disagree this is War gaming crap MM.

• Cool 2

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
1 hour ago, GiN_nTonic said:

Dear WG - if you want to make games like this I will simply log out to start the match.  I'm just not going to play in this type of match...it would be better not to make it or wait for more players.

game.png

And then deal with the reports. You're going to have to play to make an impact, or suffer consequences of quitting without even trying to win the game. (I've won worse odds.)

Blame the low hightier CV population for this MM. Which is also WG's fault as CV's are currently in such a way that the population will forever stay low.

~Hunter

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles
10 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

....? wasn't it WG who set MM to act that way?

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles
9 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

And then deal with the reports.

I will....  i won't play in that game again.  If I was a tier X or even IX I will play but I'm not going to waste my time in the only tier 8 (-2 spread) and that sort of match - this is a game and there shouldn't be sets of time when you are just cannon fodder for other players as if we are all taking a turn having good games and bad games.

Members
1,465 posts
7,121 battles
4 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

....? wasn't it WG who set MM to act that way?

2 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

I will....  i won't play in that game again.  If I was a tier X or even IX I will play but I'm not going to waste my time in the only tier 8 (-2 spread) and that sort of match - this is a game and there shouldn't be sets of time when you are just cannon fodder for other players as if we are all taking a turn having good games and bad games.

At certain times there is just not enough high tier players on. So what should WG do... let the time go to 5 min and start a game or make it so you could wait 5 hours without a game starting. I would rather play a game with less players than not at all. 

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles
7 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

At certain times there is just not enough high tier players on. So what should WG do... let the time go to 5 min and start a game or make it so you could wait 5 hours without a game starting. I would rather play a game with less players than not at all. 

They should just kick people back to port with a message to try a lower tier ship as its not about "not playing" its about not being able to play quickly in the tier ship you may want.....this simply rewards the people to division up at high tiers like this at certain times to ensure they can stomp the enemy.  However, honestly if this happens again and I am in a equal tier ship to everyone else Id play that out.

Members
1,465 posts
7,121 battles
2 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

They should just kick people back to port with a message to try a lower tier ship.....this simply rewards the people to division up at high tiers like this at certain times to ensure they can stomp the enemy.  However, honestly if this happens again and I am in a equal tier ship to everyone else Id play that out.

I have seen this happen in lower tiers also. Other night i was on and there was less than 2k players online. I had to wait for both high and mid tier games. Being that i work 2nd shift late night games are my thing. So i am used to waiting and teams that are short players. 

Edited by Shadow_NA

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
1 hour ago, GiN_nTonic said:

Yeah, no. Not a good enough reason. You're then confirming your team's loss. You guys had two Battleships to their one. Should've easily been able to sink their Montana and cruisers. You're Midway looks like a potato, there's nothing that can be done there, but it is not impossible to deal with a Midway's drops. Now leaving the game early instead of trying? You're confirming your team's loss and setting it in stone. Just like how in WoT people who suicide because they end up in T10 games are just setting their teams up for a loss instead of using some semblance of skill to try and turn the tide of the match.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles
9 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Yeah, no. Not a good enough reason. You're then confirming your team's loss. You guys had two Battleships to their one. Should've easily been able to sink their Montana and cruisers. You're Midway looks like a potato, there's nothing that can be done there, but it is not impossible to deal with a Midway's drops. Now leaving the game early instead of trying? You're confirming your team's loss and setting it in stone. Just like how in WoT people who suicide because they end up in T10 games are just setting their teams up for a loss instead of using some semblance of skill to try and turn the tide of the match.

~Hunter

I understand why you'd say that and I respect your opinion on the issue.  However, the players in that game played just to end the game feeling it was a loss no matter.  They ended up rushing just to get it over with.  I'm just not interested in playing in a game like that.  MM shouldn't make games that are 90% set to win on one side just to appease that side due to the ships they wanted to insist on taking - and then expect us to be the Bots to face them.

If MM wanted to make it more far we should have received a few more ships and then it could have been entertaining.   Isn't that the point of the game to be entertaining?

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,296 battles

I have been in a cv in matches like this, typically only waited a few moments before getting pulled. Typically because the other CV waited for 3+ minutes. On the plus side I usually dominate them.

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles
13 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

LOL, at least you didn't get the match up that I had, then look at the map we got to go with it...

.shot-17_10.18_10_23.29-0093.thumb.jpg.3a5516e8ec7244f1e884528af93d048d.jpg

lol that is funny.  Well, at least you got a lot of cap xp???...maybe not.

Sign in to follow this