You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JohnnyDebt

A new type of premium

26 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles

Here's an idea: a premium ship that could be bought by credits. Hear me out. All of the current premiums available have 50% xp bonus with Missouri being the exception. They make credits, great. I personally don't need anymore credits but I want a ship to train XP and Elite XP. My proposal is for a premium ship that could be bought with credits: $100 mil or something like that that has a 100% bonus XP with 50% Elite XP bonus. It doesn't farm credits but rather farm Elite XP. It's something different and would solve WG's problem of people having too much credits. Flamu being a notable example and some members of my clan with nearly $300 mil credits. For me, having more elite XP is more important so I can level up my captains faster. I'm not really hurt for credits either so this could be kind of interesting. 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,499 battles
1 minute ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Here's an idea: a premium ship that could be bought by credits. Hear me out. All of the current premiums available have 50% xp bonus with Missouri being the exception. They make credits, great. I personally don't need anymore credits but I want a ship to train XP and Elite XP. My proposal is for a premium ship that could be bought with credits: $100 mil or something like that that has a 100% bonus XP with 50% Elite XP bonus. It doesn't farm credits but rather farm Elite XP. It's something different and would solve WG's problem of people having too much credits. Flamu being a notable example and some members of my clan with nearly $300 mil credits. For me, having more elite XP is more important so I can level up my captains faster. I'm not really hurt for credits either so this could be kind of interesting. 

As long as its not another BB :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
Just now, FireAndHEspam said:

Hahaha, shhh, don't give WG any ideas lol

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,499 battles
2 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Hahaha, shhh, don't give WG any ideas lol

How bout a premium Khabarovsk with both Radar and hydro. Would probably fit perfectly at about tier IV or so

Edited by FireAndHEspam
  • Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
Just now, FireAndHEspam said:

How bout a premium Khabarovsk with both Radar and hydro 

yes, very balanced comrade, and make her faster, much faster so that even Zao can't aim properly to shoot her/him

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,499 battles
Just now, JohnnyDebt said:

yes, very balanced comrade, and make her faster, much faster so that even Zao can't aim properly to shoot her/him

Also make sure to give it RN BB heals and fire chance as well

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,499 battles

In all seriousness, I like the idea, but I figure that instead of earning no bonus credits it would earn bonus credits at a penalty, i.e, less the other premiums bonuses. Still can’t see it being anything past tier VI-VII without a permanent camo that cuts its repair costs as well, though

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
1 minute ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Also make sure to give it RN BB heals and fire chance as well

Nah, we need the Halloween Event cruiser consumables for the Khaba, Do 100k damage, instant full health in 20 sec.

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
1 minute ago, FireAndHEspam said:

In all seriousness, I like the idea, but I figure that instead of earning no bonus credits it would earn bonus credits at a penalty, i.e, less the other premiums bonuses. Still can’t see it being anything past tier VI-VII without a permanent camo that cuts its repair costs as well, though

Yeah, I can see a premium t7 or t6 cruiser. I wouldn't mind a IJN t6 cruiser or USN t6 cruiser. At t6 or t7, if you're a good player, you should never be losing money. Even with the Fiji, I ran all premium consumables and have almost never lost money playing her. I find it a more appealing ship to earn than here's another ship you could buy with your hard earned cash. 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,499 battles
Just now, JohnnyDebt said:

Yeah, I can see a premium t7 or t6 cruiser. I wouldn't mind a IJN t6 cruiser or USN t6 cruiser. At t6 or t7, if you're a good player, you should never be losing money. Even with the Fiji, I ran all premium consumables and have almost never lost money playing her. I find it a more appealing ship to earn than here's another ship you could buy with your hard earned cash. 

Unless its camo cuts the repair costs and you get the other aforementioned premium benefits as well, I doubt anyone would buy it. Unless it rrally stands out in a way such as this, it would basically be buying a ridiculously expensive tech tree ship and slapping on a permanent camo

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
3 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Unless its camo cuts the repair costs and you get the other aforementioned premium benefits as well, I doubt anyone would buy it. Unless it rrally stands out in a way such as this, it would basically be buying a ridiculously expensive tech tree ship and slapping on a permanent camo

Agreed, I would not pay $100 mil credit for a premo camo. If it gets +100% xp and +50% commander xp, then it becomes more interesting. 

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
9 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

No reason they couldn't do that and sell the ship for cash.

They could, my point is that this is an interesting alternative and solves the problem of people having too much credits. I personally have $45 mil but I just spent at least $15 mil last week alone and it's so easy to rack up millions of credits. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Exchanging your unused Credits for exp? Might work for those of us with mostly  tier 10 ships already, however WG has a payroll to meet . As far as It can be seen Nobody is willing to work for free. It seems to me { my Opinion } The top most players  want it easier to seal club and can't wait to do so with this kind of request. What better way to seal club with a top 19 pt captain in an low tier ship. Might as well give the seal clubbers a nuke. I am sure the top players will get the top  19 pt captains in lower tier ships eventually it is inevitable,why give it to them sooner than later? This Idea is at best a shortcut to destruction of game balance. { again My Opinion } I say NOWAY should this be considered!

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,831 posts
5,115 battles
39 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Just for that, it will be a BB.

An entire series of BBs. We'll have the sister ship New Jersey as the first. Then a Sovetsky Soyuz sister ship. Then maybe another A-140-J design (probably the 16" version of Yamato; just to copy/paste the hull and edit the turrets and guns matching Izumo's). Then a fictional FdG sister ship with 12x 15" guns. Then a fictional Lion sister ship 6x 457mm guns but 30s traverse and 30s Reload. Then a fictional Alsace N3 sister ship with 9x 450mm guns instead. Then last but not least, a fictional UP.41 sister ship using 16"/56 railguns with 46s reload and lacking some turret armor.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

Just for that, it will be a BB.

An entire series of BBs. We'll have the sister ship New Jersey as the first. Then a Sovetsky Soyuz sister ship. Then maybe another A-140-J design (probably the 16" version of Yamato; just to copy/paste the hull and edit the turrets and guns matching Izumo's). Then a fictional FdG sister ship with 12x 15" guns. Then a fictional Lion sister ship 6x 457mm guns but 30s traverse and 30s Reload. Then a fictional Alsace N3 sister ship with 9x 450mm guns instead. Then last but not least, a fictional UP.41 sister ship using 16"/56 railguns with 46s reload and lacking some turret armor.

Throwing money at the screen hahaha

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,831 posts
5,115 battles
4 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Throwing money at the screen hahaha

For everyone else though:

ZVV0Av.gif

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,144 battles

What about a premium that's free to put in your port, but it costs 15 dubloons every battle? Like premium smoke? Make a T6 DD or something just slightly OP to drive income. Profit. 

[NSEW]
Members
2,096 posts
11,302 battles
1 hour ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Here is my thought. "Doubloon" being the primary, "Credit" being the seondary, and Free XP being a tertiary means of economic metrics of the game. 

With the current system in place. Anyone can gain an access to a ship via Doubloons, and to a limited extent Free XP. 

The Captain skill points or the Elite Captain skill XP are two separate/different branches from the above. You are by design needed to play the long game to reach the much coveted 19 point Captain(s). There by unlocking such feature of the Elite Captain XP (whether it is intended as a reward or not; I can't decide, but I'm taking it that way).

Once, you have at least one full Captain skill unlocked. You can start to collect them into the Elite XP "savings", to do as you wrote. Also, if you haven't noticed (or it just didn't come into your mind when devising this suggestions), there are economic/special flags that gives you with such bonuses to advance it up faster.

Why is there a need to discount the value of those economic/special flags?

If anything, they are rare to collect I agree. I wished they sold them on the Premium shop instead, I'm sure there will be many who will buy them as will I.

It works for us, it benefits them too. It's a win, win. Unlike your suggestions.

Now here's the clincher...

Why would a working business model, change their current working system to allow customers to get to the end game quicker? Risking a loss in their number of customers, and (most likely) their monetary returns? As well as devaluing the current bonus features already in the game? Or paying their staff over-time (or hiring a part time staff) to develop another method to add into the already covered feature? It just doesn't make any sense. 

As a side note. "Flamu" and others like him. Falls into a very small niche percentage. They receive donations (as well as from their own pockets, surely) from their followers/viewers/subscribers/etc, which directly or indirectly contributes to their Doubloons, Credits, Premium accounts. They do play the game, and made a business model that works for them, and their clients. 

Now, I'm not saying that they are getting them all for "free". They also happen to be good at it. Hence, better payout per game. They know the current economic system to mitigate the loss of credits/XP per game as well. Hell, they may just be well versed with the meta of the game to mitigate their in-game performances, which also adds to their Free XP, XP, and Credit returns per battle. (Hmm, I really need to familiarise myself more on all the ships weak points...)

Good for them, but do not suggest to compare them to the rest of the player base? It's like Apples and Oranges.

I am with you. However, looking at this realistically. It is definitely not feasible. 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,499 battles
2 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

For everyone else though:

ZVV0Av.gif

That’ll be the day! DDs for lyfe! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
3 hours ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Good idea..but the killer is what ship, what nation, what tier.

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Here is my thought. "Doubloon" being the primary, "Credit" being the seondary, and Free XP being a tertiary means of economic metrics of the game. 

With the current system in place. Anyone can gain an access to a ship via Doubloons, and to a limited extent Free XP. 

The Captain skill points or the Elite Captain skill XP are two separate/different branches from the above. You are by design needed to play the long game to reach the much coveted 19 point Captain(s). There by unlocking such feature of the Elite Captain XP (whether it is intended as a reward or not; I can't decide, but I'm taking it that way).

Once, you have at least one full Captain skill unlocked. You can start to collect them into the Elite XP "savings", to do as you wrote. Also, if you haven't noticed (or it just didn't come into your mind when devising this suggestions), there are economic/special flags that gives you with such bonuses to advance it up faster.

Why is there a need to discount the value of those economic/special flags?

If anything, they are rare to collect I agree. I wished they sold them on the Premium shop instead, I'm sure there will be many who will buy them as will I.

It works for us, it benefits them too. It's a win, win. Unlike your suggestions.

Now here's the clincher...

Why would a working business model, change their current working system to allow customers to get to the end game quicker? Risking a loss in their number of customers, and (most likely) their monetary returns? As well as devaluing the current bonus features already in the game? Or paying their staff over-time (or hiring a part time staff) to develop another method to add into the already covered feature? It just doesn't make any sense. 

As a side note. "Flamu" and others like him. Falls into a very small niche percentage. They receive donations (as well as from their own pockets, surely) from their followers/viewers/subscribers/etc, which directly or indirectly contributes to their Doubloons, Credits, Premium accounts. They do play the game, and made a business model that works for them, and their clients. 

Now, I'm not saying that they are getting them all for "free". They also happen to be good at it. Hence, better payout per game. They know the current economic system to mitigate the loss of credits/XP per game as well. Hell, they may just be well versed with the meta of the game to mitigate their in-game performances, which also adds to their Free XP, XP, and Credit returns per battle. (Hmm, I really need to familiarise myself more on all the ships weak points...)

Good for them, but do not suggest to compare them to the rest of the player base? It's like Apples and Oranges.

I am with you. However, looking at this realistically. It is definitely not feasible. 

You're right, this post was kinda made on the spot per say. I don't think this idea would discount the value of the flags per say (Btw, if you're talking about flags like Papa Papa, they are sold in premium shop). My point is credits is easy to earn. Play a good game plus premium and you can easily make half a million in profit. I'm don't know WG's business model well enough to comment too much but here's my thing. WG doesn't want its players to have too much of anything other than doubloons. They want players to keep playing the game so what's the point of playing lower tier again or premium ships if you have $100 mil or $200 mil credits. Missouri was their solution for the fxp problem where players have a large amount of fxp that doesn't get used. I think that having a premium ship earned by credits to farm Elite XP is a good way for the base player to level up their captain faster. Then again, it's just my thoughts so who knows. 

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,462 battles
7 hours ago, JohnnyDebt said:

They make credits, great. I personally don't need anymore credits but I want a ship to train XP and Elite XP.

Other than how the ship is purchased, what you described just sounded like a normal premium to me.  They make credits, yes, but they can also put XP on the captains of other ships without a retraining penalty.

6 hours ago, JohnnyDebt said:

They could, my point is that this is an interesting alternative and solves the problem of people having too much credits. I personally have $45 mil but I just spent at least $15 mil last week alone and it's so easy to rack up millions of credits. 

I am not sure if WG cares how many credits you have.   Wait... *checks username*... Naw, way too elaborate setup to just be a joke. 

Anyway, as I was saying, if WG cares about anything economy related, it's doubloons and real money.  Making a premium that they can't sell for real money probably wouldn't make it past their accounting dept.

4 hours ago, OgreMkV said:

What about a premium that's free to put in your port, but it costs 15 dubloons every battle? Like premium smoke? Make a T6 DD or something just slightly OP to drive income. Profit. 

MEIN GOTT!  Don't give them ideas! 

Of course, that isn't much different than buying premium consumables, so...

[NSEW]
Members
2,096 posts
11,302 battles
7 hours ago, JohnnyDebt said:

You're right, this post was kinda made on the spot per say. I don't think this idea would discount the value of the flags per say (Btw, if you're talking about flags like Papa Papa, they are sold in premium shop). My point is credits is easy to earn. Play a good game plus premium and you can easily make half a million in profit. I'm don't know WG's business model well enough to comment too much but here's my thing. WG doesn't want its players to have too much of anything other than doubloons. They want players to keep playing the game so what's the point of playing lower tier again or premium ships if you have $100 mil or $200 mil credits. Missouri was their solution for the fxp problem where players have a large amount of fxp that doesn't get used. I think that having a premium ship earned by credits to farm Elite XP is a good way for the base player to level up their captain faster. Then again, it's just my thoughts so who knows. 

I've just realised a typo. What I meant to write instead of "flags" are "signals". Such as: Dragon Flag, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, and Hydra.

No, those are never on the Premium shop. Not since I've played this game. The wiki site says the above Signals have a cost associated with them (under "Sale Price"), but I do not see any means of purchasing them in-game. If anyone knows, I'd love to.

I have been so far doing okay with credits. Mainly due to Premium account, and using Premium ships to bump the chances of earning. The single most factor being the Premium account per battle, in my opinion.

As for player retention ("They want players to keep playing the game"). I don't think there are players out there that have all the ships of all tech trees unlocked. Nor have all the ships in their port, with full Captain per ship. Or 19 point Captains per nation each (or more), or even finished the three current ongoing Campaigns.

I know I do not qualify under any of them still. I'm still working on my first IJN Captain skill (nearly there at 18 points), Soviet Captain (at 17 points). Now I'm working on getting those Captains fully done.   However, I have USN and KM 19 point Captains done. As well as my lonely Polish Captain at 12 points.

Still working my way through the second Campaign (first one was done, relatively quickly), and the third "Yamamoto" Campaign is challenge. Since, I don't play Carriers much if at all now.  So it is hard to complete that stage 2 of Yamamoto. It would be nice have alternate way to obtain stars to progress on, but it is really custom made for Carrier players on that particular stage (maybe this is WG way of pushing us to grind to high Tier Carrier to do the Campaign; another meta of player retention). All this is only from a year of game play (okay maybe plus few more months, but who's counting).

Point is this. To truly "unlock" all the features of the game. Everything maxed out, dotted the "I's", and crossed all the "T's", and billions worth of credits and more Free XP than sense on their accounts. Then, I can feel that I'm "done". Having said that, there are special events; Operations, Combat missions, etc to fill the time. Not to mention the main reason of playing this game. To battle it out in Random matches.

On the subject of Free XP. I think HMS Hood was another ship that was or is still obtainable, with USN Missouri.

What I'd really like to see is Wargaming offering more Free XP ships per nation. It's just good business. It shows their gratitude to their loyal customer base by offering them, and adds content for the said loyal customers to strive to (at least to mitigate the "end game" scenario); as well as all the stuff mentioned in the previous paragraph. 

Hope they make sense...