You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Doll

With USN Cruiser Split Coming, What Happens To The Indy?

106 comments in this topic

Members
516 posts
14,888 battles

We all know now how the USN cruisers will be split. Pepsi will be slotted in at tier 6, NO will be slotted in at tier 7, and Baltimore will be slotted in at tier 8. Where does this leave Indy? Will she be able to compete at tier 7 as she currently sits or will she need a buff? My view is the Indy will need to be buffed, even if Pepsi, NO, and Baltimore receive some nerfs. Thoughts?

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,151 battles

It should remain the same tier and buffed. It's a buffed Pensacola. No way a tier 6 ship should have radar -_-;

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I suspect Indianapolis will remain unchanged. Portlands are pretty comparable to New Orleans.

• Cool 1

[90THV]
Members
1,912 posts
8,071 battles

Umm....how- what- .......this makes no sense.

I don't understand the logic that downtiering the New Orleans will make the Indianapolis suddenly suck.

Edited by _V12
  • Cool 2

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles

New Orleans is closer to Indy than Indy is to Pensacola.  With NO dropped down a tier, having radar will keep it special as NO will lose its.  The buffs Pensacola got to make it competitive with Indy will more than likely be dropped a little when it is dropped one tier.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,171 posts
16,404 battles

She can be return for Doubloons - Like 50 000 doubloons if you sell her back

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,724 posts
12,922 battles

I personally think that the USN cruisers need deadly secondaries if they don't get torpedoes. 

• Cool 4

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,297 posts
12,976 battles

I don't see the premiums being affected at all by the split as they aren't in the tree.

The Portland class and the New Orleans class are functionally nearly identical, so both would be fine at the same tier (indy basically trading armor for radar as compared to the New Orleans)

Members
516 posts
14,888 battles
8 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Umm....how- what- .......this makes no sense.

I don't understand the logic that downtiering the New Orleans will make the Indianapolis suddenly suck.

It's coming.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles
8 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I suspect Indianapolis will remain unchanged. Portlands are pretty comparable to New Orleans.

Actually fun fact. 4 of the Portland class(what Indianapolis is) were finished as New Orleans Class. There are minor differences between the two classes.

To answer the OP, nothing. She will remain at tier 7. Hopefully she'll get that ROF buff she's needed.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

She likely won't be changed.

On the other hand, it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because the whole reason I bought the Indianapolis was to have a New Orleans at tier 7... and now they're putting New Orleans at tier 7.

[90THV]
Members
1,912 posts
8,071 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Doll said:

It's coming.

What part of my post implied I was unaware?  :Smile_facepalm:

Members
6,168 posts
7,861 battles
6 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

She likely won't be changed.

On the other hand, it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because the whole reason I bought the Indianapolis was to have a New Orleans at tier 7... and now they're putting New Orleans at tier 7.

If the speculation is to be believed, Indy will still be (T8)New Orleans at T7, since most are assuming the new T7 New Orleans will lose it's own radar access. So at the very least, Indy will have the radar going for her.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,943 posts
20,055 battles

Yup crappy treaty cruiser needs to stay at tier 7, serving it's defined 

role as tasty cannon foder all the tier 7 BBs.  

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,541 battles
19 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

In real life, yes. In game, no. They'll have to buff Indy somewhat and I suspect NO will get nerfed a bit. NO fires faster, has better armor, better stealth, and I think it even turns slightly better. I'm glad for the line split, partially because it will bring more attention to Indy. 

Members
667 posts
9,190 battles

What people aren't factoring in is the likely nerfs(when ships are downtiered) and buffs(when uptiered) that will be coming when the line is split. Any comparisons based on the capabilities of current models are based on a potentially faulty premise.

I would wait to see how the tech tree dust settles before considering any nerfs/buffs to premiums. EDIT: Haha I forgot, WG never nerfs premiums even when they deserve it.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[KARP]
Beta Testers
204 posts
9,537 battles

I would bet that WG will offer anyone who bought the Indy a refund for doubloons. I'm both of the people that bought the Indy will cash her in for a refund. :cap_like:

[SALVO]
Members
25,491 posts
27,464 battles
14 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

What people aren't factoring in is the likely nerfs(when ships are downtiered) and buffs(when uptiered) that will be coming when the line is split. Any comparisons based on the capabilities of current models are based on a potentially faulty premise.

I would wait to see how the tech tree dust settles before considering any nerfs/buffs to premiums. EDIT: Haha I forgot, WG never nerfs premiums even when they deserve it.

They don't nerf premiums because people paid real money for the ship in the state in which it existed when they purchased it.  I think that WG got into some legal trouble over this a few years back with WoT premiums that they tried to nerf, which caused them to have to offer to buy them back at the time, IIRC.  And since then, they've been extremely reticent about directly nerfing premiums.  Heck, even though the smoke nerfs were not technically "direct" nerfs to the Perth, Belfast, and Kutozov, they still offered to buy them back (for gold, of course).  WG seems to prefer to simply pull OP premiums from sale permanently rather than do nerfs (with accompanying buy-back offers).

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,491 posts
27,464 battles
1 minute ago, SideByEach said:

I would bet that WG will offer anyone who bought the Indy a refund for doubloons. I'm both of the people that bought the Indy will cash her in for a refund. :cap_like:

I don't see why WG would need to offer a refund for the Indy, if it remains unchanged and the down tiered New Orleans is relatively similar in capability to the current Pensacola and, heck, the Indy.  I don't see any nerf here, direct or indirect, to the Indy that would warrant a buy-back offer.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles

She's a premium, therefore, she isn't going to change in the slightest. The only time premiums get nerfed is when it's the game as a whole that gets the bat. 

This has been stated over and over by WG, so I don't understand where your thought process came from.

[KIA-T]
Members
1,271 posts
9,187 battles
2 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

She's a premium, therefore, she isn't going to change in the slightest. The only time premiums get nerfed is when it's the game as a whole that gets the bat. 

This has been stated over and over by WG, so I don't understand where your thought process came from.

That's true but I think OP wanted to know with all the cruisers moving one tier down from Baltimore, what competition would it receive from it's own nation and would it's worth drop.

[KIA-T]
Members
1,271 posts
9,187 battles
1 hour ago, SideByEach said:

Indy isn't affected directly so no refund :p

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
23,392 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I personally think that the USN cruisers need deadly secondaries if they don't get torpedoes. 

KM like or 8-9KM would be a national flavor I could get behind.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

I imagine that she will stay right where she is.  Eventually, I imagine she will get a health buff or a heal due to her crummy performance overall.