You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

US Cruiser split news

218 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,144 battles

They are going to have to buff the heck out of Cleveland to make it T8. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

That would be awesome if Baltimore becomes a Tier 8.  I think it's exactly what that ship needs.  Just leave it as-is.

[TSF]
Beta Testers
408 posts
14,724 battles

Just take out all the Cleveland nurfs to go a long way toward tier 8. It was Bad in CBT. I can't wait!

• Cool 1

Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles
18 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

They are going to have to buff the heck out of Cleveland to make it T8. 

well she is heavily nerfed to fit at tier VI so that shouldn't be hard she should have better AA DPS better reload and better turret traverse and I think better range but i'm not sure on the last one

Edited by skull_122_steel

Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles
19 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Cruiser split for the most underwhelming cruiser line?

Makes perfect sense to me....:Smile_teethhappy:

do you ever have anything positive to say:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Wow...  very wow...

Baltimore will be Overpowered at T8 unchanged... I love it :D. And the Buffalo is going to T9? F'n yeah. Oh this makes a USN CA main happy. And New Orleans at T7... that Im not so happy about as she already has issues taking bad face pens.

[WOLF4]
Members
82 posts

I'm about 1/4 of the way through New Orleans, but not actively grinding the line.  Would it make sense to make a push for Baltimore before the split?  Or wait til after?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles
2 minutes ago, Paulbearer82 said:

I'm about 1/4 of the way through New Orleans, but not actively grinding the line.  Would it make sense to make a push for Baltimore before the split?  Or wait til after?

I'd get to Baltimore and keep the rest. That way you get a free tier 9 and 1 ship down the rest. I'd also keep Cleveland. You might get the tier 8 version for free. I got a free tier 8 Kiev and Ognevi cause I had both in port and got a free tier 9 Tashkent because I had the tier 8 Tashkent. Also got the free tier 6 and 7 KM DDs when they did the split.

So yeah, I'd get the lineup.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

An important reminder regarding line splits: if you have premium permanent camo on purchased ships in the original branch, the ships in the sub-branch will automatically come equipped with premium camo as well.  Basically a buy-one-get-one-free deal. 

So if American cruisers are your thing and you can afford it, don't forget to buy the premium camos in advance of the line launch.

• Cool 1

Members
1,476 posts
17,555 battles
9 minutes ago, Paulbearer82 said:

Well I plan on getting the Baltimore as I'm only 10k or so xp from it. When they drop the other ships down one tier they give me the Buffalo to replace it so win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
5,951 posts
21 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

He almost never does.  But he's not AbyssoftheNegative, either.  He just likes to pick at things.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
5,951 posts

So how do you put Cleveland at 8, and a Brooklyn (Helena) at 7?  15 guns vs 12...AA will be less on a Brooklyn, though.

And yeah, if they remove the nerfs from Cleveland, my understanding is that she'll be fine at Tier 8.

Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

So how do you put Cleveland at 8, and a Brooklyn (Helena) at 7?  15 guns vs 12...AA will be less on a Brooklyn, though.

And yeah, if they remove the nerfs from Cleveland, my understanding is that she'll be fine at Tier 8.

in terms of the Helena if I remember correctly the brooklyn class ships had a reload problem and maybe they could have a turret traverse problem in game for balance.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,951 posts
7 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

in terms of the Helena if I remember correctly the brooklyn class ships had a reload problem and maybe they could have a turret traverse problem in game for balance.

They're also lighter-constructed ships than the Clevelands.  Brooklyns are treaty cruisers, 10K tons.  Cleveland isn't, and is closer to 12-13K tons displacement.

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles
22 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

An important reminder regarding line splits: if you have premium permanent camo on purchased ships in the original branch, the ships in the sub-branch will automatically come equipped with premium camo as well.  Basically a buy-one-get-one-free deal. 

So if American cruisers are your thing and you can afford it, don't forget to buy the premium camos in advance of the line launch.

No kidding? So if I have the camo on tier 6 Cleveland I'll get it on Dallas and if I get the new Cleveland at tier 8 I'll have rhe camo there? NICE!

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
23,392 battles
44 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

Nope just an angry troll who hides his stats.

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles
10 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

They're also lighter-constructed ships than the Clevelands.  Brooklyns are treaty cruisers, 10K tons.  Cleveland isn't, and is closer to 12-13K tons displacement.

Except Helena isn't a Brooklyn. Look at the dual mount 127/38s. No Brooklyn class ever had those. And that would put Helena over the 10k ton limit.

Just pointing that out incase ya missed it.

[KIA-T]
Members
1,271 posts
9,187 battles
14 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

They are going to buff Cleveland.

[WOLF4]
Members
266 posts
9,405 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Man i was excited getting that t8 premium skin for NO but now it being knocked down a tier :(