You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mytaru

If you could return 1 premium ship for doubloons....

82 comments in this topic

[TCAL]
Members
66 posts
11,211 battles

If you could return 1 premium ship for X amount of doubloons (even if that were half the purchase price) which ship would you return?

Also, what would you do with said doubloons? Buy a different premium?

As for myself, I've got a number or premium ships from last years Santa crates that I'm not keen on. My choice would be between returning the Indianapolis, Marblehead, or maybe Molotov...

Doubloons would be used to purchase some Kaga sky cancer. :Smile_playing:

Members
6,167 posts
7,855 battles

Saipan. I don't ever play it outside of co-op. And really the only reason why I purchased it in the first place was because there was a good chance, at the time, that Saipan was going to be the only premium CV. I'd likely get some permanent camo's, or save for them, with the doubloons.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Marblehead.  Murmansk (or even an upgraded Omaha) does everything better.

• Cool 1

Members
6,738 posts
21,145 battles

Gallant-the key for me is maximizing the use of multiple ships per captain...and I just don' like the ship.

Edited by Sweetsie

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,314 battles

Okt Rev. Thing is kinda a piece of junk.

• Cool 4

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

I would like to personally trade my lo yang for Kidd when it comes out, fail in that, I would take the doubloons.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,942 posts
20,037 battles

Indianapolis or Marblehead - both were santa crate ships - both are citidel magnets and not very good in their tiers - not sure if either will be buffed in to new American cruiser split, would trade for Alabama or Hood I guess

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,693 posts
19,874 battles

Saipan. I won it in a christmas box last year and I don't carrier.

Beta Testers
297 posts
14,661 battles
25 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Marblehead.  Murmansk (or even an upgraded Omaha) does everything better.

Really? I think the Marblehead is awesome. Over 60% w/r while Murmansk is mid 50ish,,,,, I think it is kinda OP,,, But I have to admit I use Alien Tec to guide my shells,,,,,,,

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

Atlanta.  It came in a Santa Crate and I am not even remotely interested in playing it.  Maybe if they fixed the rainbow firing arcs, I would consider it, but assuming that never happens, in my port it will sit.

b

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Blyskawica. The stealth fire nerf really hit her hard, and the smoke nerf to a lesser extent. She's always spotted first when up against T8-9 DDs. Anything she does now, Leningrad can do better. Was really hoping I could play her in the Dunkirk scenario but that was another letdown. Considering the indirect nerfs to Blys I'm a bit surprised WG hasn't offered to refund her. I'll save the doubloons for either Gallant or Vampire if they ever appear in the tech tree.

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles

Murmask came in crate...don't play it, so that is a no brainer. One I will take heat for: Warspite... Yeah I know...but I just do better in other BBs. I not gonna lie, I'm saving for Musashi.... would just use the gold for XP. She is really the only thing on the radar that I want..she may be to much $$$ for a lowborn knight like me, but gotta have goals I guess. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,699 battles

Already returned Kutozov. But if I could return some more?

Texas(redundant), Warspite(enjoy the hood way more), Ishizuchi(Kii is so much better), Lo Yang(Anshan is more my speed), Yubari(worthless to me).

What would I get? Convert enough free XP for Mushashi. Then I have no need for Yamato and can stop my grind at Amagi.

Edited by IronWolfV

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
163 posts
7,121 battles

Indianapolis, just cannot get thing to work. I get blapped so often, there never seems to be an angle where I am not showing too much skirt to some BB.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
1 minute ago, Aratnomis said:

Indianapolis, just cannot get thing to work. I get blapped so often, there never seems to be an angle where I am not showing too much skirt to some BB.

Story of most American cruisers from my experiences.  You learn to have your head on a swivel.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
49 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Indianapolis or Marblehead - both were santa crate ships - both are citidel magnets and not very good in their tiers - not sure if either will be buffed in to new American cruiser split, would trade for Alabama or Hood I guess

Yup. I won both in Santa Crates and was not impressed with them. I tried them many times (and died many times) and their survivability sucketh most heinously. I have better survivability with Atlanta! It's a shame about Indy, because the ship has great maneuverability and guns. (The radar is sweet too!)

hmmm tough call.... either belfast or kutuzov 

I have Kutuzov and had Belfast. (Get-sunk-fast to me) I'm considering selling off Kutu for the same reason I dumped Belfast; I just cant do very well with her.

Edited by ReddNekk

[TCAL]
Members
66 posts
11,211 battles
17 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

hmmm tough call.... either belfast or kutuzov 

You know that until the release of Update 0.6.14  you an actually return both for full doubloon price, right?

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

I sold back emden, Mika’sa, blyskawikazika very shortly after getting them. No gold incentive needed. They sucked bilge water.

I also sold back ishigishi, Texas and Indy because , although I really liked them, I really needed the credits to buy Minotaur while on sale. Sort of regret the decision because I was much better in both the Ishi and the Indy and rarely play the Minotaur. Not a potato friendly boat, lol.

on the other hand and knowing what I know now I would, if didn’t already have them in port, gladly pay for warspite, Atlanta, tirpitz, Belfast, Missouri, nicholai and Molotov.

i hope one day to somehow add Alabama, kutuzov and gremmy to my fleet.

Edited by thebigblue

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,202 posts
7,500 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

Saipan. I won it in a christmas box last year and I don't carrier.

If you are giving it away, I'll take it  :)

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
11,206 battles

With the exception of low tier premiums I'd say my Saipan.  It was really powerful when it came out, but has been power creeped by the Enterprise/Kaga, and being up-tiered most of the time.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,202 posts
7,500 battles

I have purchased Tirpitz and Kaga, love them both. I received the French T6 cruiser in a supercontainer but I dont play it much as Ive not got a good grasp on staying alive long enough in a cruiser for it to be a decent credit farmer.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 hour ago, Mytaru said:

If you could return 1 premium ship for X amount of doubloons (even if that were half the purchase price) which ship would you return?

Also, what would you do with said doubloons? Buy a different premium?

As for myself, I've got a number or premium ships from last years Santa crates that I'm not keen on. My choice would be between returning the Indianapolis, Marblehead, or maybe Molotov...

Doubloons would be used to purchase some Kaga sky cancer. :Smile_playing:

Mutsu.  Its the only premium I regret buying.

I *did* sell Kutuzov (got for free).  Will use that to pay for Missouri.  Would also sell Indy, Blys, and some others that I got for free and don't play.