You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Black Friday Premium Camo Discount?

19 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Short and sweet here, just as the title states.  We've never had a discount or sale on premium permanent camouflage up to this point.  But with the upcoming Black Friday event normally being one of the biggest annual sale dates for WoWS, why not this time around?

So WG, how 'bout it?  I have more than a few T10's in port that are looking pretty naked right now, and would gladly spend some doubloons on a good deal to dress them up for a night on the town.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,970 posts
22,210 battles

I'll pull the trigger on all my Tier X's if so....  I'm at 16/17 :)

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
9 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

I'll pull the trigger on all my Tier X's if so....  I'm at 16/17 :)

Me too.  I just find 5000 doubloons hard to justify, compared to only 3000 at T9.

[--K--]
Members
5,392 posts
17,924 battles

Besides the premium bonus those camo's don't interest me as I find them kind of bland. But with the how you can change the appearance of you premium camo introduced with the Yamamoto Campaign I might consider putting Premium paint on some of my favorite high tier ships. A discount on those camos might cause me to spend some of the gold I have laying about. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,282 posts
21,726 battles

They usually have a sale on gold....

Plus Santa crates can have gold in them too..

[RHULK]
Members
239 posts
9,167 battles
7 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

does anyone know the drops that santa crates have?????

As in the ship they can give you? from what i recall they have the same drop for Supercontainer.

Members
6,779 posts
21,196 battles
7 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

does anyone know the drops that santa crates have?????

don't confuse Supercontainers with the santa crates assuming they do something similar this year, the santa crates dropped ships at a 1 million% increase compared to normal supercontainers. I am hoping some of the new cv's are there this year.....and the Alabama...(will buy crates ill I get it)

Members
6,779 posts
21,196 battles
8 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Me too.  I just find 5000 doubloons hard to justify, compared to only 3000 at T9.

agreed, at a cost of basically $25 dollars for a camo is really high....especially when there are in game camos and flags that out produce the permanent camos.

Now, the idea I think many will like, As part of the Santa Crate deal, include camo tokens so that we can put a permanent camo on any ship we want.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,356 posts
23,792 battles
17 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

agreed, at a cost of basically $25 dollars for a camo is really high....especially when there are in game camos and flags that out produce the permanent camos.

Now, the idea I think many will like, As part of the Santa Crate deal, include camo tokens so that we can put a permanent camo on any ship we want.

I hate the high cost of permanent camo myself but not sure how they could add it to crates to make everyone happy. I can envision someone getting a high tier camo for a ship they don't have or don't want and that could really lead to bad feelings IMHO. I think crates that drop doubloons is probably an easier and safer option for them. That way you could buy what you wanted and would make everyone happy.  Now what I would like to see is a sale on permanent camo. Not sure I have ever seen that. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
6,779 posts
21,196 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I hate the high cost of permanent camo myself but not sure how they could add it to crates to make everyone happy. I can envision someone getting a high tier camo for a ship they don't have or don't want and that could really lead to bad feelings IMHO. I think crates that drop doubloons is probably an easier and safer option for them. That way you could buy what you wanted and would make everyone happy.  Now what I would like to see is a sale on permanent camo. Not sure I have ever seen that. 

did you read my post?

a token, apply it to any ship you want......

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,970 posts
22,210 battles

No premium camo discount yet...

[B-Z]
Members
1,684 posts
18,496 battles

Its a nice idea but theyd be selling something cheap that you'd only ever spend money on once. I have ten bazillion Halloween camos to use thanks to these pumpkin crates in the meantime. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,105 posts
15,303 battles

I very much doubt they'll ever offer the regular permaflages for sale. The most I think they'll do are event permaflages (like the current Halloween camos) that might one day include T10's in its lineup.

Edited by lloyd1701

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,356 posts
23,792 battles
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

did you read my post?

a token, apply it to any ship you want......

Yup read it, seems a bit more complicated than what they have now for the same thing. Kind of pointless to develop new programming for something that does not need to be done.