Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

Just got the Yamato and we will be spending a lot of time in Co-OP for a while.

10 comments in this topic

Members
178 posts
7,700 battles

I just got her the other day and me and her guns are not getting along at all. I dont care how powerful they are and at the moment i have trouble hitting a barn....Short...Long....

[HINON]
Members
13,738 posts

She does have the most accurate BB guns from range so you should do well if your aim is solid.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Use the training room instead of co-op. Set the bots to move but disarm them. Focus on leading targets at range. 

This way you can get your target practice in while not going utterly broke playing Co-op at T10. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

Just be aware that the population at upper tiers in coop is pretty limited.  While it is much improved of late, it is still far from uncommon to have enough players at Tier VIII or above to get a team that does not have Bots on it up to and including ending up as the only human player in the match.

The more towards peak hours you play, the more likely you will get all human allies or only a bot or two on your team.  However, at off peak hours at high tier, expect to be one of only a few humans in the match and even the only human player.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,587 posts
6,817 battles

Yeah, Yamato's guns take a bit to get used to. I'm still working on getting used to them myself, since they lead totally different from literally the rest of the line. My performance in Yamato is mediocre to say the least, between the way the guns lead and the passive playstyle that is required.

[PVE]
Members
12,592 posts
26,216 battles
6 hours ago, Labedoyere said:

I just got her the other day and me and her guns are not getting along at all. I dont care how powerful they are and at the moment i have trouble hitting a barn....Short...Long....

Yes, they take some getting used to. I would say it took me somewhere around 10-15 games to really get the feel for the lead at range. Once you figure it out though they are fantastic. I am not an IJN BB fan in this game but Yamato is great.

Here is a tip from a Co-op main for T10 play. When queueing up do not stay in the queue any longer than 15 seconds unless they show at least 2-3 similar players. Just get out if you aren't put in a game within 15 seconds. You can stay longer if you see 2-3 similar players but do not do it with just 1. Otherwise you run the risk of being the only human on the team and that is very difficult because they will use all T10 ships and usually 5-7 DD or you get some crazy thing like 5 Zao's or Minotaurs that just roast you or chunk you to death. The friendly bots will all die early leaving you alone vs 4-8 red bots and they just don't miss when shooting. 

Ever since I got Montana and Yamato my Co-op win % has taken a hit because I find myself alone so often in games. I learned to play the queue game and now don't get stuck alone. If I try say 5 times and can't get in a match I try lower tier ships for a while and then come back. 

[PVE]
Members
12,592 posts
26,216 battles
6 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Use the training room instead of co-op. Set the bots to move but disarm them. Focus on leading targets at range. 

This way you can get your target practice in while not going utterly broke playing Co-op at T10. 

Actually with a premium account, the permanent camo, and the service fee/credit flag you can rake it in at T10 in Co-op. I make tons more credits in Co-op with Yamato and Montana than I do my T7-T9 ships. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,252 posts
9,727 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually with a premium account, the permanent camo, and the service fee/credit flag you can rake it in at T10 in Co-op. I make tons more credits in Co-op with Yamato and Montana than I do my T7-T9 ships. 

Need to consider if the OP has those factors in place or is like other players that refuse to spend a dime on this game.

To be heard I don't mind being the sole human player against bots since it gives me a higher chance of doing massive damage and reaping greater rewards.

Also the Yamato shells have a long air time due to their rather slow shell velocity, you may want to give a bit more lead on what you think might be the correct lead.

Members
188 posts

A lower citadel on Yamato can really make the ship more aggressive and more balanced, she needs it badly.

[SIMP]
Members
1,595 posts
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, bsbr said:

A lower citadel on Yamato can really make the ship more aggressive and more balanced, she needs it badly.

This.

The newer (and older) ships will easily wreck Yamato if you show even the slightest bit of side armor, because at T10, all the bots have laser accuracy for citadels - and nearly the entire side of Yamato is one giant citadel.

Edited by capncrunch21

Sign in to follow this