You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainStevieX

U.S. Cruiser line split.

390 comments in this topic

[ARP]
Beta Testers
59 posts
13,260 battles

So, this is apparently happening at some point in the future. The main line from tier 6 (which will now be the Pepsicola on up to the Des Moines) will be all heavy cruisers, and the alternate line, which has the Cleveland up at tier 8 (where I heard she was supposed to be in the first place when the game was in development), and going up to the USS Worcester at tier 10 are all light cruisers. Very interesting. I figured this was going to happen at some point to be honest.

usn cruiser split.jpg

• Cool 4

[ARP]
Beta Testers
59 posts
13,260 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Touch late on that.

just woke up, so... yeah lol

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,074 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainStevieX said:

just woke up, so... yeah lol

Hey man NP. Happens with every announcement.

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

I'll still say, without a shadow of a doubt, that Chester may be one of the most mediocre ships in the game, tier for tier.

Members
2,141 posts
6,395 battles

List makes no sense. Uss Dallas was never built but was to be a Des-Moines Heavy class. Uss Hellena CA small gun 150 mm, Light Cruiser. Uss Cleveland Light cruiser, BIg gun 203 mm . Uss Seattle was a WW1 Armored Cruiser. Uss Worchester, Light Crusier small gun 150 mm. Not a ww2 ship built in 1948. I could be wrong but this is a little screwy. :Smile_honoring: Sorry typo

Edited by Raven114
  • Cool 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

List makes no sense. Uss Dallas was never built but was to be a Des-Moines Heavy class. Uss Hellena CA small gun 150 mm, Light Cruiser. Uss Cleveland Light cruiser, BIg gun 203 mm . Uss Seattle was a WW1 Armored Cruiser. Uss Worchester, Light Crusier small gun 150 mm. Not a ww2 ship built in 1958. I could be wrong but this is a little screwy. :Smile_honoring:

Commissioned 26 June 1948*

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,071 battles
1 hour ago, Raven114 said:

List makes no sense. Uss Dallas was never built but was to be a Des-Moines Heavy class. Uss Hellena CA small gun 150 mm, Light Cruiser. Uss Cleveland Light cruiser, BIg gun 203 mm . Uss Seattle was a WW1 Armored Cruiser. Uss Worchester, Light Crusier small gun 150 mm. Not a ww2 ship built in 1948. I could be wrong but this is a little screwy. :Smile_honoring: Sorry typo

Cleveland has 152mm guns. Dallas is a design, just reusing the name. Worcester has a blistering ROF on her 12 x 152mm guns. Seattle is a design, reusing the name. Helena has 15 x 152mm guns.

That should clear that up.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

I'm looking forward to this but I don't expect to see it before the end of the year.

[TRETA]
Beta Testers
226 posts
23,721 battles
Sorry to ask, because I did not see anything in reference above, but when would this change take place?

Salute to All !!

[ARP]
Beta Testers
59 posts
13,260 battles
4 hours ago, Feroz_71 said:

Sorry to ask, because I did not see anything in reference above, but when would this change take place?

Salute to All !!

seems likely to come early next year, probably January or February.

Members
51 posts
1,325 battles

How would the Cleveland change to accommodate T8?
I know she was nerfed hard, but would simply reverting those nerfs, and adding a mod make her ready for T8-10 matches?

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
8,112 battles

The Cleveland is the most obvious choice for a real T8, which is where it should have been in the first place.

Probably no change in the armor scheme, might lower the citadel a little, but the guns will probably get a BIG buff, like better AP and almost certainly a significant ROF buff. Also probably going to buff the AA slightly, to make it really, really dangerous, which it should be.

Frankly, after Atlanta and the Iowa/North Carolina, the Cleveland should have the highest AA rating in the game. Certainly better than the Hipper, the current best T8 AA cruiser.

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,449 posts
15,805 battles

What happens to current Cleveland ships and players, do we get a new T6 boat or move to T8 ? I have 854,000 ship XP in mine.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
23 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

What happens to current Cleveland ships and players, do we get a new T6 boat or move to T8 ? I have 854,000 ship XP in mine.

That is the 50 million dollar question. I must say I'm not thrilled at losing my only tier 9 ship (baltimore that's sliding down to tier 8). Spent a long time working up to tier 9 so I wouldn't be bottom tiered in Tier 10 matches... only to be pushed right back down again. 5 of the 8 most played ships I have (or should i say the ships I currently play more often than not) will be affected by this restructuring, including the loss of my only tier 9.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

[SYN]
Members
15,876 posts
12,803 battles
On 11/4/2017 at 4:44 PM, Ericson38 said:

That's easy to answer. Line splits happened in the past.

• You get a new T8 Cleveland
  • Your new T8 Cleveland will retain premium camo, if you had any
  • Your new T8 Cleveland will be given a new captain. skill points of the new captain TBA
  • You will get a new port slot if you have a Cleveland
  • Your T6 is replaced with new T6 Pensacola
  • Your 854,000XP will remain with T6 Pensacola
  • Your captain will remain with T6 Pensacola
  • If you had premium camo for your T6 Cleveland, your T6 Pensacola will gain premium camo
  • Cool 2

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Of course, the answer is "we'll see."  But personally I'm wondering how they will handle the 2nd Anniversary camo for the NOLA, since it is non-standard permanent camo.  Will that be replicated and we get a version for both the T7 NOLA and T8 Baltimore, will one get the special anniversary camo and one standard permanent camo, etc.?  That is the one issue involved in this split for which I couldn't find a direct precedent.  But these events are always great deals, minor annoyance of a bit of captain shuffling aside.

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
12,870 battles

USS Buffalo CL-110, a Fargo class cruiser that was cancelled. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo-class_cruiser

Helena is likely to be CL-50, a St-Louis class. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Helena_(CL-50)

No idea about Seatle, I suspect it is a paper ship. Possibly another WG creation.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles
16 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

That's easy to answer. Line splits happened in the past.

• You get a new T8 Cleveland
  • Your new T8 Cleveland will retain premium camo, if you had any
  • Your new T8 Cleveland will be given a new captain. skill points of the new captain TBA
  • You will get a new port slot if you have a Cleveland
  • Your T6 is replaced with new T6 Dallas
  • Your 854,000XP will remain with T6 Dallas
  • Your captain will remain with T6 Dallas
  • If you had premium camo for your T6 Cleveland, your T6 Dallas will gain premium camo

Fixed it for you.  Pensacola will be part of the heavy tree, so one will get the replacement light cruiser, not heavy cruiser.

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
12,870 battles
On 11/5/2017 at 2:57 PM, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

That is the 50 million dollar question. I must say I'm not thrilled at losing my only tier 9 ship (baltimore that's sliding down to tier 8). Spent a long time working up to tier 9 so I wouldn't be bottom tiered in Tier 10 matches... only to be pushed right back down again. 5 of the 8 most played ships I have (or should i say the ships I currently play more often than not) will be affected by this restructuring, including the loss of my only tier 9.

I have a similar dilemma also. I am 30K xp away from Des Moines. Question now is whether I research it now or wait. I don't have the money to buy Des Moines even if I research it and cannot get the cash without selling many things that I don't want to sell.

Unless the new tier 9 Buffalo is complete garbage, I don't have issues to grind thru it again. I am going to hold on to the XP on Baltimore for now and wait for the official announcements. I can just research the Des Moines then before the update.

Edited by dcr66

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, Doomlock said:

Cleveland has 152mm guns. Dallas is a design, just reusing the name. Worcester has a blistering ROF on her 12 x 152mm guns. Seattle is a design, reusing the name. Helena has 15 x 152mm guns.

That should clear that up.

@Doomlockor anyone have a link to the Dallas CL Design?

[TWICE]
Members
265 posts
6,645 battles
35 minutes ago, dcr66 said:

I have a similar dilemma also. I am 30K xp away from Des Moines. Question now is whether I research it now or wait. I don't have the money to buy Des Moines ever if I research it and cannot get the cash without selling many things that I don't want to sell.

Unless the new tier 9 Buffalo is complete garbage, I don't have issues to grind thru it again. I am going to hold on to the XP on Baltimore for now and wait for the official announcements. I can just research the Des Moines then before the update.

According to the last two line splits, you will probably get the Buffalo, and keep the captain and all the xp on it, if i remember correctly.