You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

High tier premiums are great and all...

30 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

But we need a few more low tiers, like the USS Olympia. =3 Come on WG! How about it? Another tier 2 little protected cruiser for the [edited] and giggles eh? She's got a great history to her, and a lot of people know and love her, especially in the Philly area.

So what do you say @Pigeon_of_War and @SuperNikoPower? Give a little nudge and a wink to add the old girl into the game? Maybe make a cool little mission for her to earn Dewey's flag in pve/pvp or something?

Pretty plez WG?

36KHlWH.jpg

• Cool 9

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
9 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

So what do you say @Pigeon_of_War and @SuperNikoPower? Give a little nudge and a wink to add the old girl into the game? Maybe make a cool little mission for her to earn Dewey's flag in pve/pvp or something?

Amen to this. I wish I had the words to express how much I want this ship in game. Not only was she Dewey's Flagship, but she bought home the 1st Unknown Soldier.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Olympia_(C-6)

800px-Unknown_Soldier_at_the_Washington_Navy_Yard[1].jpg

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

Low tier? Sure why not. Need moar port queens.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
1,151 posts
9,181 battles
7 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

More battle cruisers and Tier 2 Pre-Dreads!

Would love to see the OG Indiana-class Battleships, preferably USS Oregon (BB-3) find a home in the game somewhere/somehow.

• Cool 1

Members
1,475 posts
17,506 battles

One of the earliest posts I made to the forum was a request for the Olympia. Back then I was still playing those lower tiers but even now after I've progressed up the lines I've kept and play ships in those tiers. So for me at least she wouldn't be a port queen but a valued member of my fleet.

Please...Please...Pretty Please... If you do this for us I'll never bad mouth WoWS again.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles

The only thing keeping me out of lower tier play is that most WG missions require T4 or T5 and higher. I still take out Smith or Tachibana -  and even Mikasa - on occasion to unwind.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
16 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The problem with whatever low-tier premium is that the missions are always tier 4+.

2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

The only thing keeping me out of lower tier play is that most WG missions require T4 or T5 and higher. I still take out Smith or Tachibana -  and even Mikasa - on occasion to unwind.

Yea I think that a common issue for a lot of us players. It would be nice if WG (other players) would add some lower Tier missions and Operations and  I think this would attract more players for the game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
25 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yea I think that a common issue for a lot of us players. It would be nice if WG (other players) would add some lower Tier missions and Operations and  I think this would attract more players for the game.

Maybe a battle of Manila bay operation? *hint @Pigeon_of_War hint* ;D

• Cool 1

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
2 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Maybe a battle of Manila bay operation? *hint @Pigeon_of_War hint* ;D

Oh yea! And the Battle of Tsushima! And for 5 stars you get Marshal-Admiral Marquis Tōgō Heihachirō

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
43 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I think the big fear is seal-clubbing at that tier - and I don't blame them. But many captains do like those lower tier ships and play for the fun factor vice clubbing.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
Just now, Khafni said:

I think the big fear is seal-clubbing at that tier - and I don't blame them. But many captains do like those lower tier ships and play for the fun factor vice clubbing.

Yes I understand that but, speaking as one of the seals; the only way us seals will get better is to face up to the clubbers.

And I know that all seals do not feel the same way.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yes I understand that but, speaking as one of the seals; the only way us seals will get better is to face up to the clubbers.

And I know that all seals do not feel the same way.

You don't qualify as a seal with almost 5000 battles! :cap_rambo:

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
39 minutes ago, Khafni said:

You don't qualify as a seal with almost 5000 battles! :cap_rambo:

LoL well thanks but most of them are Co-Op.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
23,391 battles
5 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Would love to see the OG Indiana-class Battleships, preferably USS Oregon (BB-3) find a home in the game somewhere/somehow.

Her mast is along the Willamette in Portland just walked by it last weekend.+1.

Members
1,475 posts
17,506 battles

Really now, WoWS, does it make you feel good to make grown men beg.:Smile-angry:

It's not as if pleas falling on deaf ears is anything new around here. After all every new patch without the Haida is a slap in the face to our Canadian players.:Smile_facepalm:

I mean how many businesses have customers that complain about not having enough products to spend money on only to have that company ignore them.:Smile_sceptic:

Oh well we'll just have to keep reminding ourselves, "It's just a game.":Smile_child:

[IXM]
Members
259 posts
4,838 battles

There are quite a few low tier, 4 and below, premiums out there already.  The problem is one that was already stated though, we can't use them for any missions.  There are plenty of premiums already, but we could always have more.  I for one would rather have a better reason to use them than just seal clubbing or the occasional comp stomp.

Purchasable Premiums

DD - Tachibana, Smith, Cambletown, Vampire(soon)

CL - Katori, Emden, Diana(freebie), Oleg, Aurora

BB - Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Konig Albert(was purchasable), Nikolai(was purchasable)

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

Arethusa class RNCL @ T4 please.  It doesn't even require hardly any work.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

There are quite a few low tier, 4 and below, premiums out there already.  The problem is one that was already stated though, we can't use them for any missions.  There are plenty of premiums already, but we could always have more.  I for one would rather have a better reason to use them than just seal clubbing or the occasional comp stomp.

Purchasable Premiums

DD - Tachibana, Smith, Cambletown, Vampire(soon)

CL - Katori, Emden, Diana(freebie), Oleg, Aurora

BB - Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Konig Albert(was purchasable), Nikolai(was purchasable)

Well heres the thing, WG can easily just make a mission for the owners of Olympia, that would require the player to play her in order to complete it. Maybe make it available only in co-op, that way "seal clubbing" is kept to a minimum. (And really, is the Olympia even ABLE to seal club lol)

The great thing about tier 2 is its just stupid, mindless fun. Theres no competitive stigma or meta down there. You just sail, shoot, and have some derpy fun.

[IXM]
Members
259 posts
4,838 battles
45 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Well heres the thing, WG can easily just make a mission for the owners of Olympia, that would require the player to play her in order to complete it. Maybe make it available only in co-op, that way "seal clubbing" is kept to a minimum. (And really, is the Olympia even ABLE to seal club lol)

That's one way to do it for sure.  Another way would be to have mission difficulty scale to the tier of ship you are playing.  An example of bad mission design(imo) was the 1600 base EXP mission for the OR.  That's really difficult to pull off in a T4 but relatively easy in a T10 match.  If the challenge scales with the tier then you could play pretty much any ship you wanted.

I would just like WG to do something to promote lower tier play for longer established players.  Grinding out a new line takes a week or two and then most everyone is out of the low tiers and its back to the dedicated clubbers and the random new people.

• Cool 1