Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Have a merry Day of the Dead

19 comments in this topic

[FDK]
Members
1,295 posts
41 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

To celebrate I am listening to ICP and the Geto Boys all day.

Well, it is good to see that that there are parts in the united states that enjoy celebrating it.(besides Halloween)

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles
1 minute ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Well, it is good to see that that there are parts in the united states that enjoy celebrating it.(besides Halloween)

To be honest here in the states it's more of an after party to Halloween.

[FDK]
Members
1,295 posts
1 minute ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Well, it is a goodstart, I suppose.

By the way you shoudl try the Mexican bread of the dead 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles
2 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Well, it is a goodstart, I suppose.

By the way you shoudl try the Mexican bread of the dead 

Nah I will pop in the first episode of the Venture Brothers which featured the day of the dead.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
21 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Why???

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
10 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Why not?

That's not an answer, which I guess means there is no reason to be glad seeing it celebrated. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by jager_geist

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,983 battles
35 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

that's not a day of the dead celebration; it's trump's new immigration policy!

[FDK]
Members
1,295 posts
3 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

That's not an answer, which I guess means there is no reason to be glad seeing it celebrated. :Smile_teethhappy:

Not my fault. You asked a short queston first: "Why?" :Smile_popcorn:

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
35 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Not my fault. You asked a short queston first: "Why?" :Smile_popcorn:

Actually it is your fault. Why would there be a need for a long question about your statement? When asked "Why?"  about your statement you had nothing. The statement was yours right? It doesn't matter, was just wondering why that was your opinion, but you don't know. It's ok. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FDK]
Members
1,295 posts
11 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Actually it is your fault. Why would there be a need for a long question about your statement? When asked "Why?"  about your statement you had nothing. The statement was yours right? It doesn't matter, was just wondering why that was your opinion, but you don't know. It's ok. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sorry abou that, I'm not good dealing with "one word questions" that would make sense to other people. (Now you know), so your long quiestion would be "why muricans should celebrate  the day of the dead?"

In a nutshell, It is day to celebrate and remember those who are not with us anymore (Friends, family, etc) If halloween has become somehting more like an all around party-time, Day of the dead it is a bit more serious. However, from a kids pointt of view, it could be also an extra day for get some more candy. 

!On October 31, All Hallows Eve, the children make a children's altar to invite the angelitos (spirits of dead children) to come back for a visit. November 1 is All Saints Day, and the adult spirits will come to visit. November 2 is All Souls Day, when families go to the cemetery to decorate the graves and tombs of their relatives. The three-day fiesta is filled with marigolds, the flowers of the dead; muertos (the bread of the dead); sugar skulls; cardboard skeletons; tissue paper decorations; fruit and nuts; incense, and other traditional foods and decorations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead

Edited by Xwing_Red1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
1 minute ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Yes, yes, I have Google and other search resources as well. I was just wondering why you thought that(your opinion). If it was something your family did, or you just like to see more days to dress up and party. So, I guess you are saying that you like it because you can dress up, party and remember lost ones. From your Wikipedia answer, anyways.

[FDK]
Members
1,295 posts
Just now, jager_geist said:

Yes, yes, I have Google and other search resources as well. I was just wondering why you thought that(your opinion). If it was something your family did, or you just like to see more days to dress up and party. So, I guess you are saying that you like it because you can dress up, party and remember lost ones. From your Wikipedia answer, anyways.

As I alreday said,,, If you want to have some party time, You have Halloween, And in esscence, yes, Day of the Dead it is time to remember, but not in a sad way. There are no word to explain it. An analogy would be Baseball, you need to experience it first hand.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles
Sign in to follow this