You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Good on Wargaming. The ball in now in your court. Save the Texas!

30 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,673 posts
6,448 battles

Yes, another Texas post.  But I believe in this cause and give mad props to WG for the 100% donations.  Watch me buy the camouflage in this video...  meet me in the middle.  Do the same or even just the 4.99 flag.  Let’s save her!  

• Cool 5

Members
319 posts
5,581 battles

Beat you to it, Zoup.

How about an all Texas 7 on 7 match?

Edited by ikeystonei
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,032 posts
6,794 battles

As a person who's been on the Texas twice and lives quite near her, and also understanding of her unique situation, I would be extremely grateful just to see the leaks fixed and rust chipped, but even more so to see that she gets removed entirely from the water. 

• Cool 2

Members
319 posts
5,581 battles
2 minutes ago, StrixKitty said:

As a person who's been on the Texas twice and lives quite near her, and also understanding of her unique situation, I would be extremely grateful just to see the leaks fixed and rust chipped, but even more so to see that she gets removed entirely from the water. 

Fellow Houstonian here, and agree entirely with this post.   

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,032 posts
6,794 battles
Just now, ikeystonei said:

Fellow Houstonian here, and agree entirely with this post.   

Live east of Houston but I suppose it's all the same . :)

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,304 battles

I'm buying the Save Texas bundle. Yeah I already have Texas (with the Star and Stripes Camo), but this is a damn good cause and sending forty bucks to it is by no means going to break the bank.

Edited by JediMasterDraco
  • Cool 2

[WG-CC]
1,673 posts
6,448 battles

Y’all rock!  This makes the Let’s Battle event even better since it’s in Texas!

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

Well I cannot afford it right now, having blow my savings on the Scharnhorst. BUT I want to thank Zoup for posting this video and encourage everyone who can afford any of these bundles to do so and help save this Grand Lady.

[WG-CC]
1,673 posts
6,448 battles
8 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well I cannot afford it right now, having blow my savings on the Scharnhorst. BUT I want to thank Zoup for posting this video and encourage everyone who can afford any of these bundles to do so and help save this Grand Lady.

Scharnhorst is indeed a good Premium :p

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Bought the camo (which is sexy as hell) and the flag when they went on sale. :)

Hopefully WG can also do the same with the USS Olympia as well. That old girl needs some loving too. And maybe a tier 2 premium? *winkwinknudgenudge* ;D

• Cool 1

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
6 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Hopefully WG can also do the same with the USS Olympia as well. That old girl needs some loving too. And maybe a tier 2 premium? *winkwinknudgenudge* ;D

In name of the Seven Seas and all the God and Goddess of the Seas YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olympic-and-Becuna[1].jpg

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
16 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Scharnhorst is indeed a good Premium :p

Yea I agree, and I have talked to the Queen of the Budget - AKA: my Wife. We just cannot do the Texas right now :P 

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

In name of the Seven Seas and all the God and Goddess of the Seas YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olympic-and-Becuna[1].jpg

I visited her back in June and she was my first warship. I gotta have her in game, even if only for a few pve romps every now and again. =3

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
Just now, Kitsunelegend said:

I visited her back in June and she was my first warship. I gotta have her in game, even if only for a few pve romps every now and again. =3

I visited back 1980-81 when I pick-up my 1st ship - USS El Paso LKA 117 at the Sun Shipyards near Philadelphia. 

[FLEET]
Members
136 posts
2,613 battles
33 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

I have long kept a vow to never give WG any money. But for a noble cause like this, why not?

I assume it is possible to donate to the ship directly.

[WG-CC]
1,673 posts
6,448 battles
8 minutes ago, Herodotus4 said:

I assume it is possible to donate to the ship directly.

Yes indeed, through their website....

[WG-CC]
1,673 posts
6,448 battles
3 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

How is she in repair wise?  Looks decent in the photo.

Members
612 posts
8,439 battles

The hull is all rotten, unrepairable where it is now. The priority should be to first get her dry docked. Should be a, "Get the USS Texas out of the water" campaign.

They get her out of the water, I'll donate. Heck I would even volunteer to help.

Edited by injunmick

[WG-CC]
1,673 posts
6,448 battles
41 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

The Olympia, That is.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
40 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Not sure how old that photo is, but when I was there she looked decent. You could see a good bit of rust on her hull though, near the water line. That, and they had her entire engine room spaces completely closed off to the public.

Heres the album of photos I took during my visit.

[WG-CC]
1,673 posts
6,448 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Not sure how old that photo is, but when I was there she looked decent. You could see a good bit of rust on her hull though, near the water line. That, and they had her entire engine room spaces completely closed off to the public.

Heres the album of photos I took during my visit.

Nice photos.  Seems like she’s in better shape than Texas.  For the most part, the only thing I went on that was in crap condition was the Russian Juliet submarine that used to be in Saint Pete, Florida...

Members
79 posts
12,463 battles

I will not spend a dime on the USS Texas.  Texas has a problem and that is her people.   The attitude of the people with the election and reelection of representatives to the House and Senate of those that would delay or stop disaster relief to other US states, territories, and even the Smithsonian Institution is a crime!  Yet the people of the Great state of Texas so enjoy the aid after Hurricane Harvey. 

The USS Texas is a state memorial for proud Texas.  At the same time the people of Texas let the USS Texas rust / rot / sink  efforts to bring the soon retired USS Dallas to Dallas as a museum are ongoing.  Yes, they are raising $80 million and getting it to get a retired SSN (stripped of classified tech of course)  and haul it 250 miles inland and have a museum!  The Proud people of Texas cannot take care of the USS Texas but instead want a SSN.  Why give more welfare to Texas and its people? 

The people of Texas do care about others this is based on their votes for representatives and how those representatives vote.  The state government of Texas with all its financial power does nothing to save the state memorial.   This all shows the people of Texas do not care.   Let the ship die. 

• Cool 1